Christian Theology.

Mindful

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2014
Here, there, and everywhere.
Christian Theology -- Theism

Christian theology affirms theism, the belief in the existence of a supernatural God. Christian theism rests primarily on two solid foundations: special revelation (the Bible) and general revelation (the created order). While the Bible reveals the character and personality of God page after page, the “whole workmanship of the universe,” according to John Calvin, reveals and discloses God day after day. The Psalmist says, “The heavens declare the glory of God” (Psalm 19).

Christian Theology – Grounded in Jesus Christ

Christian theology points to what Christians believe—that a personal God has revealed Himself through a created world, and that He has a plan and ultimate destiny for that world. Christian theology is ultimately Christ-centered. The God who “so loved the world that He gave His only Son” has allowed for a personal relationship between Himself and fallen humanity.

Christian Theology

“so loved the world that He gave His only Son”

and his son was to preach and save the Hebrews only, and God so loved the world he drowned everyone. I can go on how lovely God is, but its so depressing.

and his son was to preach and save the Hebrews only, and God so loved the world he drowned everyone. I can go on how lovely God is, but its so depressing.
I know, it is. However, the best thing I have found if life is simple human communion. Have a great morning, Penelope.

• Banned

He drowned everyone?

Does that mean we had to grow gills?
He's your god, ask him.

He’s not yours?

Are there more than one?
Again, ask him. If you have a line of communication with God, go and ask him. All your questions will be answered by him in your bible and praying. Ask him.

• Banned

He drowned everyone?

He's your god, ask him.

He’s not yours?

Are there more than one?
Again, ask him. If you have a line of communication with God, go and ask him. All your questions will be answered by him in your bible and praying. Ask him.

I don’t ask G-d questions like that.

He drowned everyone?

He's your god, ask him.

He’s not yours?

Are there more than one?

WTF? You can't even type his name? And I don't even want to know what kinds of questions you do ask him. WTH is the point, even then? None.

He drowned everyone?

He's your god, ask him.

He’s not yours?

Are there more than one?

WTF? You can't even type his name? And I don't even want to know what kinds of questions you do ask him. WTH is the point, even then? None.

That’s the Jewish way of writing it.

You could show some respect.

He drowned everyone?

He's your god, ask him.

He’s not yours?

Are there more than one?

That’s the Jewish way of writing it.

You could show some respect.
Confirmed. None.

Christian theology affirms theism, the belief in the existence of a supernatural God. Christian theism rests primarily on two solid foundations: special revelation (the Bible) and general revelation (the created order). While the Bible reveals the character and personality of God page after page, the “whole workmanship of the universe,” according to John Calvin, reveals and discloses God day after day. The Psalmist says, “The heavens declare the glory of God” (Psalm 19).

Christian theology points to what Christians believe—that a personal God has revealed Himself through a created world, and that He has a plan and ultimate destiny for that world. Christian theology is ultimately Christ-centered. The God who “so loved the world that He gave His only Son” has allowed for a personal relationship between Himself and fallen humanity.

Christian Theology
Pretty much.

For me the order was reversed. First came general revelation and then came an understanding of special revelation.

But I am not one to worship a book, dogma or convention. My understanding of worship is more old school.

Christian Theology
Pretty much.

For me the order was reversed. First came general revelation and then came an understanding of special revelation.

But I am not one to worship a book, dogma or convention. My understanding of worship is more old school.

I don’t know much about it.

Except that the Resurrection is a central tenet. There was a thought provoking movie made about it, in Israel.

You have life, dont you?

your mere existence is a gift of God

I use to believe that, but after much study I no longer do, but you have a right to your beliefs.

He drowned everyone?

So you don't know about the rainbow?

Genesis 9:13-17 New International Version (NIV)
13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life.

Of course, one of Jesus' last acts was to tell his disciples to go tell all the good news to all the earth.

Do you believe that today God sends floods and hurricanes to drown and kill people? That is how you see natural disasters? That is how you see God?

Christian theology is supposed to be grounded in the teachings of Jesus. Now the words and actions of Jesus have been forgotten. His words that have come down to us that he spoke in the Sermon on the Mount when he gathered his faithful together and fed them have been forgotten. Now what is marketed today as Christianity is just a soup of Saul/Paul (who never met Jesus) and Timothy and the others without any of the teachings of Jesus, yet they use his name.

Of course, one of Jesus' last acts was to tell his disciples to go tell all the good news to all the earth.

Do you believe that today God sends floods and hurricanes to drown and kill people? That is how you see natural disasters? That is how you see God?
Of course not, and I do not believe in the flood story either.

Forum List

Back