Egg

Like eggs, like chicken. My grandfather used to have a chicken coop he built with cinder block and mortar. Solid as hell, I would feed the chickens with him in the morning....my stomach turned from the stench... We would pick the eggs and have breakfast.

I named all the chickens....they were my little buddies

There were times when we would have fresh killed chicken for dinner. I did not help him in that department. I never asked him who he killed and he never told me. I still had the same names for all the chickens could not tell which one was who.

Now I eat pasteurized eggs and make many eggs dishes....I do not think of my experience at the chicken coop much these days, but when I do it is with fondness for my grandfather.
I had to participate in the chicken slaughters when I was a kid. We kids would have to go collect a bunch of chickens, and then when they were running around headless, we would have to go fetch 'em again.

We never named them, though. That would've been hard to stomach.

Like eggs, like chicken. My grandfather used to have a chicken coop he built with cinder block and mortar. Solid as hell, I would feed the chickens with him in the morning....my stomach turned from the stench... We would pick the eggs and have breakfast.

I named all the chickens....they were my little buddies

There were times when we would have fresh killed chicken for dinner. I did not help him in that department. I never asked him who he killed and he never told me. I still had the same names for all the chickens could not tell which one was who.

Now I eat pasteurized eggs and make many eggs dishes....I do not think of my experience at the chicken coop much these days, but when I do it is with fondness for my grandfather.
I had to participate in the chicken slaughters when I was a kid. We kids would have to go collect a bunch of chickens, and then when they were running around headless, we would have to go fetch 'em again.

We never named them, though. That would've been hard to stomach.

I was very close to my grandfather, I idolized him. The guy was a sailor, a professional soccer player, a ladies man and a gentleman. He was a tough guy with a gentle soul. He would listen to me play my guitar and sing, his laugh reverberates in my ears as I type this.

I would do anything for the man....just enjoyed being around him....
smile_zps6cd7eade.gif

I know it's weird, but I've never liked eggs.

I'd rather eat a whole chicken than an egg.

Chicken is my favorite meat, but I grew to like eggs once I started cooking. It's what you put with them. ;)

I enjoy the contribution that eggs make to other dishes and I use them all the time while cooking. My favorite dish (that I know how to cook myself) is carbonara, which is esentially just semi-cooked eggs, parmesan cheese and bacon (and pasta).

But I've never wanted to eat just an egg.

Last edited:

Chicken is my favorite meat, but I grew to like eggs once I started cooking. It's what you put with them. ;)

I enjoy the contribution that eggs make to other dishes and I use them all the time while cooking. My favorite dish (that I know how to cook myself) is carbonara, which is esentially just semi-cooked eggs, parmesan cheese and bacon.

But I've never wanted to eat just an egg.
Many years ago, my gynecologist insisted that I not eat salt while carrying my daughter (who's now a cop), so I've never used salt. Foods have a taste, and you get used to a definite variety when you put down the salt shaker. :D

I love eggs just about anyway, I make broccoli omelets, quiche just about anything....generally there one day per week that I am very busy and I make a "fried" egg sandwich with A-1 sauce...it reminds me of Australia....I have that sandwich everyday when I go there.....Just brings me closer to that place.

I love eggs just about anyway, I make broccoli omelets, quiche just about anything....generally there one day per week that I am very busy and I make a "fried" egg sandwich with A-1 sauce...it reminds me of Australia....I have that sandwich everyday when I go there.....Just brings me closer to that place.
Umm! Kudos for Quiche!

Umm! Kudos for Quiche!

eggs, heavy cream and cheese.....whats not to love?

Drop the wheat and you will be doing yourself many favors.

Wheat Belly Blog | Lose the Wheat Lose the Weight

I haven't ate bread in years. Bread is not your friend. If they want to do something about obesity they should ban all types of bread.

Correct, bread is not your friend, but having they/them ban a growing plant? The state is already too involved in making our decisions for us. Besides, ConAgra, Monsanto and the rest of the industrial food complex has they/them bought and paid for. The games played with the pyramid is evidence enough of that.

Drop the wheat and you will be doing yourself many favors.

Wheat Belly Blog | Lose the Wheat Lose the Weight

I haven't ate bread in years. Bread is not your friend. If they want to do something about obesity they should ban all types of bread.

Correct, bread is not your friend, but having they/them ban a growing plant? The state is already too involved in making our decisions for us. Besides, ConAgra, Monsanto and the rest of the industrial food complex has they/them bought and paid for. The games played with the pyramid is evidence enough of that.

it would help if they'd just drop it from school menus.

Agreed, but who sets that standard? The bought and paid for Dept. of Agriculture.

Agreed, but who sets that standard? The bought and paid for Dept. of Agriculture.

yelp that place is due for changes too

Forum List

Back