ellen gives scholarship and prom to girls affected by bible thumping bigotry

blu

Sep 21, 2009
Ellen Arranges $30,000 Scholarship for Gay Teen in Small-Town Prom Flap - E! Online

Two things we know about Ellen DeGeneres: She's gay and she loves to dance.

So when she heard about Mississippi teen Constance McMillen, whose senior prom was canceled after she caused a stir by planning to wear a tux and go with another girl, DeGeneres took action.

During an appearance on Ellen Friday, McMillen was presented with a $30,000 scholarship from Tonic.com, which also offered the 18-year-old an internship this summer.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

why does bigotry always seem to backfire?

I don't know how you come to that conclusion.

If I have a moral belief and stand upon the belief, regardless of who likes it or not, or what they do, it has not backfired on Me.

Nice to know that Hollywood will reward poor thinking however. Chances are that both of these two will wash out of any college. They have poor and limited critical thinking skills.

216cbf9b.jpg

Ellen Arranges $30,000 Scholarship for Gay Teen in Small-Town Prom Flap - E! Online

So when she heard about Mississippi teen Constance McMillen, whose senior prom was canceled after she caused a stir by planning to wear a tux and go with another girl, DeGeneres took action.

During an appearance on Ellen Friday, McMillen was presented with a $30,000 scholarship from Tonic.com, which also offered the 18-year-old an internship this summer.

That's nice. Too bad the kids didn't get the chance to go to their proms but the scholarship is fantastic!

If I have a moral belief and stand upon the belief, regardless of who likes it or not, or what they do, it has not backfired on Me.

Nice to know that Hollywood will reward poor thinking however. Chances are that both of these two will wash out of any college. They have poor and limited critical thinking skills.

:rofl: :rofl:

Are you their parent or their teacher to make this conclusion about them?

You can tell what their future holds? :lol:

Classic!

• Thanks
Reactions: blu

Excellent! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

• Thanks
Reactions: blu

Where's the backfire?

Do you really believe anyone in Itabawa County is knashing their teeth because they're thinking:

"OMG! If we had only allowed the Rug Muncher to go to the prom, then she wouldn't be getting a $30,000 scholorship from Tonic.com?"

Ridiculous.

They'll be tickled pink to see her depart to New York where her deviant behaviour will no doubt be embrased by some Bull Dyke with a Crew Cut.

Last edited:
The good thing is that Ellen is free to do whatever she wishes with her money. That, to me, is the essence of the American spirit. As for how she wishes to spend it, I think the bigger issue here is that Ellen has used it to further the education of a person rather than the fact that this person is gay. Again, it's Ellen's choice how she spends her money and who she spends it on.

As for bible-thumping, I think there's more to it than that. Ignorance stems from many different sources. Blaming it solely on religion is pretty narrow-minded and stupid.

Where's the backfire?

Do you really believe anyone in Itabawa County is knashing their teeth because they're thinking:

"OMG! If we had only allowed the Rug Muncher to go to the prom, then she wouldn't be getting a $30,000 scholorship from Tonic.com?"

Ridiculous.

They'll be tickled pink to see her depart to New York where her deviant behaviour will no doubt be embrased by some Bull Dyke with a Crew Cut.

While the others still ALSO cannot go to prom, because some stupid people decided they can tell someone who they can go to prom with.

Where's the backfire?

Ridiculous.

While the others still ALSO cannot go to prom, because some stupid people decided they can tell someone who they can go to prom with.

Who cannot go to the prom?

The prom will simply be a private party, rather than one sponsored by the district.

I love how all these "teens" decide they're gay, mostly girls. Real sincere stuff right there. No, wait, just kids trying to ape the version of what's "cool" as presented by our masters.

Whats up with that town and those people. Whats next, women being able to vote or worse, blacks being able to eat, work or marry who they want?

What fucking year is it there?

Where's the backfire?

Ridiculous.

Who cannot go to the prom?

The prom will simply be a private party, rather than one sponsored by the district.

Most proms are not paid for by the school anyways. ;)
And what lesson are they telling their children? That it is alright to exclude someone who worked hard for four years from going to their prom because they don't agree with the way they live their life? What a great lesson.

How do you come to this? Seriously, how?

I love how all these "teens" decide they're gay, mostly girls. Real sincere stuff right there. No, wait, just kids trying to ape the version of what's "cool" as presented by our masters.

Would you pretend to be gay for $30,000?

He would if it was a white man only.

You nailed these girls Samson! They KNEW before all this hullabaloo happened that the end result would be that they would get a $30,000 scholarship to college!

How clever of them! :clap2:

Forum List

Back