Easter Weekend marred by "gun violence" in three separate mass shootings.

3 strikes law in California.
Ths is not an examnple of a state law overriding a city's discrewtion on enforcement and prosecutorial policies.
Feel free to try again
Cities provide the most victims and opportunities for crime with also being the place easier to hide from the police. Cities also are where gangs are
Interesting.
So you agree that demographics have more to do with crime than gun control laws.
Good for you.

Ths is not an examnple of a state law overriding a city's discrewtion on enforcement and prosecutorial policies.
Feel free to try again

Interesting.
So you agree that demographics have more to do with crime than gun control laws.
Good for you.
Sure it is. I want you to deny that the state has legal jurisdiction over any city in it

Just deny that

I didn't even mention demographics

Sure it is.
It's not.
Its an example of a state requirement for sentencing after a third offense.
It's -not- an example of a state overriding a city's discretion on discrewtion on enforcement and prosecutorial policies.
I didn't even mention demographics
You did.
Population density is a demographic.
Gang membership is a demographic.
And so, demographics have more effect on crime than gun control.

It's not.
Its an example of a state requirement for sentencing after a third offense.
It's -not- an example of a state overriding a city's discretion on discrewtion on enforcement and prosecutorial policies.

You did.
Population density is a demographic.
Gang membership is a demographic.
And so, demographics have more effect on crime than gun control.
My state has a law that no Confederate statutes can be torn down in any city. Clearly states have jurisdiction over cities.

You only mentioned two demographics which have impacts on all crime

You make the case traffic control doesnt work. Lol

My state has a law that no Confederate statutes can be torn down in any city. Clearly states have jurisdiction over cities.
That's the best you can do?
I accept your concession.
You only mentioned two demographics which have impacts on all crime
Yes - the demongraphics you claim are the reason cities have more crime that urban areas.
Demographics. not gun control.

That's the best you can do?
I accept your concession.

Yes - the demongraphics you claim are the reason cities have more crime that urban areas.
Demographics. not gun control.
I see you cant deny that states have jurisdiction over cities. Good it would be foolish to do so.

I'm glad you agree that crime happens mostly in cities. That is where we should focus gun control

republicans are easy on assault weapons and guns. anyone can get them.
Let's be clear. State law has jurisdiction over city laws. The state can make any law it wants apply to any city

It's on the state

Moron.....the cities control their police.....and the democrats have been attacking the police, non-stop since 2015.....and the democrat party State's Attorneys are granting bail, and releasing criminals from jail and prison with a revolving door...especially for the most violent gun offenders...

Moron.....the cities control their police.....and the democrats have been attacking the police, non-stop since 2015.....and the democrat party State's Attorneys are granting bail, and releasing criminals from jail and prison with a revolving door...especially for the most violent gun offenders...
Read slowly. The police have to answer to state laws. So do district attorneys. The state has jurisdiction within its borders

Just deny that

I see you cant deny that states have jurisdiction over cities. Good it would be foolish to do so.
Good to see you have given up on you claim that states have the power to override a city's discretion on enforcement and prosecutorial policies, as such a position is foolish.
I'm glad you agree that crime happens mostly in cities. That is where we should focus gun control
As there is no necessary relationship between gun control laws and lower crime rates, this position is unsupportable nonsense.

Good to se you have given up on you claim that states have the power to override a city's discretion on enforcement and prosecutorial policies, as such a position is foolish.

As there is no necessary relationship between gun control laws and lwer crime rates, this position is unsupportable nonsense.
I'm glad you agree gun control is the best solution to reduce gun deaths in this country

Thanks

Read slowly. The police have to answer to state laws. So do district attorneys. The state has jurisdiction within its borders

Just deny that

No....they don't......State's Attorneys have discretion in who they actually press charges against......and who the ask for no bail release......then you have the judges giving no bail release, low bail release, and just letting the violent criminals walk out the door.

No....they don't......State's Attorneys have discretion in who they actually press charges against......and who the ask for no bail release......then you have the judges giving no bail release, low bail release, and just letting the violent criminals walk out the door.
State attorneys work for the state.

States can set any laws they like on bail and plea bargains

You have not yet hit on why they wont do it

Forum List

Back