Elon Musk Twitter deal financing put on hold over threats: report

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Remember when some of us said "I will believe it when I see it". This is why.

Some simply don't want free speech and discourse. They want to promote bad policies, decisions and ideals and ensure that NO ONE refutes them. They want to Shadowban and destroy American principles, sometimes even with orders by foreign police agencies who are "friendly".

Who does this help? Not America I assure you. The rise of European and Asian nations looking towards Americas enemies is because many Americans to some degree and many of her allies are "leading the anti-Americanism by example".

It's a gift to these nations and they will take it. Musk would have ensures that free and open debate would force better policies and discussion.

Elon Musk's bid to purchase Twitter has been put on hold over concerns about his ability to arrange new financing that would limit his cash contribution to the $44 billion acquisition amid his threats to walk away from the deal, according to media reports.

The SpaceX and Tesla CEO has threatened to walk away from the deal over Twitter's alleged refusal to provide him information about spam bots and fake accounts on the social media platform.

In a letter to Twitter on Monday, Musk's lawyers wrote they have repeatedly asked for the information since May 9, about a month after his offer to buy the company, so he could evaluate how many of the company’s 229 million accounts are fake.

Musk has long been fixated on Twitter's bot problem as a reflection of the platform's true value. He has more than 97 million followers.

Some simply don't want free speech and discourse. They want to promote bad policies, decisions and ideals and ensure that NO ONE refutes them. They want to Shadowban and destroy American principles, sometimes even with orders by foreign police agencies who are "friendly".

Who does this help? Not America I assure you. The rise of European and Asian nations looking towards Americas enemies is because many Americans to some degree and many of her allies are "leading the anti-Americanism by example".

It's a gift to these nations and they will take it. Musk would have ensures that free and open debate would force better policies and discussion.

Elon Musk's bid to purchase Twitter has been put on hold over concerns about his ability to arrange new financing that would limit his cash contribution to the $44 billion acquisition amid his threats to walk away from the deal, according to media reports.

The SpaceX and Tesla CEO has threatened to walk away from the deal over Twitter's alleged refusal to provide him information about spam bots and fake accounts on the social media platform.

In a letter to Twitter on Monday, Musk's lawyers wrote they have repeatedly asked for the information since May 9, about a month after his offer to buy the company, so he could evaluate how many of the company’s 229 million accounts are fake.

Musk has long been fixated on Twitter's bot problem as a reflection of the platform's true value. He has more than 97 million followers.
in the end, the 5% reported "bot" users on twitter is a lie. but musk has to go by SEC filings when he makes a stock offer like he did. now it's up to twitter to prove they didn't lie.

and most people who are not locked step with the lies of the world today know that there are far more than 5% fake users on twitter. so elan has a right to back out.

that said, the shake up of even the attempt is huge. it will be harder and harder for first, twitter, to justify their ad prices if they can't verify the bot price which has to calculated in for views.

the next move musk should make is to simply build a better twitter, open up options for making it a "private website" WITH the tweeting RSS feeds, revamp what information users can subscribe to, and then import the entire twitter account into the new one.

twitter would then most certainly be dead at that point.

in the end, the 5% reported "bot" users on twitter is a lie. but musk has to go by SEC filings when he makes a stock offer like he did. now it's up to twitter to prove they didn't lie.

and most people who are not locked step with the lies of the world today know that there are far more than 5% fake users on twitter. so elan has a right to back out.

that said, the shake up of even the attempt is huge. it will be harder and harder for first, twitter, to justify their ad prices if they can't verify the bot price which has to calculated in for views.

the next move musk should make is to simply build a better twitter, open up options for making it a "private website" WITH the tweeting RSS feeds, revamp what information users can subscribe to, and then import the entire twitter account into the new one.

twitter would then most certainly be dead at that point.
"so elan has a right to back out."

And I wouldn't doubt he will.

Haven't a clue why he's fixated on Twitter, it's a pile of crap. If the likes of Musk and Trump put together a platform, it would wipe out the likes of Twitter and Facebook, and at a fraction of the cost of trying to buy Twitter. Only the Lefty pussies will stay with Twitter and Facebook.

Elon Musk Just EXPOSED Klaus Schwab & World Economic Forum..​

Haven't a clue why he's fixated on Twitter, it's a pile of crap. If the likes of Musk and Trump put together a platform, it would wipe out the likes of Twitter and Facebook, and at a fraction of the cost of trying to buy Twitter. Only the Lefty pussies will stay with Twitter and Facebook.
People don't want toblose their history.

Create a new platform, expand it to be a portal not a feed, and import history.

That would do it.

I have had a feeling for a while that he was trying to get out of the deal. I think this is him doing just that.

I have had a feeling for a while that he was trying to get out of the deal. I think this is him doing just that.
Well, a week later, I heard on the tv monitor that he's returned to wanting to own Twitter again. Didn't hear the whys and wherefores, though.

People who used more gas than 1,000 cars apiece to fly to Geneva speak about the bad stuff going on in the environment by other people? Yeah, yeah, yeah.
If you watch that video, I believe it has more to do with ESG investing index, and Tesla being booted from that, than "gas." But yeah, it does make a mockery of the whole, "green," agenda.

If you watch that video, I believe it has more to do with ESG investing index, and Tesla being booted from that, than "gas." But yeah, it does make a mockery of the whole, "green," agenda.

I saw the video, too, but I had never heard of the elite group being viewed before this evening.

I saw the video, too, but I had never heard of the elite group being viewed before this evening.

The Global Pandemic Treaty: What You Need to Know​

This is nonsense.

The reason why this is not going to happen is because he isn't liquid, and his stock is vastly over-inflated. He might have to dump literally billions of dollars of stock to meet his margin calls he pledged to collateralize this deal.

FYI I'm not against Musk doing this deal. His criticisms of Twitter are valid.

But he relies heavily on borrowing from others. Musk is a cheapskate. A former girlfriend says that he is so cheap, they once ate peanut butter on bread for a week. He pours every cent he has into his company. In some ways, I admire that. But he isn't going to jeopardize his company and his net worth over a philosophical disagreement.

Edit:
Not anymore.

The Global Pandemic Treaty: What You Need to Know​

That's quite a decision over people's lives worldwide. It triggered me to find out what the death rate could be for all mankind, and apparently of those who contracted the, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) (the virus that causes the disease COVID-19) had spread to 223 countries with a mortality rate of 2.2%.1 Generally, COVID-19 is more severe in people aged >60 y or those with underlying diseases.2,3.

2.2% die. Is that a reason to cast aside the Constitution and become a dependent nation on the decisions of foreigners? I just don't think so. The nature of man has not been exactly what I would consider selfless. Look at Russia's Putin. Where's the mercy for things decided 80 years ago? Nonexistent! We are group creatures for a good reason. It's easy to mobilize against a country that doesn't speak the same language, particularly for oligarch ruling systems, caste systems, and monarchy systems, and even our system of jolly good fellows. *sigh* We have fought the good fight, and unfortunately, it's easy to follow the next panacea when the last one fell through.

Our best societal gratification can come through wearing of masks when another pandemic version is apparent, hand sanitizer and showering with soap when out and about in the public realm, and a sense of good sportsmanship when and if we catch the disease. By good sportsmanship, I mean doing what is best for others and ourselves. It is known that most people including those with compromised immune disorders can fight off the disease with daily extra supplements of Zinc, and vitamins A and D, turmeric, garlic, and ginger, not to mention an age-sufficient multivitamin. with the benefits of some provide more specific supplements for males and specific supplements for women as well. Add that to gloves and masks, and you're quadrupling the odds when you pay attention to where you've been, what you have touched with bare skin, and you've put up a shield that with quick thinking, can save your life if you are over 60, have allergies and even harsh health complications such as lupis, chronic fatigue, ulcers, fibromyalgia, neuropathic issues, blood poisoning, or corporal cancer. There are probably other compromised systemic anathemas than I know of that could cause further susceptibility to covid and its ugly relatives in the 2.2% unsafe zone of compromised health issues.

I nominate Elon Musk to organize the right minds to fight off Covid and eliminate it from this nation. He seems to have a gift for getting Brobdinagian tasks under control.

Musk just had an all employee meeting this last week. The deal is closing in the next week or so... Looking for major changes real fast from Musk.
This whole country needs to go through some changes, and I don't mean leftist changes, but more so in the opposite direction.

Forum List

Back