Enemies of America

I

Indofred

Split from another thread.

Can anyone name an enemy of America where America didn't create that enemy through interference in that country or regional interference?

I've tried and I can't find one.

Anyone game to try?

Can anyone name an enemy of (fill in your favorite major world power here)__________ where (said major world power) didn't create that enemy through interference in that country or regional interference throughout the history of mankind, no matter how well intentioned.......... or painted as such by one faction within said country or region?

Anyone game to try?

Can anyone name an enemy of America where America didn't create that enemy through interference in that country or regional interference?

Anyone game to try?

Can anyone think of one Islamic country that borders a non Islamic country that didn't have a conflict with that non Islamic country?
Anyone? And one example (to answer the OP) is America fighting its way out from under England's tyranny.

Last edited:

Anyone game to try?

Can anyone think of one Islamic country that borders a non Islamic country that didn't have a conflict with that non Islamic country?
Anyone? And one example (to answer the OP) is America fighting its way out from under England's tyranny.

Translated.
I can't name any so I'll try to sound clever.

Fail. :)

Can anyone name an enemy of (fill in your favorite major world power here)__________ where (said major world power) didn't create that enemy through interference in that country or regional interference throughout the history of mankind, no matter how well intentioned.......... or painted as such by one faction within said country or region?

Anyone game to try?

QFT
:thup:

B-b-but it's America's fault.
We're the only nation in history to make enemies

Anyone game to try?

How did Poland provoke Germany in the 1930s? What did Russia do to provoke Germany in the 1930s? What did the US do to Japan to provoke Pearl Harbor (besides sell them more scrap steel than all of Europe bought in those years)? What did Afghanistan do to provoke Russia in the 1970s?

What did Greece do to provoke Persia back in the day? What did any European region do to provoke Rome?

War mongers are what they are. My guess is not many of my generation - especially graying former yuppies who opposed the draft and later evolved into morally degenerate scum who supported invading Iraq and Afghanistan - would have admitted in the 1970s that one day they would be herded (like the human cattle they are) by corporatist neocons into supporting the US invading sovereign nations in Asia Minor for...

For what?

That has never been clear.

Last edited:

Anyone game to try?

How did Poland provoke Germany in the 1930s? What did Russia do to provoke Germany in the 1930s? What did the US do to Japan to provoke Pearl Harbor (besides sell them more scrap steel than all of Europe bought in those years)? What did Afghanistan do to provoke Russia in the 1970s?

What did Greece do to provoke Persia back in the day? What did any European region do to provoke Rome?

War mongers are what they are. My guess is not many of my generation - especially graying former yuppies who opposed the draft and later evolved into morally degenerate scum who supported invading Iraq and Afghanistan - would have admitted in the 1970s that one day they would be herded (like the human cattle they are) by corporatist neocons into supporting the US invading sovereign nations in Asia Minor for...

For what?

Either didn't read it all or read into what I posted...... Oh well.

Anyone game to try?

For what?

With all due respect, I read your post and understood what the post said. If you meant something different post that. No region in today's Germany or England antagonized Rome. Rome invaded. Period. No one in Poland antagonized Germany in the late 1930s. Germany invaded. Period. And so on through my examples in re war mongering major powers.

There was no need to bring up Alexander or Genghis Kahn, two major powers leaders whose primary motives were conquest, conquest and more conquest.

One wishes Junebug's reason for invading Iraq was conquest instead of showing his mama he could penetrate deeper and stay longer than daddy-o.

Last edited:

Anyone game to try?

Your premise is that all of Americas enemies were never her enemies until she interfered?

:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

Anyone game to try?

QFT
:thup:

B-b-but it's America's fault.
We're the only nation in history to make enemies

If America had you for a defense lawyer, she'd be singi8ng an aria at the gallows

Last edited:

For what?

With all due respect, I read your post and understood what the post said. If you meant something different post that. No region in today's Germany or England antagonized Rome. Rome invaded. Period. No one in Poland antagonized Germany in the late 1930s. Germany invaded. Period. And so on through my examples in re war mongering major powers.

There was no need to bring up Alexander or Genghis Kahn, two major powers leaders whose primary motives were conquest, conquest and more conquest.

One wishes Junebug's reason for invading Iraq was conquest instead of showing his mama he could penetrate deeper and stay longer than daddy-o.

Uuuummmm....... Many in the Middle East see us as invaders, in many countries where we stayed after WWII some eventually viewed us as "occupiers", prior to that some country's citizens, obviously not all, like in the Philippines saw us as conquerors. Many in countries not friendly to us propagate the imperial capitalist myth to this day.
Since when was Poland a major world power? They may have had delusions of grandeur but they were never a world power. Russia didn't become a world power until after WWII though it was well known that ultimately, between Germany and the Soviet Union, one would invade the other, they were traditional enemies and the non-aggression treaty was nothing more than a move of convenience for both. Not all of Rome's territory's were originally derived from conquest, some started out as alliances.
Our antagonism towards England that lead up to the American Revolution was partially our fault, we started the French and Indian wars, the real first world war. It drained the English crown coffers and they felt we should share in the cost. We had been self sufficient for so long that it was met with complete resentment by many but not all.
I could go on for pages, quoting books, articles and spending hours finding links but I really don't feel like it. :dunno:
Nuances, the nuances are the key.

What did the US do to Japan to provoke Pearl Harbor (besides sell them more scrap steel than all of Europe bought in those years)?.

Just as a note, the attack on the American occupied island of Hawaii was done from ships running on American fuel and with aircraft running on American fuel.
It was the cutting off of these fuel supplies that forced Japan's hand into the Pearl attacks.
Not that they wouldn't have done it sooner or later anyway but it is interesting to note, no one has found any enemy country yet, at least not without going back all that way.

Anyone game to try?

Your premise is that all of Americas enemies were never her enemies until she interfered?

:eusa_whistle:

Name on that doesn't fit my premise.

Anyone game to try?

For what?

You're kidding right?

Admiral Perry ring a bell?

Anyone game to try?

That's sort of true.

And it puts a large part of the notion of "American Exceptionalism" to bed.

Because like every world power..we've behaved just as badly.

Anyone game to try?

That's sort of true.

And it puts a large part of the notion of "American Exceptionalism" to bed.

Because like every world power..we've behaved just as badly.

We British were just as bad but we're starting to admit how daft we were.
In the long run, it was quite handy for me as my job would never had existed if the British of old weren't such gits.

America has yet to even consider its mistakes and, worst still, hides them from its population.
All those 'enemies' but none that America didn't actually make its enemies by its own stupidity and/or greed.

Anyone game to try?

BINGO!

Empires are like that.

Forum List

Back