Elon puts progressive Stephen King in his place

That's pretty much the topic of this thread. Musk humiliated King by pointing out that he hasn't done a thing for Ukraine other than post platitudes on Twitter, while Musk has contributed massive amounts of money.

I am sure it adds up for equipment cost but mostly it appears to be services. Star link is kind of pricy.

You say that as a blanket statement, insinuating that all, or at least the vast majority of churches spend very little on charity work, for the sole purpose to trying to undermine the reality that politically conservative people give more to charity than politically liberal people do. The reality is, there are some churches that exist for the primary purpose of making money for a few at the top of the organization, BUT there are far more that quietly and with no fan fair spend large sums of money on charity, outreach, missionaries, etc. The ultimate is a home fellowship, with no building to maintain, no salaries to pay, no taxes, no overhead at all, simply a group of people making donations and agreeing on where to spend them.

See, you're making a politically charged argument on a subject that you obviously know little about beyond the caricatures you feed on.
I'm saying that when you take churches as a whole, they spend very little on actual charity work. The vast majority of their money goes to fund salaries and facilities. That is backed up with data.

This isn't about you or your church or three churches or whatever. This is about the church community as a whole. Sorry that I don't want to give credit to conservatives for donating to churches when the vast majority of the money isn't charity and never would be considered charity by any rational person.

I'm saying that when you take churches as a whole, they spend very little on actual charity work. The vast majority of their money goes to fund salaries and facilities. That is backed up with data.

This isn't about you or your church or three churches or whatever. This is about the church community as a whole. Sorry that I don't want to give credit to conservatives for donating to churches when the vast majority of the money isn't charity and never would be considered charity by any rational person.
But, and this you cannot deny, conservatives ARE more generous than liberals because conservatives DONATE more of their own wealth to churches and other charities than liberals do, full stop. Whether a particular church uses the money for work outside the church or inside the church is irrelevant to the person giving, because they are being generous from their heart. Sorry, you can't avoid this one, conservatives are just more generous.

Look at it this way, conservatives like what the church is doing, so they give of their own money, expecting to receive nothing back. Liberals don't give money unless they expect to get something in return. That's the difference between generous and selfish.

Isn’t it true many of these celebs paid tens of thousands of dollars for blue checkmarks in old Twitter?

Yet now they scream about $8 a month.
they really mean to scream about Elon not being lib enough...

Forum List

Back