What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ellen gives scholarship and prom to girls affected by bible thumping bigotry

blu

Reaction score
Ellen Arranges $30,000 Scholarship for Gay Teen in Small-Town Prom Flap - E! Online

Two things we know about Ellen DeGeneres: She's gay and she loves to dance.

So when she heard about Mississippi teen Constance McMillen, whose senior prom was canceled after she caused a stir by planning to wear a tux and go with another girl, DeGeneres took action.

During an appearance on Ellen Friday, McMillen was presented with a $30,000 scholarship from Tonic.com, which also offered the 18-year-old an internship this summer.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

why does bigotry always seem to backfire?

Darkwind

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't know how you come to that conclusion.

If I have a moral belief and stand upon the belief, regardless of who likes it or not, or what they do, it has not backfired on Me.

Nice to know that Hollywood will reward poor thinking however. Chances are that both of these two will wash out of any college. They have poor and limited critical thinking skills.

Misty

Gold Member
Reaction score
216cbf9b.jpg

Sarah G

When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left
Reaction score
Ellen Arranges $30,000 Scholarship for Gay Teen in Small-Town Prom Flap - E! Online

So when she heard about Mississippi teen Constance McMillen, whose senior prom was canceled after she caused a stir by planning to wear a tux and go with another girl, DeGeneres took action.

During an appearance on Ellen Friday, McMillen was presented with a $30,000 scholarship from Tonic.com, which also offered the 18-year-old an internship this summer.

That's nice. Too bad the kids didn't get the chance to go to their proms but the scholarship is fantastic!

random3434

Reaction score

If I have a moral belief and stand upon the belief, regardless of who likes it or not, or what they do, it has not backfired on Me.

Nice to know that Hollywood will reward poor thinking however. Chances are that both of these two will wash out of any college. They have poor and limited critical thinking skills.

:rofl: :rofl:

Are you their parent or their teacher to make this conclusion about them?

You can tell what their future holds? :lol:

Classic!

• Thanks
Reactions: blu

bodecea

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Excellent! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

• Thanks
Reactions: blu

bodecea

Diamond Member
Reaction score
She should got to GW in Washington. I hear they have an excellent Poly Sci dept.

Samson

Póg Mo Thóin
Reaction score

Where's the backfire?

Do you really believe anyone in Itabawa County is knashing their teeth because they're thinking:

"OMG! If we had only allowed the Rug Muncher to go to the prom, then she wouldn't be getting a $30,000 scholorship from Tonic.com?"

Ridiculous.

They'll be tickled pink to see her depart to New York where her deviant behaviour will no doubt be embrased by some Bull Dyke with a Crew Cut.

Last edited:

Toome

Reaction score
The good thing is that Ellen is free to do whatever she wishes with her money. That, to me, is the essence of the American spirit. As for how she wishes to spend it, I think the bigger issue here is that Ellen has used it to further the education of a person rather than the fact that this person is gay. Again, it's Ellen's choice how she spends her money and who she spends it on.

As for bible-thumping, I think there's more to it than that. Ignorance stems from many different sources. Blaming it solely on religion is pretty narrow-minded and stupid.

Luissa

Annoying Customer
Reaction score

Where's the backfire?

Do you really believe anyone in Itabawa County is knashing their teeth because they're thinking:

"OMG! If we had only allowed the Rug Muncher to go to the prom, then she wouldn't be getting a $30,000 scholorship from Tonic.com?"

Ridiculous.

They'll be tickled pink to see her depart to New York where her deviant behaviour will no doubt be embrased by some Bull Dyke with a Crew Cut.

While the others still ALSO cannot go to prom, because some stupid people decided they can tell someone who they can go to prom with.

Samson

Póg Mo Thóin
Reaction score

Where's the backfire?

Ridiculous.

While the others still ALSO cannot go to prom, because some stupid people decided they can tell someone who they can go to prom with.

Who cannot go to the prom?

The prom will simply be a private party, rather than one sponsored by the district.

William Joyce

Chemotherapy for PC
Reaction score
I love how all these "teens" decide they're gay, mostly girls. Real sincere stuff right there. No, wait, just kids trying to ape the version of what's "cool" as presented by our masters.

Samson

Póg Mo Thóin
Reaction score
I love how all these "teens" decide they're gay, mostly girls. Real sincere stuff right there. No, wait, just kids trying to ape the version of what's "cool" as presented by our masters.

Would you pretend to be gay for $30,000?

Zona

A guy in ariZONA
Reaction score

Whats up with that town and those people. Whats next, women being able to vote or worse, blacks being able to eat, work or marry who they want?

What fucking year is it there?

Luissa

Annoying Customer
Reaction score
Where's the backfire?

Ridiculous.

Who cannot go to the prom?

The prom will simply be a private party, rather than one sponsored by the district.

Most proms are not paid for by the school anyways. ;)
And what lesson are they telling their children? That it is alright to exclude someone who worked hard for four years from going to their prom because they don't agree with the way they live their life? What a great lesson.

Zona

A guy in ariZONA
Reaction score

How do you come to this? Seriously, how?

random3434

Reaction score

Would you pretend to be gay for $30,000?

He would if it was a white man only.

You nailed these girls Samson! They KNEW before all this hullabaloo happened that the end result would be that they would get a $30,000 scholarship to college!

How clever of them! :clap2:

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List