English Premier League and La Liga Football

I hope Toro, Liq and Pete are now revising their opinions of the likely winners of this season's EPL. My beautiful Blue boys have now gained 25 of a possible 28 points, scored 45 goals in the last 15 games and humiliated last season's champions. Are you guys now taking City seriously?

As for Spain, what a start to the season. As you almost pointed out Pete, the team of the season does indeed come from Valencia, but it's not Valencia CF, but lowly, cash-poor Levante leading Real and Barcelona. Of course they won't win the BBVA, but what a start!

I thought Man City was the best side in England after they demolished Tottenham.

they pretty much choked or were choked against bayern, haha

I think the word 'choke' is probably accurate. It is our first appearance in the CL and the level is very different, much higher than domestic leagues and we need to adapt and become familiar with that step up. City's still a new team and is improving and gelling game after game. A team that can beat the CL runners-up 1-6 away can certainly give Bayern a better game in Manchester. Bayern do look VERY good this season though.

I hope Toro, Liq and Pete are now revising their opinions of the likely winners of this season's EPL. My beautiful Blue boys have now gained 25 of a possible 28 points, scored 45 goals in the last 15 games and humiliated last season's champions. Are you guys now taking City seriously?

I have always taken (the last few years) City seriously simply because of the money to buy top players, but what City has lacked the last few years, is pretty much what they have now. They have a team that play together and for each other.. even Ballotelli is much more a team player now. But the true test of a good side is consistency over time and every big team has a down period during the season at some point. So for City to win this season they need to be as consistent as they have been so far, limit the stupid point losses and hope their down period is very short. That is pretty much how Man U and Chealski have won the championship the last decade.

Only issue City need to resolve is the Tevez clusterfuck and they need to resolve it fast, else it will end up being another Adebayor problem causing conflict in the team.

As for Spain, what a start to the season. As you almost pointed out Pete, the team of the season does indeed come from Valencia, but it's not Valencia CF, but lowly, cash-poor Levante leading Real and Barcelona. Of course they won't win the BBVA, but what a start!

Yes they have had a great start for Levante. Real Madrid are looking strong as hell and Barcelona have shown a tad weakness. Malaga is hot and cold, but the potential is there, and never count out Valencia and A. Madrid.

The real question about the two teams is how their two top stars hold up. Both are very dependent on them and if they get injured then things can change fast. However in my biased opinion Real Madrid are far more dependent on Ronaldo to score goals, than Barca is on Messi to score goals. When Ronaldo scores goals it is more than often solo efforts, where as Messi scores goals based on team play.. but we are talking marginally here.

Plus the talent on the bench for Real Madrid is non existent (there real talent has been put out on loan), where as for Barca they have a lot of talent. Both teams are very small considering all the games the have to play. So all this might mean a much tighter race than normal in Spain... but we shall see.

Bayern do look VERY good this season though.

Give it time...The drama club always self destructs at some point.

you sound like a german anti-bayern supporter.

i did not know that the "drama club" image existed beyond the german yellow press.

I could care less about Bayern.. they got rid of the player I hated there, so not a problem any more.

But Bayern are a club full of internal drama, especially when things are not going as they should. Right now it is going okay, but as soon as they have a dip in form, then the drama will return.

Give it time...The drama club always self destructs at some point.

i did not know that the "drama club" image existed beyond the german yellow press.

I could care less about Bayern.. they got rid of the player I hated there, so not a problem any more.

But Bayern are a club full of internal drama, especially when things are not going as they should. Right now it is going okay, but as soon as they have a dip in form, then the drama will return.

I hadn't heard the 'drama club' epithet before. Why are they called that? And Pete, who was this player that you so hated?

Back to Spain, I still think it will be a two-horse race this season, and probably closer than ever, but I would expect Málaga to begin to gel and play more consistently and for Valencia to maintain their position, possibly improving to finish 3rd. I do discount Atlético. They do okay in cup competitions but have no consistency whatever in the league. They haven't made 3rd place in the liga in 11 years and they don't look like doing so any time soon. I think they'll end up in mid-table obscurity, as they did last season and the season before.

The big question mark team for me this season is Villareal. They look awful at the moment but that's because they have such a terrible injury crisis going on and don't have the resources to maintain a strong enough reserve squad. When the players who are being so missed return, you might see a scary climb up the clasificación.

After 7 months of injury, Nuri Sahin gave his debut for Real Madrid
He plays with Zidane's 5.
He was substituted into game when score was already 6:1 for Real, and it was no big performance of him.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej2eTcxtqlo]Nuri Sahin vs Osasuna - Home (11-12) by Yan Gama - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
There's now a German connection in Real with 4 players from Bundesliga.
There's only 1 place alongside Alonso in Central-Midfield and Nuri will compete for that place against Khedira who is German International player. Nuri is the better player, but Khedira is stronger in defensive play.
The others are Altintop who was only signed as backup from Bayern Munich and Bundes-Mesut

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdFzPZoVMq4]Mesut Özil Traumtor vs. Belgien (HD) 1-0 [Deutschland 3-1 Belgien] - YouTube[/ame]

Khedira-Altintop-Sahin-Mesut
realturklergokart.jpg

Last edited:

I hadn't heard the 'drama club' epithet before. Why are they called that? And Pete, who was this player that you so hated?

There was a few, but Kahn and Ballack were the top two. And Beckenbauer was arrogant as President.

Back to Spain, I still think it will be a two-horse race this season, and probably closer than ever, but I would expect Málaga to begin to gel and play more consistently and for Valencia to maintain their position, possibly improving to finish 3rd. I do discount Atlético. They do okay in cup competitions but have no consistency whatever in the league. They haven't made 3rd place in the liga in 11 years and they don't look like doing so any time soon. I think they'll end up in mid-table obscurity, as they did last season and the season before.

We shall see.. Malaga are quite inconsistent. Madrid are on fire for now, but very very dependent on Ronaldo scoring their goals and doing the assists, and Barca got a bit lucky this weekend against Bilbao.... was more a waterpolo game than a football game.

Still dont count out A. Madrid or Sevilla.

The big question mark team for me this season is Villareal. They look awful at the moment but that's because they have such a terrible injury crisis going on and don't have the resources to maintain a strong enough reserve squad. When the players who are being so missed return, you might see a scary climb up the clasificación.

Agree, but depends if their moral has not been utterly destroyed before that.

of course i have to check in now.

bayern has clinched the division and the first place.

they can now decide to send mansour city into the much maligned uefa cup, or let them join them.

i don't even know what the current name for that competition for losers is right now.

Was going to make a thread for soccer, but decided to bump this one instead.

Looks like Manchester United is running away with the EPL. At this point I'm just hoping Arsenal and Chelsea are both kept out of the top four, to punish Wenger for trading Van Persie and Chelsea owners/fans for being ridiculous. Man U, Man City, Tottenham, Everton would be an interesting top 4.

Looks like Manchester United is running away with the EPL. At this point I'm just hoping Arsenal and Chelsea are both kept out of the top four, to punish Wenger for trading Van Persie and Chelsea owners/fans for being ridiculous. Man U, Man City, Tottenham, Everton would be an interesting top 4.

Who gives a Fcuk,I am only interested in Brighton and Hove Albion,like all lower league supporters,we are the real deal.........as for the Premier fair :cuckoo:weather supporters.....get stuffed(except,Man U,Wigan,Reading,Stoke,WBA,West Ham,Norwich,Southampton and QPR).

"We're the team from Brighton,Hove by jove thats Us,
We're always fair and never swear but now it's hit or bust,
So shout you fans let's hear you roar,cos' we are going up and we'll win the Cup,
for the Albion by the shore"..........BIG UP BRIGHTON.

As sung by the Albion supporters after the home game at the Goldstone,after defeating Darlington 3v1 in 1964/65 season,Brighton won the 4th Div Championship by one point with Millwall a close second.

Big up to all the Non Premier SUPPORTERS......the real supporters:clap2::clap2:

Last edited:
There's now a German connection in Real with 4 players from Bundesliga.
There's only 1 place alongside Alonso in Central-Midfield and Nuri will compete for that place against Khedira who is German International player. Nuri is the better player, but Khedira is stronger in defensive play.
The others are Altintop who was only signed as backup from Bayern Munich and Bundes-Mesut

Mesut Özil Traumtor vs. Belgien (HD) 1-0 [Deutschland 3-1 Belgien] - YouTube

Khedira-Altintop-Sahin-Mesut
realturklergokart.jpg

Ozil's "GOAL" was deflected.....NO BIG DEAL..Grow Up.:clap2:theliq

Who gives a Fcuk,I am only interested in Brighton and Hove Albion,like all lower league supporters,we are the real deal.........as for the Premier fair :cuckoo:weather supporters.....get stuffed(except,Man U,Wigan,Reading,Stoke,WBA,West Ham,Norwich,Southampton and QPR).

"We're the team from Brighton,Hove by jove thats Us,
We're always fair and never swear but now it's hit or bust,
So shout you fans let's hear you roar,cos' we are going up and we'll win the Cup,
for the Albion by the shore"..........BIG UP BRIGHTON.

As sung by the Albion supporters after the home game at the Goldstone,after defeating Darlington 3v1 in 1964/65 season,Brighton won the 4th Div Championship by one point with Millwall a close second.

Big up to all the Non Premier SUPPORTERS......the real supporters:clap2::clap2:

Haha. Well I'm not British, so I think I'm allowed to root for a spectacle.

Small world .I live there and have supported them for ?? , even when I have lived / worked hundreds of miles away .
Gus Poyet is very ambitious and will be gone in the next few months , imo , and we will not get promotion this year .
However , these have been good times since the Amex Stadium was opened and I just hope they continue .

Not impressed with your Avatar . Most absurd Seagull I have ever seen .

Last edited:

Small world .I live there and have supported them for ?? , even when I have lived / worked hundreds of miles away .
Gus Poyet is very ambitious and will be gone in the next few months , imo , and we will not get promotion this year .
However , these have been good times since the Amex Stadium was opened and I just hope they continue .

:cool::cool::cool:You seem very negative re Poyet leaving.....I don't reckon he will,unless to Chelsea,but surely that won't happen,mind you the Mad Russian is capable of anything.

They could well make the play offs then anything can happen..........you maybe eating your words come May, Black Cherry.....but all said and done my friend
UP THE ALBION:cool::cool::cool::cool:

EXCUSE ME,SEE ABOVE FOR MY COMMENT.......KOALA AIN'T A SEAGULL AND A GULL AIN'T A DOLPHIN(Brightons Original Nic-NAME) but he's cute.

:cool::cool::cool:You seem very negative re Poyet leaving.....I don't reckon he will,unless to Chelsea,but surely that won't happen,mind you the Mad Russian is capable of anything.

They could well make the play offs then anything can happen..........you maybe eating your words come May, Black Cherry.....but all said and done my friend
UP THE ALBION:cool::cool::cool::cool:

EXCUSE ME,SEE ABOVE FOR MY COMMENT.......KOALA AIN'T A SEAGULL AND A GULL AIN'T A DOLPHIN(Brightons Original Nic-NAME) but he's cute.[/QUOTE]

Mister Poyet can't get to job interviews fast enough , though it was no surprise when he turned down Reading last week . A very ambitious man . Tremendous improvement for us but he has yet to achieve anything concrete .
Our remaining fixtures are difficult , with Forest , Middlesborough and Leeds away , plus some competitive home fixtures -- like Leicester and Blackpool .
I think Cardiff and Watford are better than the rest , but I doubt any of this year's league contenders are good enough to stay in the Premier without very significant strengthening .
Not negative . Just objective and imho .
I have never heard of the Koala Sea Gull variety .

Forum List

Back