Ellen Page becomes a man

I have to wonder if, now that she is a man and still in a relationship with a woman, is she still gay? It would be interesting to hear what her response to that would be.

Gender identity and sexual orientation aren't the same thing. There's no reason one would effect the other.

Of course it's not the same thing. But the impression I get from a lot of gays and trans people is that the identity of being gay or transgender seems to be more important than actual sexual preference or orientation. The meat of the issue gets lost in the preaching and propaganda.

I think that impression is in your head.

And that any given gay, lesbian or trans person would be a far, far better source on their own gender identity and sexual orientation than your impression.

Maybe listening to them would be a better source of information.

Haven't you been paying attention? They ARE the source and I get my impression from listening to them.

Oh, I've heard what you said. I just think you've got a reliable narrator. As you're not quoting any particular gay, lesbian or transgender person. You're quoting yourself speaking *for* them.

I'd suggest letting them speak for themselves. And feel free to quote them.

I have to wonder if, now that she is a man and still in a relationship with a woman, is she still gay? It would be interesting to hear what her response to that would be.

Gender identity and sexual orientation aren't the same thing. There's no reason one would effect the other.

No one said her sexual orientation changed. I think everyone's pretty clear that she's still sexually attracted to women. The problem is that "gay" is a word with an actual definition. It means "attracted to the same sex". If she's a man, and she's attracted to women, she's not gay.

Someone should have told you that sexual orientation and the words that describe them aren't the same thing.

Of course it's not the same thing. But the impression I get from a lot of gays and trans people is that the identity of being gay or transgender seems to be more important than actual sexual preference or orientation. The meat of the issue gets lost in the preaching and propaganda.

You're not wrong. I've known a lot of gay and trans people, and never met one that didn't feel the need to whip out a label and stick it on his/her forehead, metaphorically speaking, as soon as humanely possible.

I've told the story on the message board before about a co-worker I had once. Literally no one had even considered questioning whether or not she was a woman. She said she was; she dressed like a woman; she had a basic, mid-range voice and no facial hair. She was an unattractive woman, but she would have been an unattractive man, too, so . . .

Nevertheless, about halfway through our training course - two weeks in or so - she felt the need to announce to the entire group that she had been born a man. It was really awkward. We were playing one of those icebreaker sort of games, Two Truths and a Lie. Everyone wrote down two true things and one lie about themselves on a card, and then the instructor read the card and everyone had to guess who it was. So we're all sitting there, and the instructor reads out, "I was born the opposite sex." We all just sat there, totally afraid to say a word. Everyone's eyes snapped down to their desktops because they didn't want to look at someone and have that person get offended. The dead silence just grew and grew for about five minutes, and she finally spoke up and told us all about it.

Interestingly, she was in a movie called Hard Candy, where she pretended to be underaged in order to entrap a fellow into pursuing her. She ended up tying him down, freezing his genitals, and once they were numb, acted as if she was cutting off his balls and then grinding them in the garbage disposal.

Life does imitate art, some times.

It's too bad, she's kind of cute.
I heard she/he wants a place in the Biden administration. Transgender is a resume builder with Creepy Joe.
That's what I heard anyways.

I don't doubt it, the people you associate with are bigots too.
Nothing but identity politics with you and your ilk? It sure seems so.
Not who's the best person for the job, but just what identity does that person represent.
idiot

Wow, how out of touch you are. The only "identity politics" of late were those in Trump's Swamp. Consider everyone hired kissed his fat ass (yes men, yes women) and if they criticized anything he said or did ended up on the street with a pink slip, sent by a tweet.

I fear you've contracted a terminal case of TDS...

Gee, how original ^^^. An Idiot-Gram, variety vapid, that is offering nothing that is stimulating or challenging.
And you trolling AGAIN, nothing changes.

Why does Hollyweird always have to have press, why not just do it and keep it personal?

Maybe you ought to consider how brave it took, knowing how bigots will act, as is easily seen by the OP and the circle jerk in response. Callous disregard by those who lack empathy, aka, those who manifest an antisocial personality disorder.
It's a mental disorder....that's what it is. Call it brave, go ahead. But, at the end of the day, it's a mental disorder.

No, it's terribly brave for her to say something that will be disagreed with by people she never listens to or associates with. What courage!

How in the world is that courageous?

I heard she/he wants a place in the Biden administration. Transgender is a resume builder with Creepy Joe.

Not who's the best person for the job, but just what identity does that person represent.
idiot

Wow, how out of touch you are. The only "identity politics" of late were those in Trump's Swamp. Consider everyone hired kissed his fat ass (yes men, yes women) and if they criticized anything he said or did ended up on the street with a pink slip, sent by a tweet.

Gee, how original ^^^. An Idiot-Gram, variety vapid, that is offering nothing that is stimulating or challenging.

Why does Hollyweird always have to have press, why not just do it and keep it personal?

Maybe you ought to consider how brave it took, knowing how bigots will act, as is easily seen by the OP and the circle jerk in response. Callous disregard by those who lack empathy, aka, those who manifest an antisocial personality disorder.
It's a mental disorder....that's what it is. Call it brave, go ahead. But, at the end of the day, it's a mental disorder.

No, it's terribly brave for her to say something that will be disagreed with by people she never listens to or associates with. What courage!

It's not. I was being sarcastic. If I had an emoji for my post absolutely dripping sarcasm into a puddle on the floor around it, I would have used it.

idiot

It's not. I was being sarcastic. If I had an emoji for my post absolutely dripping sarcasm into a puddle on the floor around it, I would have used it.

LOL!! Roger that.

I blame it on only one cup of coffee so far this morning...

The mental disorder of woke leftism claims another one. Probably end up a suicide. Sad.. very sad.

Keep your kids away from woke leftists for goodness sake.
True. These are sick individuals. Why not claim one is a Werewolf? Self mutilation is a REAL mental disorder. Could be cured through Psychiatric help and CORRECT hormone therapy. In reality ,there is NO SUCH THING.

idiot

LOL!! Roger that.

I blame it on only one cup of coffee so far this morning...

No problem. I'm told my sarcasm is too deadpan to catch sometimes even in person. Text is much worse.

Only one cup of coffee? Is your coffeepot broken?

The mental disorder of woke leftism claims another one. Probably end up a suicide. Sad.. very sad.

True. These are sick individuals. Why not claim one is a Werewolf? Self mutilation is a REAL mental disorder. Could be cured through Psychiatric help and CORRECT hormone therapy. In reality ,there is NO SUCH THING.

I know a guy who actually, literally thinks he's a demon. No joke. He's got a backstory on it and everything. He got surgery - also no joke - to have a pair of horns implanted into his forehead. If they could figure out a way to attach a tail, he'd have that, too.

Weirdest part about it is that the guy looks like a chubby version of Woody Allen.

idiot

Only your bigotry exceeds your ignorance:

He's much manlier than any Trump cultist now.

But, that was true even before the transition.

Heck, any 3-year-old girl is much manlier than a Trump cultist.

A woman stating that she is a man, does not magically become a man.

That you people are the ones that accuse us of being anti-SCIENCE is hilarious.

idiot

You should smarten up, as the comment I replied to was sarcasm.

I see nothing courageous about someone saying they're transgender. In fact, I see such a person as an attention whore more than anything else...

i once told a friend of mine that I was henceforth identifying as him. THen I told him to talk to our job as to why they were not giving me benefits and talk to his wife about why she had been so cold to me/us.

Of course, I was not serious. Because I am not insane, nor an asshole who wants to pressure people into playing along with my games of pretend.

I know a guy who actually, literally thinks he's a demon. No joke. He's got a backstory on it and everything. He got surgery - also no joke - to have a pair of horns implanted into his forehead. If they could figure out a way to attach a tail, he'd have that, too.

Weirdest part about it is that the guy looks like a chubby version of Woody Allen.
Maybe the Dems can make a LAW not to discriminate against Werewolves ,Vampires ,and Demons.

Maybe the Dems can make a LAW not to discriminate against Werewolves ,Vampires ,and Demons.

They can pass all the laws they want, and it won't stop me from flinching every time I look at him.

idiot

You should smarten up, as the comment I replied to was sarcasm.

I see nothing courageous about someone saying they're transgender. In fact, I see such a person as an attention whore more than anything else...

Bullshit. Your question is not sarcastic; and, you provided proof in the second paragraph.

Forum List

Back