Emboldened shoppers threaten Target workers over Pride Month items

iku

Platinum Member
Apr 15, 2023
Wow, just WOW! I can and can not believe it! These people can't be serious. This must be all "show".
I mean... chopping it up? So much talk about "chopping". Maybe "chopping" is on everyone's mind?
If you were SERIOUS, and I mean SERIOUS... would you "chop" and "scream" ?

As if. :laughing0301:
Translation: "Pay attention to me"
The tide is turning. .:rolleyes:

Brandishing her own scissors in front of guest services in a Target store in south Florida, the customer chopped up her store credit card while lambasting the retail chain for carrying Pride Month merchandise. "I am never shopping here again," she warned.

This episode - recounted by an employee to supervisors - was just one of several tense encounters that workers have reported over LGBTQ+ items at the South Florida location, said the manager, who spoke on the condition of anonymity over fear of losing his job. Target is the latest brand to be engulfed in culture wars, as polarizing social issues spill into store aisles and shoppers become more emboldened to engage in confrontational, even threatening, behavior.

Though Pride Month and other inclusivity initiatives have been around for years, they've increasingly become litmus tests for consumers, forcing companies to fully commit on social issues or yield to critics.

Retailers such as Kohl's, Walmart and PetSmart have also felt backlash from the far right for stocking items that extol equal rights and acceptance for gay, lesbian and transgender individuals.

Wow, just WOW! I can and can not believe it! These people can't be serious. This must be all "show".
I mean... chopping it up? So much talk about "chopping". Maybe "chopping" is on everyone's mind?

Brandishing her own scissors in front of guest services in a Target store in south Florida, the customer chopped up her store credit card while lambasting the retail chain for carrying Pride Month merchandise. "I am never shopping here again," she warned.

This episode - recounted by an employee to supervisors - was just one of several tense encounters that workers have reported over LGBTQ+ items at the South Florida location, said the manager, who spoke on the condition of anonymity over fear of losing his job. Target is the latest brand to be engulfed in culture wars, as polarizing social issues spill into store aisles and shoppers become more emboldened to engage in confrontational, even threatening, behavior.

Though Pride Month and other inclusivity initiatives have been around for years, they've increasingly become litmus tests for consumers, forcing companies to fully commit on social issues or yield to critics.

Retailers such as Kohl's, Walmart and PetSmart have also felt backlash from the far right for stocking items that extol equal rights and acceptance for gay, lesbian and transgender individuals.

Target is a better place without insane Karens like her there.

Time for retail businesses to defend their workers not threaten to fire them if they refuse to take the abuse from these insane Karens and Tuckers.

How much of a snowflake would a person have to be to be offended by the sight of a woman cutting up her own credit card? Especially when just a couple of years ago, they were cheering ANTIFA for burning down black-owned businesses?

Forum List

Back