Elderly Grandfather Paralyzed by Police Beating

Saying he reached in his pocket for his ID or put his hand in his pocket to get his ID has no difference.

He wasn't reaching for ID by order of the police. Seriously, why so dishonest?

What was wrong with him reaching for his ID or something to show the police everything is OK? He is from another country, and that would be a natural thing for him to do.

I don't care what country you are from. It's sort of a universal law to not reach into your pockets when the police approach you

As usual with thee cases, you idiot liberals believe its all of one thing or another. It's not. Both things can be true A) The police over reacted B) the guy acted stupidly

The police should just admit their mistake here by making that an issue. He had a good reason to go in his pocket, not speaking English.

Visiting from India grandfather badly hurt in encounter officer arrested - CNN.com

Chirag Patel, told CNN Affiliate WHNT that his father tried to communicate with officers, telling them "No English. Indian," when they approached. He also said his father gave police his address and pointed to his son's house.

Not speaking English isn't a reason for resisting arrest. They have police in India, I'm sure he knows better.

The police said nothing about resisting arrest.

He wasn't reaching for ID by order of the police. Seriously, why so dishonest?

What was wrong with him reaching for his ID or something to show the police everything is OK? He is from another country, and that would be a natural thing for him to do.

I don't care what country you are from. It's sort of a universal law to not reach into your pockets when the police approach you

As usual with thee cases, you idiot liberals believe its all of one thing or another. It's not. Both things can be true A) The police over reacted B) the guy acted stupidly

The police should just admit their mistake here by making that an issue. He had a good reason to go in his pocket, not speaking English.

Visiting from India grandfather badly hurt in encounter officer arrested - CNN.com

Chirag Patel, told CNN Affiliate WHNT that his father tried to communicate with officers, telling them "No English. Indian," when they approached. He also said his father gave police his address and pointed to his son's house.

Not speaking English isn't a reason for resisting arrest. They have police in India, I'm sure he knows better.

They said he kept sticking his hands into pocketsand trying to walk away. When they were trying to investgate the 911 call...which woulda shown his innocence by the way had he cooperated.

But they tried to ensure he had no weapon...and he kept trying to walk off and pull away. Video shows they are holding him. So they probly felt him starting to lean away trying to walk off again.

It was a hard takedown. But...legal. This cop will win millions suing the DA and state. All so they can appease race baiters and try to avoid protests.

They said he kept sticking his hands into pocketsand trying to walk away. When they were trying to investgate the 911 call...which woulda shown his innocence by the way had he cooperated.

But they tried to ensure he had no weapon...and he kept trying to walk off and pull away. Video shows they are holding him. So they probly felt him starting to lean away trying to walk off again.

He was in handcuffs when they said he was pulling away. He is being led by an officer twice his size while cuffed and pulls some. Big deal. It is not resisting arrest since they have him secure and can very easily lead him to the squad car pulling or not.

It was a hard takedown. But...legal. This cop will win millions suing the DA and state. All so they can appease race baiters and try to avoid protests.

Picking him up, slamming and driving his head directly into the ground is attempted murder. The cop is under arrest.

He was in handcuffs when they said he was pulling away. He is being led by an officer twice his size while cuffed and pulls some. Big deal. It is not resisting arrest since they have him secure and can very easily lead him to the squad car pulling or not.

It in fact IS resisting arrest. Being in handcuffs doesn't mean shit.

It in fact IS resisting arrest. Being in handcuffs doesn't mean shit.

He would have been charged if that was the case or at least mentioned. He wasn't charged.

Being in handcuffs doesn't mean shit.

There is a huge difference between being in cuffs and not.

Not in terms of resisting arrest.

I had a guy in cuffs one time, he lashed back and head butted me. You don't think that was resisting arrest?

In this particular case, I believe the LEO went overboard and charges against him are appropriate, that doesn't negate the resistntg arrest

I had a guy in cuffs one time, he lashed back and head butted me. You don't think that was resisting arrest?

In this particular case, I believe the LEO went overboard and charges against him are appropriate, that doesn't negate the resistntg arrest

You would have to convince a jury that whatever pulling he did actually made any difference whatsoever. Not going to happen.

You would have to convince a jury that whatever pulling he did actually made any difference whatsoever. Not going to happen.

No you don't have to convince a jury that it made a difference. You only have to convince them that he did it.

No you don't have to convince a jury that it made a difference. You only have to convince them that he did it.

Umm, a crime has to actually have SOME sort of impact.

Yes, in terms of common sense.

Which you aren't using. An arrest isn't over just because a suspect is in handcuffs. You can absolutely resist while in cuffs

But this man wasn't.

No it doesn't .

No it doesn't .

Then how or why would such an act be a crime if it has no impact on anyone or anything? :eusa_hand:

Forum List

Back