Elderly Grandfather Paralyzed by Police Beating

Someone needs to train cops in the use of common sense. This is getting ridiculous.

Visiting from India grandfather partially paralyzed after encounter with police - CNN.com

"Chirag Patel, told CNN Affiliate WHNT that his father tried to communicate with officers, telling them "No English. Indian," when they approached. He also said his father gave police his address and pointed to his son's house."

It's awful! Most of them will never become better, most of them will continue their violence and will taze granfathers again and again...
The only way to stop police brutality - is to reform all system, to hold special mental-health tests and to invite NORMAL people to work in the police!

Elderly? He was 57 and resisted arrest.
Odd...even the police now say it was because he put his hand in his pocket. Is that "resisting arrest" now?

I think the police were too rough here, but once again you are a liar. The police didnt say the subject "put his hands in his pockets" , they said he "reached into his pockets" and guess what moron, people keep weapons in their pockets.

And amazing that the man doesn't know to stand still for police, but he knows how to sue.

I think the police were too rough here, but once again you are a liar. The police didnt say the subject "put his hands in his pockets" , they said he "reached into his pockets" and guess what moron, people keep weapons in their pockets.

He was handcuffed when they slammed his head into the ground and putting his hands in his pockets to logically get something to show the police has nothing to do with it. There is no difference between reaching and putting.

Last edited:

He was handcuffed when they slammed his head into the ground and putting his hands in his pockets to logically get something to show the police has nothing to do with it. There is no difference between reaching and putting.

Of course there is a difference. Words have meanings you know.

Actually no. He was not handcuffed when he was taken down as dash camera video clearly shows at the 9 second mark.

Actually no. He was not handcuffed when he was taken down as dash camera video clearly shows at the 9 second mark.

You're a racist for pointing out when liberals lie

His arms are fixed behind his back, which could not have happened without being cuffed while being thrown around. It is very clear in the video.

Saying he reached in his pocket for his ID or put his hand in his pocket to get his ID has no difference.

Saying he reached in his pocket for his ID or put his hand in his pocket to get his ID has no difference.

He wasn't reaching for ID by order of the police. Seriously, why so dishonest?

What was wrong with him reaching for his ID or something to show the police everything is OK? He is from another country, and that would be a natural thing for him to do.

What was wrong with him reaching for his ID or something to show the police everything is OK? He is from another country, and that would be a natural thing for him to do.

I don't care what country you are from. It's sort of a universal law to not reach into your pockets when the police approach you

As usual with thee cases, you idiot liberals believe its all of one thing or another. It's not. Both things can be true A) The police over reacted B) the guy acted stupidly

I don't care what country you are from. It's sort of a universal law to not reach into your pockets when the police approach you

As usual with thee cases, you idiot liberals believe its all of one thing or another. It's not. Both things can be true A) The police over reacted B) the guy acted stupidly

The police should just admit their mistake here by making that an issue. He had a good reason to go in his pocket, not speaking English.

Visiting from India grandfather badly hurt in encounter officer arrested - CNN.com

Chirag Patel, told CNN Affiliate WHNT that his father tried to communicate with officers, telling them "No English. Indian," when they approached. He also said his father gave police his address and pointed to his son's house.

The police should just admit their mistake here by making that an issue. He had a good reason to go in his pocket, not speaking English.

Visiting from India grandfather badly hurt in encounter officer arrested - CNN.com

Chirag Patel, told CNN Affiliate WHNT that his father tried to communicate with officers, telling them "No English. Indian," when they approached. He also said his father gave police his address and pointed to his son's house.

Not speaking English isn't a reason for resisting arrest. They have police in India, I'm sure he knows better.

[

"show me your hands" is what cops and soldiers the world around tell suspects. At that point the suspect can't be allowed to stick his hand)s) in his pocket....no way of knowing what he's up to....by the same token, there's no reason to tackle him unless he seems to be getting aggressive...it looks like they "overreacted" a little but they want to go home to their families at night so they don't take many chances.

"show me your hands" is what cops and soldiers the world around tell suspects. At that point the suspect can't be allowed to stick his hand)s) in his pocket....

That is not said probably nearly half the time police approach people at first, and we do not know if it was said here. Even if it was, Patel would not have understood it anyway.

Forum List

Back