Elon puts progressive Stephen King in his place

The church I grew up in didn't have paid staff, not even pastors. My own grandfather was a pastor and deacon over multiple congregations, and supported himself and his family by raising chickens. Yeah, they spend a great deal of the money they receive on charity. Heck, they even set up their own medical cost sharing program that allowed 5th grade educated sawmill operators to afford things like hip replacements, and it's still going strong today. So, your complaints ring hollow. What you need to do is get out into the country and attend some of these little churches out here to see how it really works when people aren't as selfish as you're accustomed to them being.

Those types of churches are a thing of the past.

I’m not saying they don’t do any charity work. They do.

But it’s a sliver of their overall spending.
You say that as a blanket statement, insinuating that all, or at least the vast majority of churches spend very little on charity work, for the sole purpose to trying to undermine the reality that politically conservative people give more to charity than politically liberal people do. The reality is, there are some churches that exist for the primary purpose of making money for a few at the top of the organization, BUT there are far more that quietly and with no fan fair spend large sums of money on charity, outreach, missionaries, etc. The ultimate is a home fellowship, with no building to maintain, no salaries to pay, no taxes, no overhead at all, simply a group of people making donations and agreeing on where to spend them.

See, you're making a politically charged argument on a subject that you obviously know little about beyond the caricatures you feed on.

Those types of churches are a thing of the past.
Nope, that one is still going strong. You don't see them because they stay quiet, do their work, and don't try grab your attention, but they're still there. Now, they have started paying their pastor, I believe, but his salary is reported in the published budget, so everyone knows what he's getting paid, and it isn't a whole lot.

Yes, a 666 buy-sell-trade. Kuklos exothen. All outside the protection-racket mafia circle will be made sacred and (taboo [italics]) at the same time. Like the Chappaqua Blue Racer has been CIA, we now think that Trump has joined her club so he can be Biden's surrogate if CIA puppet JoeXi loses 2024.
THAT..........is some weird shit there.
A gallon of orange kool-aid in the morning is, obviously............WAY too much.

But the Obama's celebrity status was based on duping Cleveland voters, because O is and was an Arab son fronting as a black to get into the WH.
Deflection noted...

No instead, I am going to further destroy your deflections....

Remember how you right-wingers so hated that "Black Arab" that you guys made Trump politically relevant all because he claimed the black guy wasn't born here?

Before that point, you morons didn't give a fuck about Trump....

And since I also know your next deflection is going to be "But but Hillary made up the birther movement"

Aside from that being demonstrably false....even if it was true...it just means you folks let Hillary troll you into believing something that you right-wingers want to hold on to so dearly, that you still believe it....that racism is something else ain't it

How very dishonest of Musk to pay for the blue check mark for other people.
Elon should sell checkmarks based on the color. Blue ones are $8, $12 for gold ones; $100 for green ones with $80.00 going to save the planet by buying a tesla solar panel for a third world nation. That way anybody who tweets about AGW without a green checkmark is self-proving as someone not walking the walk.

WOW.............that helps..........A LOT.

That is only to get more gullible people to give the church, more $$$.

Churches have been Right Wing for decades, they "give" to their own...........and steal from their own.
Like Trump.
Catholics giving:
th.jpg

John The Bapist Food Bank:
Food-Bank_4-1024x683.jpg

Those MEAN suckers!

Elon should sell checkmarks based on the color. Blue ones are $8, $12 for gold ones; $100 for green ones with $80.00 going to save the planet by buying a tesla solar panel for a third world nation. That way anybody who tweets about AGW without a green checkmark is self-proving as someone not walking the walk.

That's pretty much the topic of this thread. Musk humiliated King by pointing out that he hasn't done a thing for Ukraine other than post platitudes on Twitter, while Musk has contributed massive amounts of money.

Well done, out of 400,000 churches in the country you found pictures of two of them helping out
I could post pictures if thousands if I thought it would make a difference. I'm sure, though, that you would find fault in their giving spirit so why waste my time?

Catholics giving:
th.jpg

John The Bapist Food Bank:
Food-Bank_4-1024x683.jpg

Those MEAN suckers!
I think the basic message here is something along the lines of, "I don't go where churches are doing charity work, so I don't see them doing it, and since I don't see them doing it, I don't believe they're doing it anywhere." Kind of like the journalists who couldn't figure out why Nixon got elected because no one they knew voted for him.

I think the basic message here is something along the lines of, "I don't go where churches are doing charity work, so I don't see them doing it, and since I don't see them doing it, I don't believe they're doing it anywhere." Kind of like the journalists who couldn't figure out why Nixon got elected because no one they knew voted for him.
That's how they live life, in general. Squeeze the eyes and plug the ears, and they don't have to see or hear the facts.

I think the basic message here is something along the lines of, "I don't go where churches are doing charity work, so I don't see them doing it, and since I don't see them doing it, I don't believe they're doing it anywhere."
Then YOU, don't know "basics".
Every county in the US has a church or a food bank, usually, one or the other is in/on a newspaper or TV every week/month for something.
Kind of like the journalists who couldn't figure out why Nixon got elected because no one they knew voted for him.
Like Bush?

How many can you prove are giving very little? You did, after all, try to make that case, repeatedly.

I have given a link that shows less than 5% of money received by churches leave the walls of the church.

How many actual charities have a 95% overhead?

Then YOU, don't know "basics".
Every county in the US has a church or a food bank, usually, one or the other is in/on a newspaper or TV every week/month for something.
Handing out food is only one way of doing charity work. There is building affordable housing (Ever hear of Jimmy Carter?), rent assistance, Christmas gifts for poor kids, mowing someone's lawn, heck, even free oil changes for poor, pregnant mothers.
Like Bush?
No, like Nixon. I'm sure some people couldn't figure out how Bush could beat Gore in Gore's home state, but that saying came from Nixon's era.

Forum List

Back