Electric Vehicle sales are sucking!!!

Electric vehicle sales are running out of gas - LA Times

Said a few years back that nobody would care about EV's. As usual, I'm right!!

Americans dont want these stoopid cars......and the sales numbers cearly show it!!

:boobies::fu:

As always, the AGW k00ks will say, "Well......wait until tomorrow......". Thats always their gay fallback on stuff like this but it never pans out!!! The myths MUST be perpetuated.

Bottom line?

Electric vehicles are a joke.
Tesla seems to be selling electric vehicles just fine...

Electric vehicle sales are running out of gas - LA Times

Said a few years back that nobody would care about EV's. As usual, I'm right!!

Americans dont want these stoopid cars......and the sales numbers cearly show it!!

:boobies::fu:

As always, the AGW k00ks will say, "Well......wait until tomorrow......". Thats always their gay fallback on stuff like this but it never pans out!!! The myths MUST be perpetuated.

Bottom line?

Electric vehicles are a joke.

I beg to differ....I would much rather drive an electric cart on the golf course rather than one of the gas powered ones.
Me too...with a mini keg...

First Six Months of 2014 U.S. EV Sales Show 33 Year-Over-Year Gain - Forbes

Recent sales numbers from insideevs.com indicate that U.S. EV sales continue to grow steadily. For the first half of 2014, over 54,000 vehicles moved (quietly) off the lot, compared with almost 41,000 for the first six months of 2013. While the winter and early spring remained relatively calm, sales soared in May and June, and showed over a 50% gain (almost 24,000 vs. under 16,000) over last year.

Last year, just under 60% of the sales occurred during the last six months, so it will be interesting to see how things pan out for the remainder of this year.

The leading contender is the Nissan Leaf, with over 12,700 vehicles to date, followed by the Toyota Prius at 9,300 and the Chevy Volt at 8,600. The Tesla Model S trails closely behind at 7,400 (the second quarter numbers are estimates). The most interesting trends for the first six months are the strength of the Leaf, which has taken pole position from the Volt, and the slowdown in Tesla Model S sales. The latter has seen sales (remember, the Q2 sales numbers are estimates) decline from 10,050 in the first two quarters of last year to 7,400 this year.

Hmmmmmmm.......... 33% for the first six months. Compounded growth rates like that get big real fast. And Elon Musk is stating that he expects to produce 500,000 ev's in 2020.

I have to give credit where it is due........those who embrace electric vehicles and the hopes for their future do indeed possess a great deal of resiliency!!!

They get all energized when they see growth rates of electric vehicles!!! Unfortunately, when they are compared to gasoline powered vehicles, the reality is very sobering indeed!!!

[URL=http://s42.photobucket.com/user/baldaltima/media/2014-sales-chart-apr-v1.png.html][/URL]

Take the math out after looking at this table above.

Now consider.......in America, well over 1 million trucks alone are sold each year!!! :up: So this is not even counting gasoline powered passenger cars.:ack-1:

Electric vehicles are a joke when it comes right down to it........a fringe market that most consumers have zero interest in.........obviously!!!:bye1:

still sucking.............if anybody missed it, go back a few posts and check post #328..........pretty damn amusing to see if you first read the portrayal of EV's by the AGW knuckleheads..........youd think everybody was out shopping for an EV this weekend!!!:up:

more nut sack kicks on EV's............

In cold weather, the range of an EV drops dramatically!!!

Electric vs. Gasoline Showdown Vehicle Range in Cold Weather FleetCarma

Like I said...............sucking.:2up:

No surprise there.. Batteries always reduce efficiency in cold.. At -20 degrees lead acid and most deep cell batteries loose 40-60% of their cranking amps and deplete in 40% of the total discharge time. One area they have gained little on with all the advances.

Given your lack of mental abilities, I can readily understand that it would never occur to you that you can use the power in the batteries to keep said batteries at an ideal operating temperature.

But with all the talk of batteries.........the most important ? to be answered is........at what cost?

Or else, there can be no conversation.

All the talk about solar, wind, better batteries etc are great......technological innovation is what defines America. Thing is......it always comes down to...........how much is it going to cost. If the cost margin is even $0.25 over what can be used at a lesser cost, its not going to be used.......its that simple. Been to the store lately to pick up a box of Cheese-Its? Size of the coffee cups down at the local 7-11? See 'em lately? Business is business........if its even a few cents/day, business and especially industry isn't going to use it unless it makes fiscal sense.

Right now and evidently into the distant future.........its not even close.

Somehow........ Mamooth missed a few basic memo's along the way.

Denier cult idiocy!

...This same success story is being repeated with electric cars. Prices are falling rapidly. GM and Nissan have reduced their prices by at least $5,000 from their first models, spurring record sales. This year, sales nationally are expected to increase five fold since the electric car debuted in 2011.

(source)

Denier cult idiocy!

...This same success story is being repeated with electric cars. Prices are falling rapidly. GM and Nissan have reduced their prices by at least $5,000 from their first models, spurring record sales. This year, sales nationally are expected to increase five fold since the electric car debuted in 2011.

(source)
gag me with a spoon!!!!! :smoke:

Forum List

Back