Electric Vehicles are the biggest lie on the planet?

The methods used to extract the lithium ores out of the earth are extremely toxic to the environment and ecological systems. Travel to south america or africa and look at the devastation. It's exponentially worse than conventional extraction of hydrocarbons.

What needs to happen is, hook up all the nation's treadmills, stationary bikes, and Stairmasters, to generate electricity to charge EV's. Then package all the hot air and bullshit coming out of Washington to increase the growing seasons in the northern states.

But seriously, folks, some farsighted President needs to close down the NRC and start a whole new agency that will quickly and dispassionately develop a small pamphlet of safety rules and regulations for nuclear power plants, so we can build the fucking things at a reasonable cost and move forward. Between the Greenies and the Deep State, there are simply too many obstacles to doing what needs to happen with nuclear (pronounced "Nuke-you-ler") power.

Did you know that the Navy's nuclear power training program takes nearly a year to complete?

EVs only help the climate if the electricity to run them is also made cleanly, such as by renewables or nuclear. If coal fired powerplants make the electricity there is no climate benefit.

The OP is correct that we need to generate more clean electricity if we plan to switch to EVs.

I have. I bought a full electric Chevy Bolt and power it on my home solar PV unit. I haven't paid for gas for 3 years now and I have only had to pay maybe two electricity bills in 5 years. It can work and it can be pretty good.

If the solar industry succeeds in only providing electric cars, there will be a pandemic of migrating birds species of the world on extinction lists.

With all that heat going up to the stratosphere, global warming now will seem like a breath of fresh air when the layers above return the heat we do not even wish to contemplate.

And to get enough electricity to homes, hotels, and recharging stations, you will need to double the amount of fossil fuels to supply electric companies. Nuclear power plants invite a country's enemies to destroy all the people in that country and its neighbors. If they're all as batshit crazy as Vladimir Putin, this world is a fireball and will result in become the next Mars, shrinking into lifeless, suncircling oblivion.

Bless the beasts and the children.

Forum List

Back