Emmy viewers call out celebs for not wearing masks, social distancing at 2021 show

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I'm sure Joy Reid will get right on this and call out how dangerous this is. Or will it be Rachel Maddow?

The Emmys were skewered on social media as viewers took notice of the lack of coronavirus safety measures, specifically masks.

The 2021 awards show was one of the first to return to the typical in-person format following more than a year of delayed and adjusted ceremonies like the Oscars and Golden Globes. Few of the stars in attendance on Sunday were seen on the broadcast wearing masks or observing social distancing guidelines.

Although host Cedric the Entertainer noted on the broadcast that everyone in attendance had to show proof of vaccination, as well as test negative for COVID-19, stars like Seth Rogen, came out swinging at the lack of requirements. He wasn’t the only one.

After more than a year and a half of various mandates and guidelines designed to curtail the spread of the coronavirus, many were upset to see A-list celebrities having a celebration that seemingly included none of those things. It didn’t take long before viewers took to Twitter to slam the Emmys for not practicing what many of its stars had preached for roughly the better part of two years.

If this is true GOOD for anyone making it an issue. The Emmy's should have ZOOMED.

The sheep are sheep for a reason.

They should have celebrated the bravery of Hollywood celebs to fight against mask repression...but alas

BAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure Joy Reid will get right on this and call out how dangerous this is. Or will it be Rachel Maddow?

The Emmys were skewered on social media as viewers took notice of the lack of coronavirus safety measures, specifically masks.

The 2021 awards show was one of the first to return to the typical in-person format following more than a year of delayed and adjusted ceremonies like the Oscars and Golden Globes. Few of the stars in attendance on Sunday were seen on the broadcast wearing masks or observing social distancing guidelines.

Although host Cedric the Entertainer noted on the broadcast that everyone in attendance had to show proof of vaccination, as well as test negative for COVID-19, stars like Seth Rogen, came out swinging at the lack of requirements. He wasn’t the only one.

After more than a year and a half of various mandates and guidelines designed to curtail the spread of the coronavirus, many were upset to see A-list celebrities having a celebration that seemingly included none of those things. It didn’t take long before viewers took to Twitter to slam the Emmys for not practicing what many of its stars had preached for roughly the better part of two years.
The Emmy Awards were on? Ho-hum. That's nice.

Exactly....now go and do likewise.
Never wear that shit anywhere. Pisses the Mrs. off to no end.

I have been kicked out of stores, tapped on the shoulder, 'talked to', scorned by old ladies.

After 25 years in the service I have a special appreciation for bucking the system.

All those years of just doing what I was told.

I L-O-V-E saying no.

People need to shut the fuck up and only worry about themselves and their immediate family and friends.

Not enough people stop and think "is this worth freaking out over?"

I haven't wasted my time on this awards show in decades. We spend too much time caring what celebs think or do.

I cannot help but wonder how many actually did show proof of vaccination or negative covid test I suspect few if any.

You’re right on this one.

I turned it off . It made me sick

So what's new? rules for us, not for peasants like you and I. :mad-61:

1632189056946.png

Forum List

Back