Egg

froggy

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2009
The only problem I have with eating an egg is the thought of what's in it. You're eating the whole chicken. the whole chicken.

In order for an egg to hatch, it has to be fertilized. The eggs in the grocery store are laid by hens, which have not mated with a rooster, so they are not fertilized. In other words, you are not eating a whole chicken.

The only problem I have with eating an egg is the thought of what's in it. You're eating the whole chicken. the whole chicken.

Want another reason? Chicken egg shells are porrous - any contamination, feces n urine, rat droppings, etc. present at the "egg place" can seep into the eggs and go undetected when packaged for sale. Yummers.

Female birds will lay eggs even when there is no male bird around. The egg contains all of the ingredients needed to make a chick, except it will never become a chick because it is unfertile. Supermarket eggs for example are not fertilized. You are not eating a chickadee.

Last edited:

Want another reason? Chicken egg shells are porrous - any contamination, feces n urine, rat droppings, etc. present at the "egg place" can seep into the eggs and go undetected when packaged for sale. Yummers.

Which is one reason why I wash everything before I prepare it for cooking. Meats, included.

Washing the shell wont clean anything inside. Any contamination present is mixed up with the yolk already. Nothing to be done except don't eat eggs. If ya do, as with most everything else it's a roll of the dice.

Washing the shell wont clean anything inside. Any contamination present is mixed up with the yolk already. Nothing to be done except don't eat eggs. If ya do, as with most everything else it's a roll of the dice.

Right! Which is why, as meat, everything should be cooked well done. So, I takes my chances and have eggs over medium.

I'm like that. :D If there are any adverse consequences, it will be from my choices.

In order for an egg to hatch, it has to be fertilized. The eggs in the grocery store are laid by hens, which have not mated with a rooster, so they are not fertilized. In other words, you are not eating a whole chicken.

Unless you eat a fertilized egg.

They fed us a lot of chicken in the military. I ate chicken at least twice a day when I was deployed. I used to joke I was actually eating it three times a day if you count eggs as "pre-natal chicken". :lol:

BWAAAWK!

Excuse me. Sorry. Don't know why I did that. Too much chicken, I guess.

Despite that experience, I have never gotten tired of chicken. I love chicken.

Last edited:

Rubbish!

When you eat an egg, you eat an egg and not the whole chicken.

what world do you live in??? :doubt::tongue:

Like eggs, like chicken. My grandfather used to have a chicken coop he built with cinder block and mortar. Solid as hell, I would feed the chickens with him in the morning....my stomach turned from the stench... We would pick the eggs and have breakfast.

I named all the chickens....they were my little buddies

There were times when we would have fresh killed chicken for dinner. I did not help him in that department. I never asked him who he killed and he never told me. I still had the same names for all the chickens could not tell which one was who.

Now I eat pasteurized eggs and make many eggs dishes....I do not think of my experience at the chicken coop much these days, but when I do it is with fondness for my grandfather.

I gather a dozen or more eggs daily from my hens.
Fresh eggs every morning for breakfast, usually over a bed of sauteed peppers and onions, with bacon on the side. Wash it down with a hot cup os tea.

Life in the country....

Forum List

Back