Egypt: Syria Refugees Detained, Coerced to Return

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Imagine, 250 children suffering, some as young as two months.

Egypt: Syria Refugees Detained, Coerced to Return

Palestinians, Children Among Most Vulnerable
November 11, 2013

(New York) -Egypt has detained over 1,500 refugees from Syria, including at least 400 Palestinians and 250 children as young as two months old, for weeks and sometimes months. Security officials have acknowledged that the refugees will be held indefinitely until they leave the country.

Palestinian refugees from Syria are especially vulnerable because Egyptian policy prevents them from seeking protection from the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), contrary to UNHCR’s mandate under the 1951 Refugee Convention. Egyptian authorities tell detained Palestinians that their only alternative to indefinite detention is to go to Lebanon, where they are only permitted to legally enter on a 48-hour transit visa, or to return to war-torn Syria.

“Egypt is leaving hundreds of Palestinians from

To continue reading, go to:

Egypt: Syria Refugees Detained, Coerced to Return | Human Rights Watch

israel has not let One Syrian Refugee enter israel, even though they share a border

Syrians have entered Israel, been treated, given food and warms clothing, but not they have not been allowed to stay within Israel beyond a short time.
A syrian woman gave birth in an Israel hospital just recently.
Israelis have been crossing regularly to get supplies to refugee syrians.
Jordan, Lebanon, Turkey and even Iraq are over whelmed with the syrian refugees.
There is only so much they can do.

israel has not let One Syrian Refugee enter israel, even though they share a border

Have you forgotten, Joey, all those Syrians who have entered Israel for medical treatment?

And?? ... :cool:

And?? Well I'm sure the readers by now realize you are such a devout convert that you dare not say one word about what other Muslims are doing when it is detrimental. Just sit quietly in front of your computer. As devout as you are trying to be, I don't think any of us want to see you resort to something like this.

Alleged Kansas Bomber Wanted to Be 'Obedient Slave of Allah'
Remember Silly-Sally, this is the Middle East forum and you don't want it to go off topic.

(well that's what you chide other people for doing) ..... :cool:

Have you forgotten, Joey, all those Syrians who have entered Israel for medical treatment?

And not One was given safe haven as a refugee from a war zone, I hope the Syrians remember this when it's the israelis fleeing

And?? ... :cool:

And?? Well I'm sure the readers by now realize you are such a devout convert that you dare not say one word about what other Muslims are doing when it is detrimental. Just sit quietly in front of your computer. As devout as you are trying to be, I don't think any of us want to see you resort to something like this.

Alleged Kansas Bomber Wanted to Be 'Obedient Slave of Allah'
Remember Silly-Sally, this is the Middle East forum and you don't want it to go off topic.

(well that's what you chide other people for doing) ..... :cool:

Why, Mr. Cuckoo, I thought you would allow me some leeway since you never talk about the Middle East on this forum and what your brothers are doing there because they think they are being obedient slaves to Allah.

And not One was given safe haven as a refugee from a war zone, I hope the Syrians remember this when it's the israelis fleeing

I think Joey resents the fact that Israel treats the wounded Syrians. So tell us, Joey, how many refugees are now in Iran. Some seem to make their way to Europe, so why not that Glorious Islamic Republic of Iran for some of the Muslim refugees.

Why, Mr. Sunni Man, I thought you would allow me some leeway since you never talk about the Middle East on this forum and what your brothers are doing there because they think they are being obedient slaves to Allah.
Silly-Sally, as a newly self appointed Mod.

You need to set an example for your imaginary readers of your posts. ... :cool:

Why, Mr. Sunni Man, I thought you would allow me some leeway since you never talk about the Middle East on this forum and what your brothers are doing there because they think they are being obedient slaves to Allah.
Silly-Sally, as a newly self appointed Mod.

You need to set an example for your imaginary readers of your posts. ... :cool:

As a supossedly grown up man, I would think that Mr. Cuckoo would finally realize how immature he acts. He doesn't even seem to realize that by never ever saying anything about what is happening in the rest of the Middle East on a Middle East forum, he is telling the readers that he really doesn't give a hoot unless he can drag in Israel. He seems very happy with his childlike behavior in mainly trolling these various forums.

As a supossedly grown up man, I would think that Mr. Sunni Man would finally realize how immature he acts. He doesn't even seem to realize that by never ever saying anything about what is happening in the rest of the Middle East on a Middle East forum, he is telling the readers that he really doesn't give a hoot unless he can drag in Israel. He seems very happy with his childlike behavior in mainly trolling these various forums.
I'm ecstatic ... :eusa_angel:

So...let me get it straight....Sally is criticizing Egypt for not letting Syrian refugees remain while excusing Israel for not letting Syrian refugees remain?

None of those countries are equipt to handle the huge numbers of refugees....

As a supossedly grown up man, I would think that Mr. Sunni Man would finally realize how immature he acts. He doesn't even seem to realize that by never ever saying anything about what is happening in the rest of the Middle East on a Middle East forum, he is telling the readers that he really doesn't give a hoot unless he can drag in Israel. He seems very happy with his childlike behavior in mainly trolling these various forums.
I'm ecstatic ... :eusa_angel:

You might even get a free decoder ring:eusa_shhh:

So...let me get it straight....Sally is criticizing Egypt for not letting Syrian refugees remain while excusing Israel for not letting Syrian refugees remain?

So let me get it straight. Coyote is not happy with the Israelis just treating the wounded Syrians, but she wants the Israelis to take in thousands and thousands and thousands of people into their small country who hate her. I have a great idea. Coyote should apply for a job to coordinate the refugees trip and resettlement in Europe. First she has to convince the different countries to take in more refugees. She could also coordinate something where the Iranians can take in the ones who were for Assad.

Europe falls far short in helping Syrian refugees, rights group says - latimes.com

So let me get it straight. Coyote is not happy with the Israelis just treating the wounded Syrians, but she wants the Israelis to take in thousands and thousands and thousands of people into their small country who hate her. I have a great idea. Coyote should apply for a job to coordinate the refugees trip and resettlement in Europe. First she has to convince the different countries to take in more refugees. She could also coordinate something where the Iranians can take in the ones who were for Assad.

Europe falls far short in helping Syrian refugees, rights group says - latimes.com

Sally, you are confusing straight with circuitous :)

I applaud what the Israeli's are doing, just as I applaud what all those countries are doing trying to help the growing tide of refugees - perhaps you missed reading second sentence? If you did, I can certainly understand.

I'll pass on the coordinating vocational advice - I have enough trouble coordinating my meals. They keep running away....

I applaud what the Israeli's are doing, just as I applaud what all those countries are doing trying to help the growing tide of refugees - perhaps you missed reading second sentence? If you did, I can certainly understand.

I'll pass on the coordinating vocational advice - I have enough trouble coordinating my meals. They keep running away....

The main gist that I took in was when you said So..:.let me get it straight....Sally is criticizing Egypt for not letting Syrian refugees remain while excusing Israel for not letting Syrian refugees remain?" By the way, we can argue night and day about this, but I doubt any of us on this forum are as brave as some Israelis who are actually going into Jordan to give aid to the Syrian refugees there. The sad thing about the refugees in Jordan is that they are not allowed to work because the Joranians feel these refugees will stay there, and it was felt that Jordan previously had enough trouble with the Palestinian refugees. Since they are not able to work, they have no money, and many are just returning to Syria which, of course, is a dangerous thing to do.

The main gist that I took in was when you said So..:.let me get it straight....Sally is criticizing Egypt for not letting Syrian refugees remain while excusing Israel for not letting Syrian refugees remain?" By the way, we can argue night and day about this, but I doubt any of us on this forum are as brave as some Israelis who are actually going into Jordan to give aid to the Syrian refugees there. The sad thing about the refugees in Jordan is that they are not allowed to work because the Joranians feel these refugees will stay there, and it was felt that Jordan previously had enough trouble with the Palestinian refugees. Since they are not able to work, they have no money, and many are just returning to Syria which, of course, is a dangerous thing to do.

Sally, I have always commended Israel for it's humanitarian services, that is a good thing. I also commend the many countries who are trying to house the refugees on a short term basis. Many of them are fairly poor and have their own internal troubles and income inequality to deal with - they are not equipt to handle a flood of refugees. It's a bad situation all around and a very destabilizing one for the Middle East, with no clear path to a solution. There are many good people trying to help.

Sally, I have always commended Israel for it's humanitarian services, that is a good thing. I also commend the many countries who are trying to house the refugees on a short term basis. Many of them are fairly poor and have their own internal troubles and income inequality to deal with - they are not equipt to handle a flood of refugees. It's a bad situation all around and a very destabilizing one for the Middle East, with no clear path to a solution. There are many good people trying to help.

I agree with everything you say regarding these refugees. It is a sad, sad situation, and one wonders when it will ever end. I certainly hope that everyone on this forum, as the holiday season approaches, remembers these people and give a contribution to a relief agency to help them. They have so little, and anything they get will certainly be appreciated by them.

Forum List

Back