The Ogallala Aquifer: When will the wells run dry? What then?

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
Even though Ogallala can recharge, it’s a slow process. Research from sources such as the United States Geological Survey shows that withdrawals from its water supply far outpace that rate.
snip
West Texas A&M University, and others, up to 40% of Ogallala will be unable to support irrigated crop production within the next 80 years. Other studies have even more dire news, projecting that the entire aquifer will be 70% depleted within the next 50 years.

I don't believe the university, it's Texas of course. I don't believe anything that comes out of Texas.

When we run out of water, look for high inflation on food, the Midwest is where most our food comes from. Corn belt. We have to use other aquifers. CA is the biggest, food will cost a lot traveling from CA, inflation, get use to it.
A lot of it is drought.
Conservatives, they don't realize precious earth. They don't want to have clean energy and the GOP is doing all to fight it.

Whoo-Hoo! A combo western water/CC religion thread! :banana:

tenor.gif

Even though Ogallala can recharge, it’s a slow process. Research from sources such as the United States Geological Survey shows that withdrawals from its water supply far outpace that rate.
snip
West Texas A&M University, and others, up to 40% of Ogallala will be unable to support irrigated crop production within the next 80 years. Other studies have even more dire news, projecting that the entire aquifer will be 70% depleted within the next 50 years.

I don't believe the university, it's Texas of course. I don't believe anything that comes out of Texas.

When we run out of water, look for high inflation on food, the Midwest is where most our food comes from. Corn belt. We have to use other aquifers. CA is the biggest, food will cost a lot traveling from CA, inflation, get use to it.
A lot of it is drought.
Conservatives, they don't realize precious earth. They don't want to have clean energy and the GOP is doing all to fight it.

What about all the water used to mine the lithium needed for EV?

snip

A lot of it is drought.

Then we drink the blood of liberals.

And this is why in the end we are fucked. People would rather line and up like the monkeys at the zoo and throw shit at each other than talk about how to deal with these sorts of problems.

When partisanship is more important than water you know we are a dead country that just has not realized it yet.

There have always been challenges and always will.

I'm sure the generation who faces this one will be able to deal with it.

And this is why in the end we are fucked. People would rather line and up like the monkeys at the zoo and throw shit at each other than talk about how to deal with these sorts of problems.

When partisanship is more important than water you know we are a dead country that just has not realized it yet.

Then move to another country. :laughing0301:

There have always been challenges and always will.

I'm sure the generation who faces this one will be able to deal with it.

In the mean time...fuck em...we have plenty of water till we are dead. :rolleyes:

snip

A lot of it is drought.

Saudi Arabia also uses a lot of fossil water so they built recharge dams.. over 300 of them. It's smart to capture ground water and store it underground.

You have low expectations if future generations, how are they supposed to deal with it.

There is nothing that can be done about it today.

BTW, if it happens after the Rapture, I'm sure the new King will be able to figure it out.

Forum List

Back