Electric cars are far cleaner than gas powered cars, we need incentives

Should congress pass laws incentivising buying electric cars over gas powered cars?

• yes, it makes environmental and economic sense, cars can charge at night balancing electric usage

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • no, keep the government out of the car business

Votes: 24 77.4%

• Total voters
Nothing. I’d probably love that car.

Bikes have an advantage due to horsepower to weight ratio is all I was saying.

I don’t think you’ll catch me in that thing.

But I do love America. Muscle Cars.

it was in response to the idiots claim you need a 100 amp circuit,,,
Sorry I am not waiting for 12 hours. I’m jumping on my Harley which gets 40 miles a gallon and will blow the doors off of that piece of shit.
do what you want,,,no business of mine,,,

I will get in my 68 ford with the 390 and run your ass down if you get in my way with your little popcycle,,,LOL
what do you have against 68 fords???

besides the usual stuff

they suck in the rain and snow,,,,

No shit! Lol
Nothing. I’d probably love that car.

Bikes have an advantage due to horsepower to weight ratio is all I was saying.

But I do love America. Muscle Cars.

Sorry I am not waiting for 12 hours. I’m jumping on my Harley which gets 40 miles a gallon and will blow the doors off of that piece of shit.

I will get in my 68 ford with the 390 and run your ass down if you get in my way with your little popcycle,,,LOL
what do you have against 68 fords???

besides the usual stuff

they suck in the rain and snow,,,,

Of course, it is all but inevitable that electric cars supplant gas cars. But, until It's economical, its not happening.

Takes 12 hours to charge and gives you about 50 miles max on electric, then it’s back to gasoline.

The power grid was not designed to charge 300 million cars at night.

As opposed to 900 million cell phones and tablets? I'm not sure power grid capacity is going to be an effective argument here. There is far less power consumption going on overnight than the rest of the day.

Oh God didn't anyone take a basic Electrical class here?

Most homes have 100amp or 200 amp service, a fucking cell phone or tablet pulls less then 1 amp... Your clothes dryer , a telsa and a Chevy volt will max it out over 100 amps and you would need a 200amp service upgrade between $15,000 and $30,000.

The Complete Guide to Charging the Chevy Volt | ChargePoint

Quit being obtuse faggot when you know your God damn wrong .

I said volt , telsa and clothes dryer...it's God damn basic electricity..once again let us guess your a fucking child
And never

Heard of black outs when everyone has their A/C on ?

Takes 12 hours to charge and gives you about 50 miles max on electric, then it’s back to gasoline.

As opposed to 900 million cell phones and tablets? I'm not sure power grid capacity is going to be an effective argument here. There is far less power consumption going on overnight than the rest of the day.

Most homes have 100amp or 200 amp service, a fucking cell phone or tablet pulls less then 1 amp... Your clothes dryer , a telsa and a Chevy volt will max it out over 100 amps and you would need a 200amp service upgrade between $15,000 and $30,000.

I said volt , telsa and clothes dryer...it's God damn basic electricity..once again let us guess your a fucking child
And never

you also said it takes a 200 amp upgrade which is why you need to check before you open your mouth,,

I've had to correct you a few times now,,,

just look it up first,,,

And never

And once again houses in the US have a 100amp or 200 amp service and that's not even taken into consideration the out dated power grid that can't even handle a EMP strike.

And never

And once again houses in the US have a 100amp or 200 amp service and that's not even taken into consideration the out dated power grid that can't even handle a EMP strike.

but all they need is at most a 60 amp and some even a 20 amp,,,,

you said they need a 15K dollar upgrade to do it,,,and thats just not true,,,

I look forward to working on EV's they have to be easier than the inefficient gasoline internal combustion ancient history machine..
I look forward to passing you in my inefficient combustion engine car while you sit there charging your toy tesla

No gasoline engine can beat the torque of an electric motor.

And people still run out of gas all the time so it seems that people who forget to charge their cars have lots of company
Duh if electric cars were the norm we would need 100 acre charging stations everywhere or perhaps 20 story charging garages

Never heard of nuclear power huh?
The cars have to charge somewhere. You are mentally unfit, your brain is not processing info properly.

As I have said over and over most people drive less than 50 miles a day so plugging in the car is not a problem

Electric cars are so quiet people staring at their smart-phomes walk out in front of them at crosswalks. Supposedly they are now producing a warning horn when they spot a pedestrian about to get clobbered.....another system that eventually breaks and has to be replaced. That's why I drive an '85 F-150 4x4....no airbags, no nothing but brute power and weight which means I win when a Prius hits me. I don't even need a road....when the Zombie Apocalypse hits, I'm on my way to the Rocky Mountains and nobody and nothing can stop me.
Indeed electric cars are really quiet when they are sitting there doing nothing but charging
SO are cars that run out of gas

What's your point?
I am 54 years old and have never run out of gas. We are not all dumb like you

I have never run out of gas either Moron but people do every day

Indeed electric cars are really quiet when they are sitting there doing nothing but charging

The Volt is the only one I ever drove and it was SILENT at freeway speed....no engine sound, no wind, no nothing...if you want solitude on the road, that's the way to go. Then you turn on that Bose sound system and blow out your eardrums.....I was very impressed with it other than the price and e-range but that was 9 years ago and have no idea what that class of vehicles are like now.
Many EVs have ranges of 200 miles now
Which is great if you don't travel far. There are charging stations if you plan your trip correctly but charging takes hours turning a one day trip into a week long exercise.

MOst people drive less than 50 miles a day.

The average household has more than 2 cars. 35% have 3 cars.

So what's the big deal if your daily driver is electric and you have another for long trips?

Shit you could own an electric and rent a nice car for long trips and it would still be cheaper to run than a gas powered car
You have an extra 80 grand

Moron
Idiot

You can buy and electric car for less than 25 grand

Not really

Tell me what number of deaths per KW produced does the fossil fuel industry have?
Compare that to the nuclear power industry then tell me which is more dangerous.

There are reactor designs that eliminate all the potential hazards of our current light water reactors

What is it with you people who deny the advancement of technology?

It's the waste problem.....even transporting it is dangerous because there could be a spill or terrorist hijacking. I believe we should stick with natural gas...it's cheap, clean, and we have more than anybody else. I can't believe people are against coal....we don't need it but the third-world burning camel shit does and our coal is the best in the world and can be liquified and used in a pinch here.

There is no such thing as nuclear waste

There Is No Such Thing as Nuclear Waste

MOst people drive less than 50 miles a day.
The average household has more than 2 cars. 35% have 3 cars.
So what's the big deal if your daily driver is electric and you have another for long trips?
Shit you could own an electric and rent a nice car for long trips and it would still be cheaper to run than a gas powered car

Meh, my 120mpg scooter KILLS your electric car (AND will use less petroleum products over it's entire lifespan).
Plus when it rains I get a free body wash to boot.
:abgg2q.jpg:
Yeah if you want to drive a scooter and look like a fag

How many people will want to pour 7500 dollars into a 15 year old electric car that needs the battery replaced? It won't be worth half that by that time.
Batteries are getting better all the time

But figure it out, an electric motor is basically maintenance free, doesn't need oil changes or tune ups or antifreeze etc so is the battery replacement every few years going to make maintenance more expensive than any other car and most people never have to replace the battery in their EV.

Manufacturers also offer battery warranties that will cover battery replacement for up to 100000 miles

Past history not strong with you on black outs? Power lines down in storms, our power grid can't handle a EMP pulse? Our crumbling infrastructure?

You really are that dumb or just a propaganda mouth piece like Rderp, RW and Billy huh?

Your post was so fucking stupid that even I was surprised you posted it.

Any house with even two cars charging still would use less power at night than in the day.

You stupid fuck I said 300 million cars at night...God damn you a fucking brain dead idiot and they run on 220v not 110v

you do know that you dont have to charge them everynight???

Then why have a damn car at all? Seriously it already has limited range and takes hours to charge . Of course people will damn charge it every night.

The funny thing is none of these electric cars have had their $10,000.00 batteries replaced yet, that must be fun

When you compare the maintenance costs across the board for EVs and ICEs you'll see that in the long run an EV is most likely cheaper since electricity is less expensive than gas and an electric motor is basically maintenance free

And As i said many manufacturers are offering battery warranties that are similar to power train warranties and will cover battery replacements for 100000 miles

Funny chit.

What else goes on at night?

Past history not strong with you on black outs? Power lines down in storms, our power grid can't handle a EMP pulse? Our crumbling infrastructure?

You really are that dumb or just a propaganda mouth piece like Rderp, RW and Billy huh?

Your post was so fucking stupid that even I was surprised you posted it.

Any house with even two cars charging still would use less power at night than in the day.

You stupid fuck I said 300 million cars at night...God damn you a fucking brain dead idiot and they run on 220v not 110v

Sell, Ms Fuckstick, the majority of Chevy Volt owners opt for the 120 power night option.

Note: 120V and At night.
Hows that work during California's famed brownouts an rolling blackouts?

Also, love the "Bump" in my buddy's electric bill he got when he got an EV.

Sold the damn thing 4 months later, and bought a Dodge Challenger, then moved out of CA to Texas.
Did that increase in electricity costs surpass the costs of what he would have paid for gasoline?

I have 200 amp and can run anything, but most homes are 100 amp and those people are screwed if we are ever forced to submit to The New Green Jihad.
The dirty little secret of "renewable" energy
It's not renewable if you are mining the elements and metals like I have shown here. And the Electricity produced to charge these vehicles has to come from Hydrocarbons. No way could we rely on something as undependable as solar or wind.

The entire world will starve or freeze to death if you eliminate hydrocarbons.

We could go 100% nuclear.

This is a bullshit argument. Ummm the downsides of this bad stuff utilized once in building a vehicle vs bad stuff generated every mile they drive,......
Add to that the toxic waste dump that are rare earth metal mines

And we have enough nuclear material sitting around to power the entire country for a couple centuries or more
Kind of funny to bemoan the toxic wastes generated by mining while promoting nuclear power plants which generate some of the most toxic and radioactive substances known to man.
There Is No Such Thing as Nuclear Waste

Nissan, Chevy, Volkswagen, Ford and Hyundai, all make EVs that get over 100 miles per charge and since most people drive less than 50 miles a day you won't need a full charge every day.

But I do love American Muscle Cars.

So do I

And I have never said anything about getting rid of all internal combustion engines'
All I have ever said was that EVs have a use in transportation.

I don't know why people can't agree that fewer cars running on gasoline will improve air quality especially in areas that are subject to high volumes of traffic

Forum List

Back