Edgar Killen, KKK leader who was convicted in 1964 Mississippi Burning slayings, has died in prison

All those years of keeping that scum alive and finally he gets the death penalty. Just like Charles Manson, live much longer than they should of. But hey liberals don't like the death penalty because those guilty sons of bitches could one day be them.
I’m watching the movie now. Not the first time of course but my opinion is there are hundreds maybe even thousands of white men who lynched innocent black people and didn’t deserve to live out long free happy lives but they did. This Edgar ray is just one of many evil southern men in the first half of the last century. Today their grandkids are republicans.

Yeah, maybe, but the Klan was all Democrat at one time. Remember George Wallace or Robert Byrd? Today everybody wants to be the greater negrophilist, but do you know the history here?

Before Charlottesville, Democrats voted for racist policies for more than 100 years
Yes, at one time. So now you know that the parties flipped. All those Democrats back then today vote GOP.

It's obvious when you watch the movie which characters would be voting for Trump and which ones would be voting for Biden. The white racists today vote GOP.

Glad you understand history and how the parties changed/flip flopped.

Both parties are racist. Unfortunately for the Democrats ALL they have in their current offerings is a hack politician promising special shit to non-whites and the LGBTQP community if they vote for him.

I don't know much about Edgar Ray Killen, but after reading this thread his motives may not have been about murder. I really don't know, but will look it up to see what was going on through his mind.

After watching Mississippi Burning it seems like whites wanted to make sure to keep blacks scared and in their place. They couldn't look at them wrong, they couldn't wink at a white woman. They couldn't drink from the same place or eat at the same counters. Back of the bus.

What Edgar's motives were are the same motives that all whites had back then. They wish they had slavery back that's for sure. And even the people in the south who never saw a lynching but knew who was doing the lynching, was guilty. That's why I say I agreed with Nat Turner's decision to go on a killing rampage and kill every white man woman and child he could get his hands on. No white was innocent. Little Eichmanns.

It's hard to remain objective here, but the pages of history have been written:

"As soon as it is admitted that the whites and the emancipated blacks are placed upon the same territory in the situation of two alien communities, it will readily be understood that there are but two alternatives for the future; the negroes and the whites must either wholly part or wholly mingle. I have already expressed the conviction which I entertain as to the latter event. I do not imagine that the white and black races will ever live in any country upon an equal footing." Abraham Lincoln

Every time a civilization begins mixing cultures, races, religions, etc. that civilization collapses. The passing of Killen is maybe just an opportunity to revisit a painful truth.

I’m watching the movie now. Not the first time of course but my opinion is there are hundreds maybe even thousands of white men who lynched innocent black people and didn’t deserve to live out long free happy lives but they did. This Edgar ray is just one of many evil southern men in the first half of the last century. Today their grandkids are republicans.

Yeah, maybe, but the Klan was all Democrat at one time. Remember George Wallace or Robert Byrd? Today everybody wants to be the greater negrophilist, but do you know the history here?

Before Charlottesville, Democrats voted for racist policies for more than 100 years
Yes, at one time. So now you know that the parties flipped. All those Democrats back then today vote GOP.

It's obvious when you watch the movie which characters would be voting for Trump and which ones would be voting for Biden. The white racists today vote GOP.

Both parties are racist. Unfortunately for the Democrats ALL they have in their current offerings is a hack politician promising special shit to non-whites and the LGBTQP community if they vote for him.

I don't know much about Edgar Ray Killen, but after reading this thread his motives may not have been about murder. I really don't know, but will look it up to see what was going on through his mind.

After watching Mississippi Burning it seems like whites wanted to make sure to keep blacks scared and in their place. They couldn't look at them wrong, they couldn't wink at a white woman. They couldn't drink from the same place or eat at the same counters. Back of the bus.

What Edgar's motives were are the same motives that all whites had back then. They wish they had slavery back that's for sure. And even the people in the south who never saw a lynching but knew who was doing the lynching, was guilty. That's why I say I agreed with Nat Turner's decision to go on a killing rampage and kill every white man woman and child he could get his hands on. No white was innocent. Little Eichmanns.

"As soon as it is admitted that the whites and the emancipated blacks are placed upon the same territory in the situation of two alien communities, it will readily be understood that there are but two alternatives for the future; the negroes and the whites must either wholly part or wholly mingle. I have already expressed the conviction which I entertain as to the latter event. I do not imagine that the white and black races will ever live in any country upon an equal footing." Abraham Lincoln

Every time a civilization begins mixing cultures, races, religions, etc. that civilization collapses. The passing of Killen is maybe just an opportunity to revisit a painful truth.

Nonsense. We've been mixing here in America for centuries. And it's not causing any problem. We could use more mixing and less black neighborhoods and white neighborhoods.

You said Every time a civilization begins mixing cultures, races, religions, etc. that civilization collapses.

This is bullshit. Here in Metro Detroit we have a problem because blacks in our inner cities are cut off from economic opportunity. The blacks who come out here to the suburbs and assimilate do just fine. It's the blacks who refuse to live near/talk/friend/date/ whites who have the problems. And the whites who move when the blacks move in are the problem.

Right now blacks should make up about 15% of every community. They'd be doing find if they came and mingled with us. Sent their kids to the same schools as our kids. Stopped talking eubonics with blacks. Have their friends fathers get them their first job.

You get the point. And the small percentage of white racists who don't like it that a couple blacks moved into the neighborhood will just have to get used to it.

Oh, and in Mississippi Burning I noticed at the Klan rallies they were telling the listeners in attendance how liberals from up north want to impose their commy ways on them and turn their communities into places like Chicago. Boy, you guys have been using Chicago as a punching bag for a long time now. And I hear USMB Republicans using the same arguments the Klan used. Interesting.

I think America is the first real time any country every really started mixing cultures. The spanish influence on our culture, the black influence. Notice how we have the best music and we win at the summer olympics all the time? That's not all because of white America.

And we've been mixing Greeks, Italians, Irish, Polish, English, Germans, Russians for how long? Is this bad?

Nonsense. We've been mixing here in America for centuries. And it's not causing any problem. We could use more mixing and less black neighborhoods and white neighborhoods.

You said Every time a civilization begins mixing cultures, races, religions, etc. that civilization collapses.

This is bullshit. Here in Metro Detroit we have a problem because blacks in our inner cities are cut off from economic opportunity. The blacks who come out here to the suburbs and assimilate do just fine. It's the blacks who refuse to live near/talk/friend/date/ whites who have the problems. And the whites who move when the blacks move in are the problem.

Right now blacks should make up about 15% of every community. They'd be doing find if they came and mingled with us. Sent their kids to the same schools as our kids. Stopped talking eubonics with blacks. Have their friends fathers get them their first job.

You get the point. And the small percentage of white racists who don't like it that a couple blacks moved into the neighborhood will just have to get used to it.

Oh, and in Mississippi Burning I noticed at the Klan rallies they were telling the listeners in attendance how liberals from up north want to impose their commy ways on them and turn their communities into places like Chicago. Boy, you guys have been using Chicago as a punching bag for a long time now. And I hear USMB Republicans using the same arguments the Klan used. Interesting.

That's a hoot. You've focused on the blacks, but not the plight of the whites. You don't mention the subtle, but real genocide of the entire race. Maybe that is what Killen feared. He did the wrong things for the right reason.

I think America is the first real time any country every really started mixing cultures. The spanish influence on our culture, the black influence. Notice how we have the best music and we win at the summer olympics all the time? That's not all because of white America.

And we've been mixing Greeks, Italians, Irish, Polish, English, Germans, Russians for how long? Is this bad?

Regardless of country of origin, America was founded on the twin pillars of race and religion. In the first naturalization law of this country, only free white people of good character were allowed to become citizens. Today, just like with the fall of the Roman Empire, we are seeing the mixing of cultures, races, etc. and the whole damn country is coming apart as non-whites seek the absolute eradication of the Posterity of the founders / framers of the United States AND the culture / values that helped form this Republic are now considered bad things. I'm sensing you don't know a lot about history.

That's a hoot. You've focused on the blacks, but not the plight of the whites. You don't mention the subtle, but real genocide of the entire race. Maybe that is what Killen feared. He did the wrong things for the right reason.

Who gives a fuck what color your great grand kids are? Us Greeks do the same thing. We try to get our kids to marry other Greeks. I get it. But honestly, who cares if one of my nephews marries a black person? Will I love their child any less? Fuck no.

And if Mexicans become 30% of our population and blacks 30% and whites only 40%, so fucking what? Do you really care if in 200 years whites still have all the money? I don't in fact it would be nice to know that sometime in the future we made things more fair for minorities. Maybe they wouldn't act like 2nd class citizens if we didn't treat them like 2nd class citizens.

And I remember when I was a kid you whites didn't like us Greeks. But today I'm white too. All you had to do was get over my long greek last name.

Who gives a fuck what color your great grand kids are? Us Greeks do the same thing. We try to get our kids to marry other Greeks. I get it. But honestly, who cares if one of my nephews marries a black person? Will I love their child any less? Fuck no.

And if Mexicans become 30% of our population and blacks 30% and whites only 40%, so fucking what? Do you really care if in 200 years whites still have all the money? I don't in fact it would be nice to know that sometime in the future we made things more fair for minorities. Maybe they wouldn't act like 2nd class citizens if we didn't treat them like 2nd class citizens.

And I remember when I was a kid you whites didn't like us Greeks. But today I'm white too. All you had to do was get over my long greek last name.

If it weren't for the fuck word, it appears that you wouldn't have much of a vocabulary. Let's be brutally honest and blunt here:

Liberals tell me that race is a social construct. Then if you get a conversation going about sex, black dudes will tell you how long their scholng is. Ah yes, then they claim there is some inherent racial difference. So, sealy, what do you think? So, if one race has an advantage in that department (or do they??) then, what would be so evil if we found that some races have different attributes?

It must matter. We have a whole month set aside for Black History Month. On tv, the blacks want to crow. And all that crowing is about being the first black to do this, that or the other. And all those accomplishments were done in the United States. Didn't they ever accomplish anything outside of the United States? If not, how come? If they did accomplish something outside the United States of America and IF race is a social construct, why do we need an entire month for black people to celebrate their racial accomplishments? You shouldn't get any special recognition for stuff like that if race is a social construct. They get to be proud of their accomplishments. They get to have predominantly black colleges.

If all of this didn't make a difference, there would not be a push by extremist organizations to remove the statues, plaques and memorials from public places. The liberals would not be behind efforts to change the names of streets and schools so as to erase the white man's history. People wouldn't feign being offended by Confederate flags flying while the Japanese flag doesn't evoke any special feelings. How many Americans did the Japanese torture and kill during WWII? If race didn't matter, we wouldn't be all about changing the faces of our nation's currency. If it doesn't matter, how come we're going to change the faces of who is on our currency when that money could better be spent on finding a cure for the corona virus?

Only months after the Constitution was ratified, the first naturalization law was passed. It required all new citizens to be free white people of good character. Today, a host of countries are homogeneous. Japan claims that they are the most racially pure nation on the planet while North Korea, South Korea, and China are all over 98 percent ONE people. Zimbabwe is 99.7 percent black. Those countries have no whites, blacks, or Jews trying to run their country and making those countries a racial / cultural hodgepodge. What do you suppose is so different about the whites?

Cultural integrity does matter. Most people on this planet want their children and grandchildren to hold onto the cultural values. They want to pass down the values and experiences that made them who they are. Every human being has an innate desire to belong to a group. That's why you go to the mall and some t shirt or jersey that cost all of a dollar or two for the manufacturer to make is selling for fifty bucks at the mall. People want to be associated with a team. Kids join gangs because they want to belong. And a lot of us want to belong to a race because it is the race that builds any given civilization.

Science has people with DNA, forensics, etc. specialties that can look at a few pieces of bone and tell you what race a person was, what family they belonged to and give you a history of their people. Don't try to tell me it doesn't matter. It matters who you are. Muslims enter the United States with their extremist view that they either change you or kill you. Why is it so important to change people to their view? They know certain people, on the whole, won't do it. The overwhelming majority of whites won't change. It's important to them. In the real world, we are supposed to have tolerance for every race, creed, color, nationality, religion, political belief, sexual orientation, etc. EXCEPT one. There is only one group of people that have to buy the political horseshit that you want us to believe you're not supposed to believe. Every one else is entitled to their opinions on race, culture, etc. That one people who are FORCED to believe that they must believe, on pain of death, that we should be one big melting pot - a one world, one race, one religion mythical utopia are the white people. If anyone out there wants to know why, that answer was provided in a 1630 sermon by John Winthrop on a ship called the Arbella as it sailed toward the new world that would become America:

https://www.casa-arts.org/cms/lib/PA01925203/Centricity/Domain/50/A Model of Christian Charity.pdf

Maybe Killen did the wrong thing for the right reasons after all.

If it weren't for the fuck word, it appears that you wouldn't have much of a vocabulary. Let's be brutally honest and blunt here:

Liberals tell me that race is a social construct. Then if you get a conversation going about sex, black dudes will tell you how long their scholng is. Ah yes, then they claim there is some inherent racial difference. So, sealy, what do you think? So, if one race has an advantage in that department (or do they??) then, what would be so evil if we found that some races have different attributes?

It must matter. We have a whole month set aside for Black History Month. On tv, the blacks want to crow. And all that crowing is about being the first black to do this, that or the other. And all those accomplishments were done in the United States. Didn't they ever accomplish anything outside of the United States? If not, how come? If they did accomplish something outside the United States of America and IF race is a social construct, why do we need an entire month for black people to celebrate their racial accomplishments? You shouldn't get any special recognition for stuff like that if race is a social construct. They get to be proud of their accomplishments. They get to have predominantly black colleges.

If all of this didn't make a difference, there would not be a push by extremist organizations to remove the statues, plaques and memorials from public places. The liberals would not be behind efforts to change the names of streets and schools so as to erase the white man's history. People wouldn't feign being offended by Confederate flags flying while the Japanese flag doesn't evoke any special feelings. How many Americans did the Japanese torture and kill during WWII? If race didn't matter, we wouldn't be all about changing the faces of our nation's currency. If it doesn't matter, how come we're going to change the faces of who is on our currency when that money could better be spent on finding a cure for the corona virus?

Only months after the Constitution was ratified, the first naturalization law was passed. It required all new citizens to be free white people of good character. Today, a host of countries are homogeneous. Japan claims that they are the most racially pure nation on the planet while North Korea, South Korea, and China are all over 98 percent ONE people. Zimbabwe is 99.7 percent black. Those countries have no whites, blacks, or Jews trying to run their country and making those countries a racial / cultural hodgepodge. What do you suppose is so different about the whites?

Cultural integrity does matter. Most people on this planet want their children and grandchildren to hold onto the cultural values. They want to pass down the values and experiences that made them who they are. Every human being has an innate desire to belong to a group. That's why you go to the mall and some t shirt or jersey that cost all of a dollar or two for the manufacturer to make is selling for fifty bucks at the mall. People want to be associated with a team. Kids join gangs because they want to belong. And a lot of us want to belong to a race because it is the race that builds any given civilization.

Science has people with DNA, forensics, etc. specialties that can look at a few pieces of bone and tell you what race a person was, what family they belonged to and give you a history of their people. Don't try to tell me it doesn't matter. It matters who you are. Muslims enter the United States with their extremist view that they either change you or kill you. Why is it so important to change people to their view? They know certain people, on the whole, won't do it. The overwhelming majority of whites won't change. It's important to them. In the real world, we are supposed to have tolerance for every race, creed, color, nationality, religion, political belief, sexual orientation, etc. EXCEPT one. There is only one group of people that have to buy the political horseshit that you want us to believe you're not supposed to believe. Every one else is entitled to their opinions on race, culture, etc. That one people who are FORCED to believe that they must believe, on pain of death, that we should be one big melting pot - a one world, one race, one religion mythical utopia are the white people. If anyone out there wants to know why, that answer was provided in a 1630 sermon by John Winthrop on a ship called the Arbella as it sailed toward the new world that would become America:

https://www.casa-arts.org/cms/lib/PA01925203/Centricity/Domain/50/A Model of Christian Charity.pdf

Fair enough. Good post. I may not agree with it all but good response.

One thing I'll say. Our parents want us to hold on to their cultural values. How's that working out? They were racists, homophobic, wife beaters.

And remember the hippy movement in the 60's? Every generation looks at the next generation and says the culture is going to shit.

And white Americans worried when Italians started coming over. Then us Greeks. You guys didn't like us because we kept to ourselves and continued to speak Greek. But like you white racists, our parents told us to marry Greeks. Don't marry white American women. They'll cheat on you or divorce you. Look at Americas divorce culture. Is it over 50% still? And how many of our kids are having kids out of wedlock? Today's white youth is living in their parents basement playing Xbox.

So you can want all you want. In 2 generations your grandkids will be nothing like you. They might even have some latino or black in them. Or asian. Get over it.

All those years of keeping that scum alive and finally he gets the death penalty. Just like Charles Manson, live much longer than they should of. But hey liberals don't like the death penalty because those guilty sons of bitches could one day be them.

Actually, it is cheaper, much cheaper, to give the guilty Life in Prison without Parole than it is the Death Penalty.

Why the Death Penalty Costs More Than Life in Prison

Also it is much more cruel, if you are into making the prisoners miserable. The person sentenced to Death has publicly funded Lawyers working on his case, and in all honesty, about 1/3 of Death Penalty cases are overturned. That is by your Conservative Courts. Mistakes in the trial that require a second, or third trial. Errors that require another trial. Or evidence showing that the accused is really Not Guilty of the crime. You may argue we just need to get rid of those damned appeals and all that, but obviously we don’t.

We don’t because many times we find that the person we convicted, was not guilty. Several hundred have been freed based upon DNA evidence. The DNA clearly shows they were not the baddie who did the despicable. If you want to punish the guilty, what good does it do to execute the innocent? So obviously, all the reviews, and appeals, need to remain because they find we were mistaken more often than we care to admit. Unless you are cool with executing innocents, in which case, by what moral or ethical right do you punish someone for murder by carrying out your own murder of an innocent?

So it is cheaper to throw them in a hole, and let them rot. I also said it was more cruel. It is. Because life in Prison is not automatically entitled to a series of reviews. All defense actions would have to be privately funded. This reduces the cost to the taxpayer, the people you purport to be interested in, by at least half, and probably more. Only one set of lawyers is paid by the taxpayer.

People forget about him. People forget he is there. It isn’t months left to act, or weeks, or days, it is who cares? In time, the prisoner just dies and is a footnote to history. Prisoner 45655 passed from congenital heart disease. Buried at potters field in a pine box.

So if you really want to punish them, life is better. If you really want to save money, life is cheaper. What say you about that?

Actually, it is cheaper, much cheaper, to give the guilty Life in Prison without Parole than it is the Death Penalty.

Also it is much more cruel, if you are into making the prisoners miserable. The person sentenced to Death has publicly funded Lawyers working on his case, and in all honesty, about 1/3 of Death Penalty cases are overturned. That is by your Conservative Courts. Mistakes in the trial that require a second, or third trial. Errors that require another trial. Or evidence showing that the accused is really Not Guilty of the crime. You may argue we just need to get rid of those damned appeals and all that, but obviously we don’t.

We don’t because many times we find that the person we convicted, was not guilty. Several hundred have been freed based upon DNA evidence. The DNA clearly shows they were not the baddie who did the despicable. If you want to punish the guilty, what good does it do to execute the innocent? So obviously, all the reviews, and appeals, need to remain because they find we were mistaken more often than we care to admit. Unless you are cool with executing innocents, in which case, by what moral or ethical right do you punish someone for murder by carrying out your own murder of an innocent?

So it is cheaper to throw them in a hole, and let them rot. I also said it was more cruel. It is. Because life in Prison is not automatically entitled to a series of reviews. All defense actions would have to be privately funded. This reduces the cost to the taxpayer, the people you purport to be interested in, by at least half, and probably more. Only one set of lawyers is paid by the taxpayer.

People forget about him. People forget he is there. It isn’t months left to act, or weeks, or days, it is who cares? In time, the prisoner just dies and is a footnote to history. Prisoner 45655 passed from congenital heart disease. Buried at potters field in a pine box.

So if you really want to punish them, life is better. If you really want to save money, life is cheaper. What say you about that?
Yeah, sure it is, all the rest of their lives they are trying to find a way to escape and if they do, then is it still cheaper? Back in the day when someone was caught rustling up cattle they put a noose around the villian's neck then a short drop that ended in a quick stop, and that was that. No repeat offenders...No, liberal compassion is all about putting people away in cages, real humane of you, coddling them, while the victims of the crime are dead and their families suffer for the rest of their lives. Again, liberals hate innocent people but sure do love their criminals....

Yeah, sure it is, all the rest of their lives they are trying to find a way to escape and if they do, then is it still cheaper? Back in the day when someone was caught rustling up cattle they put a noose around the villian's neck then a short drop that ended in a quick stop, and that was that. No repeat offenders...No, liberal compassion is all about putting people away in cages, real humane of you, coddling them, while the victims of the crime are dead and their families suffer for the rest of their lives. Again, liberals hate innocent people but sure do love their criminals....

Wow, I guess you missed the cruel thing. But let’s go with your Rustling situation. How many innocents were lynched? Tell us about the great Western Hero’s like Tom Horn.

The truth is a lot different than you paint it. It might work for the simple minded, but it doesn’t work on someone who knows the facts.

For example, your beloved Western Towns that lynched rustlers, also required people to surrender their weapons. What we know now to be a clear violation of the 2nd Amendment. Would you support a return to those western days when you handed over your weapon as you entered town?

They lynched folks for a lot of reasons. They lynched them for raising sheep. They were murdered by guns for hire for getting a Homestead and taking land, and water, from the power barons of the era. The old west wasn’t as violent as Movies make it out to be, but it wasn’t a bastion of justice and truth either.

Fair enough. Good post. I may not agree with it all but good response.

One thing I'll say. Our parents want us to hold on to their cultural values. How's that working out? They were racists, homophobic, wife beaters.

And remember the hippy movement in the 60's? Every generation looks at the next generation and says the culture is going to shit.

And white Americans worried when Italians started coming over. Then us Greeks. You guys didn't like us because we kept to ourselves and continued to speak Greek. But like you white racists, our parents told us to marry Greeks. Don't marry white American women. They'll cheat on you or divorce you. Look at Americas divorce culture. Is it over 50% still? And how many of our kids are having kids out of wedlock? Today's white youth is living in their parents basement playing Xbox.

So you can want all you want. In 2 generations your grandkids will be nothing like you. They might even have some latino or black in them. Or asian. Get over it.

History is cyclical. But, there is always those who do not accept the status quo... which is why history can be cyclical.

In early America, a lot of people were singled out at one time or another. It was proposed that the Germans be locked out because they were becoming too predominant. We discriminated against the Italians; the Irish were once the negroes of America. Even when you get away from America, people fight to belong to something and race is always important. The dark skinned Hutus murdered 800,000 lighter skinned Tutsis and moderate (racially mixed) Hutus using skin color as a basis to profile people. Sure to form, the Tutsis and their lighter skin Hutu supporters were not the same race as the Hutus. It's much like Barack Obama being descended from a black father and a white mother, but taking the cultural values of the black culture of his father.

Then, again, black genes are predominant over white genes at a ratio of 4 to 1. Children of inter-racial marriages tend to grow up in the black culture and identifying as black as opposed to white. I can look back several generations to one of my ancestors, Arthur Middleton. He was the eldest signers of the Declaration of Independence. I see a strong physical resemblance to him in pictures AND, I championed some of the same values he felt strongly about before I knew his history or the connection. So, while there are differences, there are also commonalities - in race and in ideology.

I left a link to a sermon that was delivered in 1630. It clearly lays out why my ancestors came to this country and it speaks directly to their destiny. Portions of that sermon have been used by American leaders including, but not limited to JFK and Ronald Reagan. These values are unknown outside of white Christian civilization for the most part. A good example is that "in 2010 the U.S. sent out one out of every four missionaries—-127,000 of the world’s estimated 400,000 missionaries."

https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/...-christian-missionaries-than-any-other-count/

Two hundred years ago, white Christians constituted over 90 percent of ALL the world's missionaries. The whole idea of sending missionaries out into foreign countries came from the United States. All of that began in 1806 (when only whites could become citizens of the United States.) Today, those objectives are ridiculed... honestly a pedophile is treated with more respect and acceptance than the traditional white Christian family of father, mother, biological children and the house with a picket fence. The more third worlders we naturalize, the farther we get from the foundational principles that made America the greatest nation in the annals of history. And,if things were so damn good in the crap hole people like Ilhan Abdullahi Omar came from, why did she leave? She wants to change America to be like Somalia.

I'm satisfied with the goals and objectives that my forefathers worked toward. Things may change, but some things will remain the same. A remnant will still be here once that NEW WORLD ORDER causes the nation to collapse. Whites will reemerge. The me too generation, x generation, mixed race society, and anti -white intolerance will pass. My destiny cannot be changed, however. Neither can the destiny of our people.

Wow, I guess you missed the cruel thing. But let’s go with your Rustling situation. How many innocents were lynched? Tell us about the great Western Hero’s like Tom Horn.

The truth is a lot different than you paint it. It might work for the simple minded, but it doesn’t work on someone who knows the facts.

For example, your beloved Western Towns that lynched rustlers, also required people to surrender their weapons. What we know now to be a clear violation of the 2nd Amendment. Would you support a return to those western days when you handed over your weapon as you entered town?

They lynched folks for a lot of reasons. They lynched them for raising sheep. They were murdered by guns for hire for getting a Homestead and taking land, and water, from the power barons of the era. The old west wasn’t as violent as Movies make it out to be, but it wasn’t a bastion of justice and truth either.
Not that many, and yes, in today's society with scientific DNA testing, you have 100% chance of proving the criminal did it.

Not that many, and yes, in today's society with scientific DNA testing, you have 100% chance of proving the criminal did it.

Tell you what, I’ll meet you half way on this. I’ll support your insane call for immediate execution of sentence. You support this caveat. If it turns out later, that the individual was innocent, then the Jury, Prosecutor, Cops, and Judge are all executed for committing murder.

Because nothing is ever 100%. In the link I provided, roughly 1/3 of the convictions were overturned on review. So your 100% certain, turns out to be true in no more than 2/3 of the cases. So using your standards, we would execute one innocent for every two guilty people, at best.

If that doesn’t give you a moment’s pause, then you are the worst sort of person. The kind that sits in the jury thinking that the accused must have done something to end up here. The innocence Project, a group of people who operate on donations, unlike your cops, prosecutors and that sort, has exonerated more than 350 people, 21 on death row. Twenty one innocents that you would have happily put to death for crimes they did not commit.

And as for your Western Lynchings being not that much regarding innocents. How many innocents is acceptable? Blackwell said that it was better for a thousand guilty to go free rather than one innocent get sent to prison. You seem to believe that it would be better for one thousand innocents to be put to death, to keep one guilty from going free.

One innocent put to death is too many. One innocent serving time for a crime they did not commit, is too many. A private group has freed more than 350.

So do I have your support? Will you hold the Jury, Prosecutors, Judges, and Cops responsible if an innocent is put to death? Or will you just shrug and say that bastard must have been guilty of something?

Tell you what, I’ll meet you half way on this. I’ll support your insane call for immediate execution of sentence. You support this caveat. If it turns out later, that the individual was innocent, then the Jury, Prosecutor, Cops, and Judge are all executed for committing murder.

Because nothing is ever 100%. In the link I provided, roughly 1/3 of the convictions were overturned on review. So your 100% certain, turns out to be true in no more than 2/3 of the cases. So using your standards, we would execute one innocent for every two guilty people, at best.

If that doesn’t give you a moment’s pause, then you are the worst sort of person. The kind that sits in the jury thinking that the accused must have done something to end up here. The innocence Project, a group of people who operate on donations, unlike your cops, prosecutors and that sort, has exonerated more than 350 people, 21 on death row. Twenty one innocents that you would have happily put to death for crimes they did not commit.

And as for your Western Lynchings being not that much regarding innocents. How many innocents is acceptable? Blackwell said that it was better for a thousand guilty to go free rather than one innocent get sent to prison. You seem to believe that it would be better for one thousand innocents to be put to death, to keep one guilty from going free.

One innocent put to death is too many. One innocent serving time for a crime they did not commit, is too many. A private group has freed more than 350.

So do I have your support? Will you hold the Jury, Prosecutors, Judges, and Cops responsible if an innocent is put to death? Or will you just shrug and say that bastard must have been guilty of something?
So what your saying is that "science isnt settled", even with DNA being such a sure thing?

I wonder how many innocents have been murdered in the name of justice, when a murderer who should of been executed, publicly by hanging, was allowed to go 20 years, then kill again once out? Does that bother you in the least bit or are you one of these?

How to spot a sociopath - 10 red flags that could save you from being swept under the influence of a charismatic nut job
#3) Sociopaths are incapable of feeling shame, guilt or remorse. Their brains simply lack the circuitry to process such emotions. This allows them to betray people, threaten people or harm people without giving it a second thought. They pursue any action that serves their own self interest even if it seriously harms others.

I’m watching the movie now. Not the first time of course but my opinion is there are hundreds maybe even thousands of white men who lynched innocent black people and didn’t deserve to live out long free happy lives .

Ha ha. Yep Hollywood is THE place to get a historical perspective.

So what your saying is that "science isnt settled", even with DNA being such a sure thing?

I wonder how many innocents have been murdered in the name of justice, when a murderer who should of been executed, publicly by hanging, was allowed to go 20 years, then kill again once out? Does that bother you in the least bit or are you one of these?

How to spot a sociopath - 10 red flags that could save you from being swept under the influence of a charismatic nut job
#3) Sociopaths are incapable of feeling shame, guilt or remorse. Their brains simply lack the circuitry to process such emotions. This allows them to betray people, threaten people or harm people without giving it a second thought. They pursue any action that serves their own self interest even if it seriously harms others.

Oh you want to make this a discussion on Recivitism. Excellent. Why have we not embraced techniques and programs that are in use elsewhere that reduce recidivism? As one example, Norway has a Recivitism rate of 20% while ours is 75%. If reducing repeat offenders is your goal, why not consider programs that work elsewhere? Unless you want to hang every shoplifter of course.

Blathering nonsense. Would be just as accurate to say that cons didn't want the death penalty here because they share too much in common with the convicted, and are now mourning his death.

Forum List

Back