Electric cars are far cleaner than gas powered cars, we need incentives

Should congress pass laws incentivising buying electric cars over gas powered cars?

• yes, it makes environmental and economic sense, cars can charge at night balancing electric usage

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • no, keep the government out of the car business

Votes: 24 77.4%

• Total voters
The power grid was not designed to charge 300 million cars at night.

As opposed to 900 million cell phones and tablets? I'm not sure power grid capacity is going to be an effective argument here. There is far less power consumption going on overnight than the rest of the day.

Oh God didn't anyone take a basic Electrical class here?

Most homes have 100amp or 200 amp service, a fucking cell phone or tablet pulls less then 1 amp... Your clothes dryer , a telsa and a Chevy volt will max it out over 100 amps and you would need a 200amp service upgrade between $15,000 and $30,000.

Oh God, didn't anyone take a basic logic class here?

You got the point halfway, but then jumped backwards and abandoned it. What makes you think that 300 million cars are going to be plugged in and charging at any given moment? It doesn't really matter how many cars are out there, the issue would be total consumption at a given moment. People don't typically run their clothes dryer overnight while they are sleeping, and they don't have a whole other assortment of electric consuming behaviors going on at that time, either.

You make it sound like there is some kind of hard coded catastrophe in store if more people buy electric cars as time goes on, and there's simply no basis for that suggestion. Perhaps, 10 years from now, if improvements and maintenance don't keep up then there could be a problem that arises. But hey, 75 years ago the power grid simply wasn't built to support the consumption of 325 million people. Continual upgrades and improvements is the norm.

As opposed to 900 million cell phones and tablets? I'm not sure power grid capacity is going to be an effective argument here. There is far less power consumption going on overnight than the rest of the day.

Most homes have 100amp or 200 amp service, a fucking cell phone or tablet pulls less then 1 amp... Your clothes dryer , a telsa and a Chevy volt will max it out over 100 amps and you would need a 200amp service upgrade between $15,000 and $30,000.

my dryer runs on 220

You got the point halfway, but then jumped backwards and abandoned it. What makes you think that 300 million cars are going to be plugged in and charging at any given moment? It doesn't really matter how many cars are out there, the issue would be total consumption at a given moment. People don't typically run their clothes dryer overnight while they are sleeping, and they don't have a whole other assortment of electric consuming behaviors going on at that time, either.

You make it sound like there is some kind of hard coded catastrophe in store if more people buy electric cars as time goes on, and there's simply no basis for that suggestion. Perhaps, 10 years from now, if improvements and maintenance don't keep up then there could be a problem that arises. But hey, 75 years ago the power grid simply wasn't built to support the consumption of 325 million people. Continual upgrades and improvements is the norm.

now you changed your story.

You said at night. When that was debunked, now you claim everyone will charge their vehicles at the same time.

Many will use a solar panel to charge their vehicle during the day.

Electric cars are heavily dependent on toxic chemicals to be built. Even something as simple as mining the Copper which electric vehicles have an enormous amount of copper in them, are an environmental nightmare.
maxresdefault.jpg

Here are copper mines seen from space.

mines_toquepala1b.jpg

162656main_image_feature_697_ys_full.jpg

ISS022-E-26137.jpg

The dirty little secret of "renewable" energy
It's not renewable if you are mining the elements and metals like I have shown here. And the Electricity produced to charge these vehicles has to come from Hydrocarbons. No way could we rely on something as undependable as solar or wind.

The entire world will starve or freeze to death if you eliminate hydrocarbons.

We could go 100% nuclear.

This is a bullshit argument. Ummm the downsides of this bad stuff utilized once in building a vehicle vs bad stuff generated every mile they drive,......
Add to that the toxic waste dump that are rare earth metal mines

And we have enough nuclear material sitting around to power the entire country for a couple centuries or more
Kind of funny to bemoan the toxic wastes generated by mining while promoting nuclear power plants which generate some of the most toxic and radioactive substances known to man.

you have got to start checking before you shoot your mouth off and looking like an idiot,,,

Home Charging Installation

The Complete Guide to Charging the Chevy Volt | ChargePoint

you do know that you dont have to charge them everynight???
well it would be if you traveled longer than the charge time. what the fk is wrong with you.

but what if you didnt, and it takes you a week to drive that far???

not everybody drives the same distance everyday you stupid mother fucker,,,
well then it depends on the temperature outside?

why do they need plugs at all parking lots then?

whats the temp got to do with it,,,and I';m not sure you understand this but parking lots hold lots of cars and some of those people drive a lot and might need them,,,

if I had a 200 mile range I might charge once a month

you need to fight off the stupid its corrupting your mind,,,
because the batteries don't hold the same charge in cold. You would know that if you knew anything.

Also, don't you need the power from the plants that are coal powered? tell me the difference from oil.
the % difference is minimal,,,and who said the plant is ran on coal???some are nuclear and natural gas,,,

and if I had one I would set up a few solar panels and charge for free,,,,

Takes 12 hours to charge and gives you about 50 miles max on electric, then it’s back to gasoline.

Takes 12 hours to charge and gives you about 50 miles max on electric, then it’s back to gasoline.

it was in response to the idiots claim you need a 100 amp circuit,,,

Screw The UN’s Agenda 2030 and fuck Fake Global Warming and It’s Green Jihad Enviro Nazis.

Sorry I am not waiting for 12 hours. I’m jumping on my Harley which gets 40 miles a gallon and will blow the doors off of that piece of shit.

Fuck that. They catch on fire too. So do Teslas.

Your post was so fucking stupid that even I was surprised you posted it.

Any house with even two cars charging still would use less power at night than in the day.

You stupid fuck I said 300 million cars at night...God damn you a fucking brain dead idiot and they run on 220v not 110v

Then why have a damn car at all? Seriously it already has limited range and takes hours to charge . Of course people will damn charge it every night.

The funny thing is none of these electric cars have had their $10,000.00 batteries replaced yet, that must be fun

Chevy Volt replacement batteries under $3500.

Sorry I am not waiting for 12 hours. I’m jumping on my Harley which gets 40 miles a gallon and will blow the doors off of that piece of shit.
do what you want,,,no business of mine,,,

I will get in my 68 ford with the 390 and run your ass down if you get in my way with your little popcycle,,,LOL

You stupid fuck I said 300 million cars at night...God damn you a fucking brain dead idiot and they run on 220v not 110v

Then why have a damn car at all? Seriously it already has limited range and takes hours to charge . Of course people will damn charge it every night.

The funny thing is none of these electric cars have had their $10,000.00 batteries replaced yet, that must be fun

to date I think every car made has caught fire,,,some more than once,,,

I don’t think you’ll catch me in that thing.

But I do love American Muscle Cars.

I will get in my 68 ford with the 390 and run your ass down if you get in my way with your little popcycle,,,LOL

It makes no difference to me if you burn your own dumb ass up in a Pinto or Volt.

But I do love America. Muscle Cars.

what do you have against 68 fords???

besides the usual stuff

It makes no difference to me if you burn your own dumb ass up in a Pinto or Volt.

YUCAIPA: Harley-Davidson catches fire, owner burned (UPDATE) – Press Enterprise

Nothing. I’d probably love that car.

Bikes have an advantage due to horsepower to weight ratio is all I was saying.

But I do love America. Muscle Cars.

what do you have against 68 fords???

besides the usual stuff

Forum List

Back