Electric cars are far cleaner than gas powered cars, we need incentives

Should congress pass laws incentivising buying electric cars over gas powered cars?

• yes, it makes environmental and economic sense, cars can charge at night balancing electric usage

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • no, keep the government out of the car business

Votes: 24 77.4%

• Total voters
Why all the bitching and moaning? Our wonderful government has already decided this issue. They are FORCING Americans into electric cars. Uncle knows best.

The Coming Cash For Not-Clunkers

Within the next couple of years, almost every car company will be building – and trying to sell – electric cars.

It won’t be just Tesla’s cars – which cars Tesla is already having trouble trying to sell. Chiefly, because there is a built-in limit to the number of $35,000 and up cars you can sell – regardless of the number you build.

Imagine a real estate developer who only built $350,000 houses – heedless of the ability of people in the area to buy them. The homes are “nice” – they have triple-paned casement windows and granite countertops and three bathrooms. But no one comes.

The Coming Cash For Not-Clunkers - EPautos - Libertarian Car Talk

Why all the bitching and moaning? Our wonderful government has already decided this issue. They are FORCING Americans into electric cars. Uncle knows best.

The Coming Cash For Not-Clunkers

Within the next couple of years, almost every car company will be building – and trying to sell – electric cars.

It won’t be just Tesla’s cars – which cars Tesla is already having trouble trying to sell. Chiefly, because there is a built-in limit to the number of $35,000 and up cars you can sell – regardless of the number you build.

Imagine a real estate developer who only built $350,000 houses – heedless of the ability of people in the area to buy them. The homes are “nice” – they have triple-paned casement windows and granite countertops and three bathrooms. But no one comes.

The Coming Cash For Not-Clunkers - EPautos - Libertarian Car Talk

Libertarian conspiracy theories

The Volt is the only one I ever drove and it was SILENT at freeway speed....no engine sound, no wind, no nothing...if you want solitude on the road, that's the way to go. Then you turn on that Bose sound system and blow out your eardrums.....I was very impressed with it other than the price and e-range but that was 9 years ago and have no idea what that class of vehicles are like now.
Many EVs have ranges of 200 miles now
Which is great if you don't travel far. There are charging stations if you plan your trip correctly but charging takes hours turning a one day trip into a week long exercise.

MOst people drive less than 50 miles a day.

The average household has more than 2 cars. 35% have 3 cars.

So what's the big deal if your daily driver is electric and you have another for long trips?

Shit you could own an electric and rent a nice car for long trips and it would still be cheaper to run than a gas powered car
You have an extra 80 grand

Moron
Idiot

You can buy and electric car for less than 25 grand
I always thought Cremation was a nice way to go. Now you can drive to your own funeral for as low as $25 Grand.

I don’t think you’ll catch me in that thing.

But I do love American Muscle Cars.

Takes 12 hours to charge and gives you about 50 miles max on electric, then it’s back to gasoline.
it was in response to the idiots claim you need a 100 amp circuit,,,
Sorry I am not waiting for 12 hours. I’m jumping on my Harley which gets 40 miles a gallon and will blow the doors off of that piece of shit.
do what you want,,,no business of mine,,,

I will get in my 68 ford with the 390 and run your ass down if you get in my way with your little popcycle,,,LOL
So do I

And I have never said anything about getting rid of all internal combustion engines'
All I have ever said was that EVs have a use in transportation.

I don't know why people can't agree that fewer cars running on gasoline will improve air quality especially in areas that are subject to high volumes of traffic
You realize though that EVs actually use more Carbon, and do more damage to the environment in their manufacture than do a combustion engine vehicle, correct?

Takes 12 hours to charge and gives you about 50 miles max on electric, then it’s back to gasoline.

The power grid was not designed to charge 300 million cars at night.

As opposed to 900 million cell phones and tablets? I'm not sure power grid capacity is going to be an effective argument here. There is far less power consumption going on overnight than the rest of the day.

Oh God didn't anyone take a basic Electrical class here?

Most homes have 100amp or 200 amp service, a fucking cell phone or tablet pulls less then 1 amp... Your clothes dryer , a telsa and a Chevy volt will max it out over 100 amps and you would need a 200amp service upgrade between $15,000 and $30,000.

The Complete Guide to Charging the Chevy Volt | ChargePoint

Nissan, Chevy, Volkswagen, Ford and Hyundai, all make EVs that get over 100 miles per charge and since most people drive less than 50 miles a day you won't need a full charge every day.

Just don't take a trip in them.

Sorry I am not waiting for 12 hours. I’m jumping on my Harley which gets 40 miles a gallon and will blow the doors off of that piece of shit.

I will get in my 68 ford with the 390 and run your ass down if you get in my way with your little popcycle,,,LOL
So do I

And I have never said anything about getting rid of all internal combustion engines'

I don't know why people can't agree that fewer cars running on gasoline will improve air quality especially in areas that are subject to high volumes of traffic
You realize though that EVs actually use more Carbon, and do more damage to the environment in their manufacture than do a combustion engine vehicle, correct?
I bet you cant prove that,,,

So do I

So you ignored all the data in the thread and want it all repeated again?

Do you do any research on any topics at all?

Electric cars 'pose green threat'

"The production phase of electric vehicles proved substantially more environmentally intensive," the report said, comparing it to how petrol and diesel cars are made.

"The global warming potential from electric vehicle production is about twice that of conventional vehicles."

In addition, producing batteries and electric motors requires a lot of toxic minerals such as nickel, copper and aluminium.

Hence, the acidification impact is much greater than that of conventional car production.

"Across the other impacts considered in the analysis including potential for effects related to acid rain, airborne particulate matter, smog, human toxicity, ecosystem toxicity and depletion of fossil fuel and mineral resources, electric vehicles consistently perform worse or on par with modern internal combustion engine vehicles, despite virtually zero direct emissions during operation," according to Prof Stromman.

'Counterproductive' efforts

With electric car production being so damaging to the environment, these cars have already polluted a great deal by the time they hit the road, the report says.

As opposed to 900 million cell phones and tablets? I'm not sure power grid capacity is going to be an effective argument here. There is far less power consumption going on overnight than the rest of the day.

Most homes have 100amp or 200 amp service, a fucking cell phone or tablet pulls less then 1 amp... Your clothes dryer , a telsa and a Chevy volt will max it out over 100 amps and you would need a 200amp service upgrade between $15,000 and $30,000.

I have 200 amp and can run anything, but most homes are 100 amp and those people are screwed if we are ever forced to submit to The New Green Jihad.
It's not renewable if you are mining the elements and metals like I have shown here. And the Electricity produced to charge these vehicles has to come from Hydrocarbons. No way could we rely on something as undependable as solar or wind.

The entire world will starve or freeze to death if you eliminate hydrocarbons.

We could go 100% nuclear.

This is a bullshit argument. Ummm the downsides of this bad stuff utilized once in building a vehicle vs bad stuff generated every mile they drive,......
Add to that the toxic waste dump that are rare earth metal mines

And we have enough nuclear material sitting around to power the entire country for a couple centuries or more
Kind of funny to bemoan the toxic wastes generated by mining while promoting nuclear power plants which generate some of the most toxic and radioactive substances known to man.
There Is No Such Thing as Nuclear Waste
OK, its nuclear shit no one has found a use for yet but might someday.

Just like we can use most of the stuff taken to landfills to burn & make electricity, therefore there is no garbage?

The Complete Guide to Charging the Chevy Volt | ChargePoint

Quit being obtuse faggot when you know your God damn wrong .

I said volt , telsa and clothes dryer...it's God damn basic electricity..once again let us guess your a fucking child
And never

Heard of black outs when everyone has their A/C on ?

And once again houses in the US have a 100amp or 200 amp service and that's not even taken into consideration the out dated power grid that can't even handle a EMP strike.

If an EMP knocked out electric, gasoline stations couldn't pump your gasoline.

I said volt , telsa and clothes dryer...it's God damn basic electricity..once again let us guess your a fucking child
And never

And once again houses in the US have a 100amp or 200 amp service and that's not even taken into consideration the out dated power grid that can't even handle a EMP strike.

And the electronics on your electric car would also be completely shot as they are particularly sensitive to an EMP.

An Old Clunker though would still be running while belching smoke, and passing faggy Prius owners stuck on the side of the road.

I'd especially enjoy blasting some people with a blast of black diesel smoke.

So do I

So you ignored all the data in the thread and want it all repeated again?

Do you do any research on any topics at all?

Electric cars 'pose green threat'

"The production phase of electric vehicles proved substantially more environmentally intensive," the report said, comparing it to how petrol and diesel cars are made.

"The global warming potential from electric vehicle production is about twice that of conventional vehicles."

In addition, producing batteries and electric motors requires a lot of toxic minerals such as nickel, copper and aluminium.

Hence, the acidification impact is much greater than that of conventional car production.

"Across the other impacts considered in the analysis including potential for effects related to acid rain, airborne particulate matter, smog, human toxicity, ecosystem toxicity and depletion of fossil fuel and mineral resources, electric vehicles consistently perform worse or on par with modern internal combustion engine vehicles, despite virtually zero direct emissions during operation," according to Prof Stromman.

'Counterproductive' efforts

With electric car production being so damaging to the environment, these cars have already polluted a great deal by the time they hit the road, the report says.

thats a nice opinion piece,,,to bad it didnt have those fancy color charts and graphs to show the details of how it is worse,,,not to mention all the factors left out

And never

And the electronics on your electric car would also be completely shot as they are particularly sensitive to an EMP.

An Old Clunker though would still be running while belching smoke, and passing faggy Prius owners stuck on the side of the road.

I'd especially enjoy blasting some people with a blast of black diesel smoke.
So you are one of those assfiucks with their jacked up 4x4s, Confederate flag across the back window who is actually dumb enough to think its being a tough guy to rev their engines & spew black smoke.

Many EVs have ranges of 200 miles now
Which is great if you don't travel far. There are charging stations if you plan your trip correctly but charging takes hours turning a one day trip into a week long exercise.

MOst people drive less than 50 miles a day.

The average household has more than 2 cars. 35% have 3 cars.

So what's the big deal if your daily driver is electric and you have another for long trips?

Shit you could own an electric and rent a nice car for long trips and it would still be cheaper to run than a gas powered car
You have an extra 80 grand

Moron
Idiot

You can buy and electric car for less than 25 grand
I always thought Cremation was a nice way to go. Now you can drive to your own funeral for as low as $25 Grand.

Yes, Virginia, there is such a thing as too stupid to be alive

I have 200 amp and can run anything, but most homes are 100 amp and those people are screwed if we are ever forced to submit to The New Green Jihad.
We could go 100% nuclear.

This is a bullshit argument. Ummm the downsides of this bad stuff utilized once in building a vehicle vs bad stuff generated every mile they drive,......
Add to that the toxic waste dump that are rare earth metal mines

And we have enough nuclear material sitting around to power the entire country for a couple centuries or more
Kind of funny to bemoan the toxic wastes generated by mining while promoting nuclear power plants which generate some of the most toxic and radioactive substances known to man.
There Is No Such Thing as Nuclear Waste
OK, its nuclear shit no one has found a use for yet but might someday.

Just like we can use most of the stuff taken to landfills to burn & make electricity, therefore there is no garbage?
You didn't read the article did you?

over 90% of what we call waste is nothing but naturally occurring uranium
And FYI there are reactors that can use what we call waste from the old light water reactors therefore none of that is waste but rather is fuel for other reactors.

And never

And your car that depends on a computer chip wouldn't run either.

And who has an EMP that can be deployed against anyone right now?

You're reading too many apocalyptic sci fi novels

And never

Old Cars do not have Computers in them.

And never

No shit Sherlock

I happen to have a 1970 Nova SS 396 in the garage so when the never gonna happen EMP strike occurs I'll still be driving

And never

cars started having chips in them in the early 80s,,,so soorry old cars do have chips,,,,

And never

No shit Sherlock

I happen to have a 1970 Nova SS 396 in the garage so when the never gonna happen EMP strike occurs I'll still be driving

does that have points or electronic ignition???

And never

No shit Sherlock

Just make sure it's not running.

The fuck head doesn't even know it's just like a 10 billion dollars plus to upgrade our Electrical grid to protect from a solar flare/or man made EMP

How Much Will It Cost to Protect America's Electrical Grid? Who Will Pay?

Forum List

Back