Enough!

luchitociencia

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2019
I was watching a movie today in the morning, when I saw my family setting the PC to have an alive video conference style participation.

It happens that their religious leader decided to do his preaching online.

The session was OK by me because they caused no loud noise, and I continued watching my programs without interruption.

But, the religious service turned to the part where there are chants and praising. Followers from their houses playing instruments and singing, etc.

The voice of my family singing loud following the songs was a background noise which made me go over there and check what was going on.

And the song was sad and slow, one of those inspirational melodies which incites to repentance, meditation, "brothering", and worst when Hebrew words sound so deep when the music is traditionally fervent.

I can't handle my sarcasm, and I called them "Jeremiahs" lamenting their living in the exile wishing to return to their worship place.

One of them, with tears told me: "Yes, we do".

So, enough!

My wish is to the current restrictions being lift up the sooner the better. I can't handle their suffering. They do have the right of freely go and worship their god.

So I can watch my TV in peace.

Now, seriously, regardless of the events in the world, I am witnessing that religion will survive and become even more stronger when is challenged by misfortune, as it is the current lockdown.

Good for their god, and good for them

So, enough!
Keep in mind it works both ways. Often when I am trying to have a peaceful time listening to scripture and commentary, someone in the next room who is frustrated over something they are working on begins with the profanity, which of course, floats over into the room where I am having my prayer and reflection time. Until now, never knew how much I missed having a place where profanity didn't fill the airways during worship! ;)

Until now, never knew how much I missed having a place where profanity didn't fill the airways during worship! ;)
Hmm

Nice.

But I think you might befalling in a kind of exaggeration.

Same as you can talk with another person without losing concentration, in the middle of a room meeting with 100 people, everybody talking, background music, noise when dishes are moved, refreshments served, etc, same as well you can talk with God while someone in your family is playing "profane music" in the other room.

I think.

Forum List

Back