What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Emmy viewers call out celebs for not wearing masks, social distancing at 2021 show

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm sure Joy Reid will get right on this and call out how dangerous this is. Or will it be Rachel Maddow?

The Emmys were skewered on social media as viewers took notice of the lack of coronavirus safety measures, specifically masks.

The 2021 awards show was one of the first to return to the typical in-person format following more than a year of delayed and adjusted ceremonies like the Oscars and Golden Globes. Few of the stars in attendance on Sunday were seen on the broadcast wearing masks or observing social distancing guidelines.

Although host Cedric the Entertainer noted on the broadcast that everyone in attendance had to show proof of vaccination, as well as test negative for COVID-19, stars like Seth Rogen, came out swinging at the lack of requirements. He wasn’t the only one.

After more than a year and a half of various mandates and guidelines designed to curtail the spread of the coronavirus, many were upset to see A-list celebrities having a celebration that seemingly included none of those things. It didn’t take long before viewers took to Twitter to slam the Emmys for not practicing what many of its stars had preached for roughly the better part of two years.

merrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
If this is true GOOD for anyone making it an issue. The Emmy's should have ZOOMED.

Gabe Lackmann

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The sheep are sheep for a reason.

They should have celebrated the bravery of Hollywood celebs to fight against mask repression...but alas

BAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Manonthestreet

Platinum Member
Reaction score
The sheep are sheep for a reason.

They should have celebrated the bravery of Hollywood celebs to fight against mask repression...but alas

BAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go
Exactly....now go and do likewise.

jbrownson0831

Diamond Member
Reaction score
If this is true GOOD for anyone making it an issue. The Emmy's should have ZOOMED.
Dims only tell their sheep what to do they would never actually do it themselves right dimwit??

White 6

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure Joy Reid will get right on this and call out how dangerous this is. Or will it be Rachel Maddow?

The Emmys were skewered on social media as viewers took notice of the lack of coronavirus safety measures, specifically masks.

The 2021 awards show was one of the first to return to the typical in-person format following more than a year of delayed and adjusted ceremonies like the Oscars and Golden Globes. Few of the stars in attendance on Sunday were seen on the broadcast wearing masks or observing social distancing guidelines.

Although host Cedric the Entertainer noted on the broadcast that everyone in attendance had to show proof of vaccination, as well as test negative for COVID-19, stars like Seth Rogen, came out swinging at the lack of requirements. He wasn’t the only one.

After more than a year and a half of various mandates and guidelines designed to curtail the spread of the coronavirus, many were upset to see A-list celebrities having a celebration that seemingly included none of those things. It didn’t take long before viewers took to Twitter to slam the Emmys for not practicing what many of its stars had preached for roughly the better part of two years.
The Emmy Awards were on? Ho-hum. That's nice.

Gabe Lackmann

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Exactly....now go and do likewise.
Never wear that shit anywhere. Pisses the Mrs. off to no end.

I have been kicked out of stores, tapped on the shoulder, 'talked to', scorned by old ladies.

After 25 years in the service I have a special appreciation for bucking the system.

All those years of just doing what I was told.

I L-O-V-E saying no.

DrLove

Diamond Member
Reaction score
This was well within CDC guidelines, but nice to see you melt over it. ;)

Cedric the Entertainer noted on the broadcast that everyone in attendance had to show proof of vaccination, as well as test negative for COVID-19

Resnic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
People need to shut the fuck up and only worry about themselves and their immediate family and friends.

Not enough people stop and think "is this worth freaking out over?"

JOSweetHeart

Gold Member
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone else besides the man on the right side of the shared picture wore a mask.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Reaction score
You couldn't pay me enough to watch an elitist snob award show.

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hollywood is also part of the Climate Change Cult, but they all use fossil fuel to fly to these award show.

blackhawk

Diamond Member
Reaction score

I cannot help but wonder how many actually did show proof of vaccination or negative covid test I suspect few if any.

Lesh

Diamond Member
Reaction score

You’re right on this one.

I turned it off . It made me sick

skye

Diamond Member
Reaction score
So what's new? rules for us, not for peasants like you and I. :mad-61:

Lesh

Diamond Member
Reaction score
So what's new? rules for us, not for peasants like you and I. :mad-61:

You think celebrities in Hollywood make the rules?

You "think" a lot of stupid shit

Lesh

Diamond Member
Reaction score
They were all vaccinated.

Is your child?

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days