Electric vehicle companies have a serious quality problem

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
A while back I was ready to buy a Tesla, but then I started reading about quality issues with them, so I decided to buy an Audi with a 2.0 four banger that gets 25-30 MPG.
Eventually I'll add an EV to my stable, but not right now.

The chip shortage and supply chain crisis are doing more than just driving up vehicle prices — they’re also affecting quality.

JD Power published its Initial Quality Study for 2022 model-year cars this week, in which it found that new vehicle quality has declined 11 percent year over year, the steepest drop ever recorded by the group.

Electric vehicle manufacturers in particular are showing big drops in quality, with Polestar ranking dead last. Tesla, meanwhile, ranks seventh from the bottom, continuing its trend of shoddy manufacturing.

Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are difficult to understand
In this year’s survey, JD Power recorded 226 problems per 100 Tesla vehicles. Combining all non-Tesla EVs, the survey says that 240 problems were reported per 100 EVs, a slight drop from 251 last year as more EV models hit the road.

I do some driving for a local car dealer. We go to auctions and elsewhere and pick up vehicles the dealer has bought. At the Detroit Manheim auction there are hundreds and hundreds Bronco's and trucks sitting over a lack of chips. Brand new cars just sitting there.

This does not just affect electric vehicles. Have you looked at new car lots?

1656596926945.png

1656596950708.png

1656596980373.png

I'd say so!

I do some driving for a local car dealer. We go to auctions and elsewhere and pick up vehicles the dealer has bought. At the Detroit Manheim auction there are hundreds and hundreds Bronco's and trucks sitting over a lack of chips. Brand new cars just sitting there.

This does not just affect electric vehicles. Have you looked at new car lots?

I don't know why these small American electronics manufacturers cannot take up the lag on making chips for vehicles. They should all be made INSIDE the USA anyway.

The Chevy dealer down the street from me has about 20 new vehicles on the lot.
They used to have like 2500. It looks like they've gone out of business.

once you produce a perfect gasoline or diesel car you let me know.

Nobody said anything about perfect.
But there is no quality checks anymore on anything made outside of the USA.
And even the few companies still operating production inside the USA have shitty quality inspectors.
Nobody gives a shit about anything, they just want a paycheck.

When it comes to something like vehicles, houses, and food production..........there should be SEVERAL quality checks all the way down the line, including a quality check before they are shipped out. That hasn't been protocol anymore since the early 90's.

I don't know why these small American electronics manufacturers cannot take up the lag on making chips for vehicles. They should all be made INSIDE the USA anyway.

Of course they should. They should have years ago. That would mean paying someone a decent wage though and that is blasphemy to the "share holders'.

Of course they should. They should have years ago. That would mean paying someone a decent wage though and that is blasphemy to the "share holders'.
The issue is also that there are people paid the same who do varying degrees of quality work along with any taking off for any reason adn using injuries for the same and even going for disabilities. This has gotten worse since the PC, diversity, quotas and the such arrived many decades ago. And equality officially became equity.

The issue is also that there are people paid the same who do varying degrees of quality work along with any taking off for any reason adn using injuries for the same and even going for disabilities. This has gotten worse since the PC, diversity, quotas and the such arrived many decades ago. And equality officially became equity.

I have never worked at any place where a person can simply take off for no reason. I know of no such place.

A while back I was ready to buy a Tesla, but then I started reading about quality issues with them, so I decided to buy an Audi with a 2.0 four banger that gets 25-30 MPG.
Eventually I'll add an EV to my stable, but not right now.

The chip shortage and supply chain crisis are doing more than just driving up vehicle prices — they’re also affecting quality.

We have been asleep at the wheel. We have allowed manufacturers to move over seas and allowed other countries to control precious metals. As we speak the Chinese are mining gold in South America. Right on our back door step.

I've been watching the Tesla videos on Youtube for a few weeks now.

Although the cabin cages or cabin frames seem sturdy enough.........it still does not tell me WHY the rest of these heinously over-price doll cars fall apart SO easily!!

This is the YT video series I've been watching...............
I've had to watch several of them to see how CHEAP Teslas really are built.........and how INSANELY EXPENSIVE they are to repair, even for a paint scratch!!!
If you are interested, watch about 5 of these videos from this YT channel, and you will see what I'm talking about.

I've also noticed that Teslas DO NOT HAVE SECURITY GLASS in them! They are made with CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEEEEEAP glass that criminals can break with their hands or elbows!!!

These are vehicles that are being sold for around $120,000 each!! Base price is about $70,000......but most are being sold between $120,000 and $150,000.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back