Ellison very possible risks acquittal for Chauvin in order to virtue signal.

It depends on what the prosecutor charges him with.

If they charge him with both second and third degree murder, the jury gets to choose.

But if the prosecutor goes for broke and charges for second only, then the jury will have to decide if he's guilty of that, and if he isn't, they have no choice but to let him off completely.

Reality check, buddy. After this last week and all the riots, Ellison could charge him with Witchcraft and they'd find him guilty of that.
Yeah I know that. Which is why I recognized that fact in the OP genius. This trial isn’t going to happen for at least half a year. Probably longer. I doubt it’ll have the same amount of coverage as it’s getting now. Who knows what’s going to be dominating the news cycle during that time.

My point is why risk it?? 3rd degree murder is perfect. No one was complaining about 3rd degree murder. It’s just more cowbell, when more cowbell is taking a risk. It’s also not how our legal system should work. Our system is designed to shield itself from the emotionalism were seeing today. We should be disturbed by the fact we could charge someone with witchcraft. I hope chauvin does become an example to all police.His behavior is unacceptable. There needs to be reform in how officers behave. I’ve been saying that long before Micheal Brown. But we need our justice system to remain blind. Blind to both the fact the defendant is part of law enforcement, and blind to the wishes of the mob. The whole point of talking about the Salem witch trials is that the mob is really fucking dangerous when they get out of hand.

If they charge him with both second and third degree murder, the jury gets to choose.

But if the prosecutor goes for broke and charges for second only, then the jury will have to decide if he's guilty of that, and if he isn't, they have no choice but to let him off completely.

Reality check, buddy. After this last week and all the riots, Ellison could charge him with Witchcraft and they'd find him guilty of that.

the world is watching - & that pig will never be free. even on the most slightest chance that he serves no time - - - he's a marked 'man'.

Being locked up makes him a lot easier target for bloodthirsty Libs however. There is a million dollar bounty on George Zimmerman posted by the Black Panther Party, and Zim is still alive and well. Mr. Zimmerman would have died a lot time ago if he had been sent to prison.

lol.... 'bloodthirsty libs '.

better tell blackrook how you are making this politically motivated.

& if he does serve time - he needs to be in the GP. no solitary confinement.

Its just as easy for a liberal bounty hunter to get to someone in solitary as in GP. You can ask Jeff Epstein about that.

Yeah I know that. Which is why I recognized that fact in the OP genius. This trial isn’t going to happen for at least half a year. Probably longer. I doubt it’ll have the same amount of coverage as it’s getting now. Who knows what’s going to be dominating the news cycle during that time.

My point is why risk it?? 3rd degree murder is perfect. No one was complaining about 3rd degree murder. It’s just more cowbell, when more cowbell is taking a risk. It’s also not how our legal system should work. Our system is designed to shield itself from the emotionalism were seeing today. We should be disturbed by the fact we could charge someone with witchcraft. I hope chauvin does become an example to all police.His behavior is unacceptable. There needs to be reform in how officers behave. I’ve been saying that long before Micheal Brown. But we need our justice system to remain blind. Blind to both the fact the defendant is part of law enforcement, and blind to the wishes of the mob. The whole point of talking about the Salem witch trials is that the mob is really fucking dangerous when they get out of hand.

The trial may be a long way off. The Anti-Trump Synagogue shooting happened more than a year and a half ago and the trial hasn't been scheduled yet.

the world is watching - & that pig will never be free. even on the most slightest chance that he serves no time - - - he's a marked 'man'.

Being locked up makes him a lot easier target for bloodthirsty Libs however. There is a million dollar bounty on George Zimmerman posted by the Black Panther Party, and Zim is still alive and well. Mr. Zimmerman would have died a lot time ago if he had been sent to prison.

Its just as easy for a liberal bounty hunter to get to someone in solitary as in GP. You can ask Jeff Epstein about that.

i find it pathetic that you seem to be arguing that cop didn't murder mr. floyd over a fake $20 bill that is still undetermined he knowingly passed it. even if he did - was his life worth that little?

People in MN are going to remember this for a VERY LONG TIME.

My guess, if Chauvin's lawyers are smart, they'll try to plead this one out, because if it goes to a jury, he's not going to need a lawyer, he's going to need a priest.

He might as well start get Arian Botherhood tats now. And he needs to start taking every steroid in Minnesota. Even that probably won’t be enough.

i find it pathetic that you seem to be arguing that cop didn't murder mr. floyd over a fake $20 bill that is still undetermined he knowingly passed it. even if he did - was his life worth that little?

I am arguing that the idea that the other poster indicated, that it would be a lot easier to whack Mr. Chauvin in GP than in solitary is bullshit. In fact its easier to cap someone's ass in solitary as there are fewer witnesses that have to be kept quiet. If Jeff Epstein had been in the block, the folks he was running with would be witnesses.

What I find interesting is that the left assumes he's going to be convicted but that is not a foregone conclusion.

Jurors, definitely white jurors, are not too inclined to convict a cop for murder while he is attempting to subdue a violent black suspect with a criminal record.

We saw it happen when those four cops were acquitted for beating Rodney King and wow everyone thought they'd be convicted for sure but they weren't.

My guess, if Chauvin's lawyers are smart, they'll try to plead this one out, because if it goes to a jury, he's not going to need a lawyer, he's going to need a priest.

What's there to "plead out " about? Any prison sentence is tantamount to the death penalty.

BTW, if they bring in a jury from International Falls or Moorhead, they might have a negative opinion about the somalis in Minneapolis and be more generous with Mr. Chauvin.

They’re going to delay as long as possible, and make the case that the trial be held somewhere else, which would be a fairly easy case to make. Although I think a judge would be scared shitless to allow that. But if he manages to get a trial out in the burbs of Minnesota...acquittal is very possible. It shouldn’t be had Ellison not overcharged. He’d need a priest for 3rd degree murder anyway because he’s looking at 40 years. Now he’s got nothing to loose going for acquittal or bust. He’s gonna take it to trial. I’m telling you.

Ellison ups charges from 3rd degree murder, (which is exactly what should be charged as well as a slam dunk case) to 2nd degree murder.

3rd Degree murder defined in Minnesota:
“Minnesota law originally defined third-degree murder solely as depraved-heart murder("without intent to effect the death of any person, caus[ing] the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life")”

2nd Degree Murder in Minnesota:
“Second-degree murder is an intentional killing, but is less serious than first-degree murder because some malicious factors aren’t present.”

Now, what made this case already difficult, and Ellison knows this full well, is that a knee on the neck is part of the police procedure for the city of St Paul. Yes it’s an absurd police procedure, but it is part of the curriculum taught of how to subdue a perp.

So Ellison is going to risk Chauvin getting off because he wants to virtue signal to the rest of the world. And if he does get off, Ellison and the left can say “see, told you the system is racist, these cops get away Scott free”. Even though the problem lies in Ellison himself overcharging.
I hope you are wrong, but I would not take Ellisons's word if he said night's dark and day's light.

They’re going to delay as long as possible, and make the case that the trial be held somewhere else, which would be a fairly easy case to make. Although I think a judge would be scared shitless to allow that. But if he manages to get a trial out in the burbs of Minnesota...acquittal is very possible. It shouldn’t be had Ellison not overcharged. He’d need a priest for 3rd degree murder anyway because he’s looking at 40 years. Now he’s got nothing to loose going for acquittal or bust. He’s gonna take it to trial. I’m telling you.

Again, it's not an overcharge, and he's going to get tried by the community. No one is going to do a Simi Valley fuckup again.

When a jury gets him, they are going to hang him no matter what bullshit he puts out there.

HE'S ON FUCKING TAPE FOR NEARLY NINE MINUTES CHOKING THIS GUY WHILE A CROWD IS SCREAMING AT HIM!

Ellison ups charges from 3rd degree murder, (which is exactly what should be charged as well as a slam dunk case) to 2nd degree murder.

3rd Degree murder defined in Minnesota:
“Minnesota law originally defined third-degree murder solely as depraved-heart murder("without intent to effect the death of any person, caus[ing] the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life")”

2nd Degree Murder in Minnesota:
“Second-degree murder is an intentional killing, but is less serious than first-degree murder because some malicious factors aren’t present.”

Now, what made this case already difficult, and Ellison knows this full well, is that a knee on the neck is part of the police procedure for the city of St Paul. Yes it’s an absurd police procedure, but it is part of the curriculum taught of how to subdue a perp.

So Ellison is going to risk Chauvin getting off because he wants to virtue signal to the rest of the world. And if he does get off, Ellison and the left can say “see, told you the system is racist, these cops get away Scott free”. Even though the problem lies in Ellison himself overcharging.
I hope you are wrong, but I would not take Ellisons's word if he said night's dark and day's light.
I hope I’m wrong too. Ellison isn’t going to take any heat if he’s acquitted and Ellison knows that. It’s going to be blamed on whitey. It’s all win win for him. He gets the love for trying 2nd degree, and he’ll go in CNN and be outraged if there’s an acquittal.

I hope I’m wrong too. Ellison isn’t going to take any heat if he’s acquitted and Ellison knows that. It’s going to be blamed on whitey. It’s all win win for him. He gets the love for trying 2nd degree, and he’ll go in CNN and be outraged if there’s an acquittal.

Then don't acquit him.

Hey, funny thing. When Jason van Dyke went on trial, he got a mostly white jury, he got to introduce all sorts of evidence such as fake animations of the incident (when we already had tape of it) and introducing the victim's juvenile record, even though the trial was FOUR YEARS after the incident, they STILL found him guilty.

Then the dickhead judge only sentenced him to seven years. Just enough to avoid a riot.

Then don't acquit him.

Hey, funny thing. When Jason van Dyke went on trial, he got a mostly white jury, he got to introduce all sorts of evidence such as fake animations of the incident (when we already had tape of it) and introducing the victim's juvenile record, even though the trial was FOUR YEARS after the incident, they STILL found him guilty.

Then the dickhead judge only sentenced him to seven years. Just enough to avoid a riot.
You have to prove intent to kill now. I’m not the one overcharging. I’m also not the one on the jury. Not a single sole was mad about 3rd degree murder. That’s a slam dunk case.

Forum List

Back