"Eff you, old man. Now clean it up."

Are YOU intimidated by ten year olds? If so, you wouldn't last half an hour at the high schools where I work.
Now you're changing the story. You asked SweetSue92 if she was "physically intimidated by a ten year old," now you want to generalize it to "intimidated by ten year olds."

No, I'm not intimidated by ten year olds in general. But I can certainly understand a teacher being intimidated by particular ten year olds, especially if they have a history of assaulting staffers.

If you work at high schools and you are unaware that teachers' jobs often include the risk of being assaulted by students, then I can imagine what kind of school you teach in. We have a junior high in my district whose parents are upper-middle class and would likely send their kids to private school, if not for their ability to control the district and get what they want. One thing the district did was start a behavior program and place it on one campus only (mine), whose students are primarily low-income, first generation Americans whose parents can be safely ignored by the school board.

There are very few behavior issues on that campus, because they just send them to us. You must be on a campus like that. I'm on the one deals with all the behavior kids in the district. Hence, our much different experiences as teachers.

Our daughter looks set to marry a guy like this. Works like a dog, smart, but needs to be busy. Office job would be awful for him. He wants to be a certified electrician. That's a GREAT job. He's already been working a labor job for years, while he was in school, and has saved a ton of money and bought his own truck. We love him.

Having earlier in my life gone to college, and prepared myself for a career in computer programming, having worked in that profession for most of two decades, having had that career collapse out from under me, and having undergone a few other major career upheavals, I am now an electrician. Yes, this is truly a great profession, for the man that is suited to it, which I turn out to be. It would be amusing to see Incel Joe try to make it in a profession like this. With his utter contempt for those of us who do real work, his lack of ethics, he'd surely be almost as much of a failure as an electrician as he has been at life, in general.

not sure where you are, cuz it's usually 4 years night school , might be state run, might be private ? 2 yr accelerated courses exist, but not everywhere.......

anywho, it's usually 8000 logged hrs to challenge the J-man ticket, another 4000 to challenge the Masters

It's a long haul Sue, but i can guarantee >>>
View attachment 734432
I've personally promoted a number of youngsters that have gone out on their own locally....
(oh, and Joe....that'd be non-union)
~S~

In California, there are a number of paths to becoming an electrician.

My path was via a trade school that ran for about ten months, paid for by a government program to help people put out of work by major plant closings (I previously worked as a forklift operator at a Campbell's Soup factory that had been in operation since 1947, but was shut down in 2013). I'm not sure the exact numbers, but there's some number of hours of instruction that you need to get your Electrician Trainee (ET) card, and up to some much larger number of house, you need so many hours each year to keep your ET card active. My trade school course was enough hours that I don't need any further education to keep my ET card active indefinitely. To go from being an ET to being a fully certified journeyman electrician requires passing a test, and having at least 8,000 hours of experience. As of much earlier this year, I was at about 7,000 hours of experience, so I'm not far from having enough to make journeyman. Now, it's a matter of getting to where I can pass the test.

I know that there's a different path, that involves being an apprentice instead of an ET, but I am not sure what all the differences are between the two paths.

Do realize those lowly menial workers built this country Joe

every road you walk down, every building you walk into.....

collectively we've achieved quite a lot

I'm sure they have..not sure what that has to do with a Custodian who walked off his job because a teenager was mean to him.

ANOTHER topic you know nothing about.

Education will be greatly improved the day you quit, Dripping Poop.
Perhaps he quit because the school disrespected him. The kid's unpunished behavior was the last straw. But if he openly blamed the school he might not get another job in that district. So, blaming the kid was a smart move on his part.

I suspect there was probably a lot going on here. What I've found is that when anyone quits, it's never just one thing, it's usually years of disrespect.

College, for your birth-class, is for teenagers who are afraid to grow up. But you don't need to be afraid to grow up any longer; your bitter and nasty comments about anyone who didn't sacrifice his manhood to please the economic bullies are proof that you will never grow up.

Uh, get real, guy... someone whose big goal in life was to work for $27K putting that red sawdust on various body fluids coming from children hardly "grew up". He just failed.

A degree is nothing to be proud of. Sacrifice has no merit; it is nothing but sickening masochistic brown-nosing and slurping bootlicking in slavish obedience to the unmanly bitches who mandate it.

Well, I would agree that a degree in your case would have been wasted, but it doesn't seem like you could get one, anyway.

Do their sons have to sacrifice? No, of course not; the whole Terminal America system is set up to empower them. So, to stop this collapse, we must sacrifice the toxic ruling class's sons.

Um, yeah, now you are just doing the crazy talk.

Having earlier in my life gone to college, and prepared myself for a career in computer programming, having worked in that profession for most of two decades, having had that career collapse out from under me, and having undergone a few other major career upheavals, I am now an electrician. Yes, this is truly a great profession, for the man that is suited to it, which I turn out to be. It would be amusing to see @Incel Joe try to make it in a profession like this. With his utter contempt for those of us who do real work, his lack of ethics, he'd surely be almost as much of a failure as an electrician as he has been at life, in general.
Mormon Bob still obsessing about me.

I own a business and I am very successful at my career, which is supply chain management. But you had a good job and you just gave up.... that says quite a lot about you.

One more thought

In generations past students were not little angels yearning to be educated

I think its natural for students to rebel and test the limits of the teacher

Us crude old conservatives believe in the rule of order that punishes students who misbehave

Lib parents may not like that and hire lawyers to threaten the teachers and sue them if they dont comply

But the end result of that is a failed education system

Or people saw the kinds of physical abuse inflicted by old school teachers and didn't want that for their kids.

My own experiences in the the Catholic System were awful, and I'd never wish that on a child.

Uh, get real, guy... someone whose big goal in life was to work for $27K putting that red sawdust on various body fluids coming from children hardly "grew up". He just failed.

Well, I would agree that a degree in your case would have been wasted, but it doesn't seem like you could get one, anyway.

Um, yeah, now you are just doing the crazy talk.

Mormon Bob still obsessing about me.

I own a business and I am very successful at my career, which is supply chain management. But you had a good job and you just gave up.... that says quite a lot about you.
What a fucking douche bag ^^^^^^

Or people saw the kinds of physical abuse inflicted by old school teachers and didn't want that for their kids.

My own experiences in the the Catholic System were awful, and I'd never wish that on a child.
As usual the left overreacts and makes the situation worse than before

And the proof is your defense of little monsters abusing school janitors

Or do you think they deserve it because of your own unpleasant experiences?

Because he quit a job that he trained for because he couldn't hack it.

You do not know shit about the circumstances that have caused me to change from one profession to another.

As it turns out, I am better suited as a forklift operator than as a computer programmer/data analyst. And I turn out to be better suited as an electrician than as a forklift operator (though running a forklift sometimes becomes part of my job as an electrician). And it's taken some painful circumstances to force me from one profession to another, but in the end, it is for the best. I very much doubt that you have it in you to do any of these jobs as well as I have done them. And all the minor bits of work I have taken here and there, to fill in the gaps between my main professions, you would not have done nearly as well as I have done.

In all my varied career, I have had, on occasion, had the misfortune of having to work with creatures that had the same attitude about work that you frequently express. These are the creatures that cause me to have to work harder, to make up for the slack that they drop, or even to fix the things that they fuck up.

And in your ignorant hubris, you delusionally image yourself to be in a lofty position from which to look down on me for any or all of my professions.

Last edited:
You do not know shit about the circumstances that have caused me to change from one profession to another.

As it turns out, I am better suited as a forklift operator than as a computer programmer/data analyst. And I turn out to be better suited as an electrician than as a forklift operator (though running a forklift sometimes becomes part of my job as an electrician). And it's taken some painful circumstances to force me from one profession to another, but in the end, it is for the best. I very much doubt that you have it in you to do any of these jobs as well as I have done them. And all the minor bits of work I have taken here and there, to fill in the gaps between my main professions, you would not have done nearly as well as I have done.

In all my varied career, I have had, on occasion, had the misfortune of having to work with creatures that had the same attitude about work that you frequently express. These are the creatures that cause me to have to work harder, to make up for the slack that they drop, or even to fix the things that they fuck up.

And in your ignorant hubris, you delusionally image yourself to be in a lofty position from which to look down on me for any or all of my professions.

Just a friendly reminder: he has poisoned his soul. Do not let him get to you.

Joe's a salesman Bob

you know what that takes? a pie hole that don't quit

We're sparks, in most of this country that takes four years of night school, and approx 8 years of apprenticeship (indentured servitude) to be 'master'

along the way (as we impart to many apprentices) , there are old sparks and there are bold sparks, but few old bold sparks

add to that we have the highest rate of washouts of the trades .....and those of us that do make the cut are scrutinized by 'the powers that be' like no other

so.....

who should be lookin' down on who here? :cool:

~S~

As usual the left overreacts and makes the situation worse than before

And the proof is your defense of little monsters abusing school janitors

Or do you think they deserve it because of your own unpleasant experiences?

Oh, I didn't defend him. I just thought walking off your job because you had one bad day was a bit much. Now, there might be a lot more to that story. Maybe there was years of disrespect from the school. Maybe he's a creeper and the kids enjoy tormenting him. Maybe the child suffered from some emotional disturbance and that he was acting out. I really don't know and neither do you.

But if you walk off your job because one kid acted badly, that shows you have a problem.

Forum List

Back