Earth's Magnetic Field Is Weakening And May Be Gone By Year 3000

james bond

Gold Member
Oct 17, 2015
This subject isn't one to come up daily, but could be important nevertheless. With me, it started because one of the theories given by creation scientists for a young earth is the rapid decay of earth's magnetic field. In 1883, Horace Lamb "postulated that the field was the remnant of some original event and that the decay of this field produced currents which slowed down the decay rate. He developed a rigid mathematical basis for his model using the well-known results of Michael Faraday, the principle of self-induction (inducing a current in a path of good conduction when a field is left to decay).

p12_eq1.gif
and
p12_eq2.gif
"

Afterwards, around the 1980s, Thomas Lamb was able to collect more data and he, too, predicted the potential decay of the magnetic field. All of this to back up the earth being around 6,000 years old.

The facts are the Earth's magnetic field is still weakening.

What the secular (atheist) scientists have stated is that the Earth's magnetic field is a dynamo and that we are going through a pole reversal, i.e. the magnetic N pole, which is negative, becomes positive, and the magnetic S pole becomes negative. This means the field will be weakening, but since the Earth has been around for 4.5 B years, the dynamo will generate the strength back up again. What this dynamo is and how it works isn't made clear.

I just recently discovered that the Earth's moon and Mars have lost their magnetic fields. Doesn't this mean that Earth's magnetic field isn't a dynamo? What are the differences between Earth's vs Mars vs Earth's moon? It means that I don't want to colonize the moon nor Mars.

The magnetic field protects the earth as a shield and prevents the loss of our atmosphere. It protects us from the harsh solar winds and radiation from the sun. It will likely lead to a loss of our atmosphere.

Creation scientists believe that the earth's magnetic field was given by God, has been decaying and will run out around year 3000. Others think it will last another 16,000 years or so. I don't think there's any argument about the earth's magnetic field weakening.

Evidence of Earth's magnetic field weakening. The EU launched a trio of satellites to study and track Earth's magnetic field in 2013 because they thought the magnetic field was weakening and wanted to know why.

The Earth’s Magnetic Field

Last edited:
Further evidence of the magnetic field weakening.

"Earth is such a habitable place, thanks in no small part to the vast magnetic field that surrounds our planet, shielding us from harsh solar winds and cosmic radiation.

But scientists have been investigating one of the most powerful geomagnetic storms in recent history, and they’ve discovered that our protective barrier isn’t as secure as we thought it was. Turns out, our magnetosphere has been cracked.

Researchers have been analysing data from the GRAPES-3 muon telescope in Ooty, India, which recorded a massive burst of galactic cosmic rays on 22 June 2015.

For 2 hours, Earth’s magnetosphere was being bombarded by these particles, which emit immensely high-energy radiation, and travel through space at nearly the speed of light.

These things are so powerful, they can easily penetrate the hull of a spacecraft, and Earth’s magnetic shield is our first line of defence against them."

Scientists Have Detected a Crack in Earth's Magnetic Shield

This subject isn't one to come up daily, but could be important nevertheless. With me, it started because one of the theories given by creation scientists for a young earth is the rapid decay of earth's magnetic field. In 1883, Horace Lamb "postulated that the field was the remnant of some original event and that the decay of this field produced currents which slowed down the decay rate. He developed a rigid mathematical basis for his model using the well-known results of Michael Faraday, the principle of self-induction (inducing a current in a path of good conduction when a field is left to decay).

p12_eq1.gif
and
p12_eq2.gif
"

Afterwards, around the 1980s, Thomas Lamb was able to collect more data and he, too, predicted the potential decay of the magnetic field. All of this to back up the earth being around 6,000 years old.

What the secular (atheist) scientists have stated is that the Earth's magnetic field is a dynamo and that we are going through a pole reversal, i.e. the magnetic N pole, which is negative, becomes positive, and the magnetic S pole becomes negative. This means the field will be weakening, but since the Earth has been around for 4.5 B years, the dynamo will generate the strength back up again. What this dynamo is and how it works isn't made clear.

I just recently discovered that the Earth's moon and Mars have lost their magnetic fields. Doesn't this mean that Earth's magnetic field isn't a dynamo? What are the differences between Earth's vs Mars vs Earth's moon? It means that I don't want to colonize the moon nor Mars.

The magnetic field protects the earth as a shield and prevents the loss of our atmosphere. It protects us from the harsh solar winds and radiation from the sun. It will likely lead to a loss of our atmosphere.

Creation scientists believe that the earth's magnetic field was given by God, has been decaying and will run out around year 3000. Others think it will last another 16,000 years or so. I don't think there's any argument about the earth's magnetic field weakening.

Evidence of Earth's magnetic field weakening. The EU launched a trio of satellites to study and track Earth's magnetic field in 2013 because they thought the magnetic field was weakening and wanted to know why.

The alternating magnetic stripes on the seafloor indicate it's a lot older than that.

p12_eq1.gif
and
p12_eq2.gif
"

The alternating magnetic stripes on the seafloor indicate it's a lot older than that.

This is the claim of secular scientists, but there's no evidence of the polarity of the poles reversing. What happens is the magnetic bits of the earth reverse itself in igneous matter. Also, they reverse when the ground liquefies during an earthquake. Secular scientists are wrong about it.

Simple experiment to explain magnetic reversals in the igneous layers.

p12_eq1.gif
and
p12_eq2.gif
"

This is the claim of secular scientists, but there's no evidence of the polarity of the poles reversing. What happens is the magnetic bits of the earth reverse itself in igneous matter. Also, they reverse when the ground liquefies during an earthquake. Secular scientists are wrong about it.

This is the claim of secular scientists, but there's no evidence of the polarity of the poles reversing.

What is the creationist explanation for the alternating stripes?

What happens is the magnetic bits of the earth reverse itself in igneous matter.

Heat tends to cause magnetism to disappear.

Also, they reverse when the ground liquefies during an earthquake

Why would a random shaking cause them to all align in the same direction?
Why would that direction be opposite the previous direction?

'Science is based on experiments.'

I love it.

So, then, if no experiments have been conducted with black holes, they don't exist. Sounds fair.

p12_eq1.gif
and
p12_eq2.gif
"

Please explain.

p12_eq1.gif
and
p12_eq2.gif
"

Humans will be long gone by then.

p12_eq1.gif
and
p12_eq2.gif
"

Also they have found iron particles in sedimentary rock up in the Andes, that had aligned themselves in a different direction when the earths poles were in a different position.
Magnetism in Rocks

p12_eq1.gif
and
p12_eq2.gif
"

Please explain.

We can see the sea floor spreading. Have an idea how quickly it happens.
All the new sea floor, closest to the rift, is magnetized in agreement with current N/S poles.
The older sea floor, further from the rift, is magnetized in the opposite orientation.
Then, a bit further away from the rift, it's back to the current orientation.

Why the differences? If the poles have always been N/S, as they are today, shouldn't the
entire sea floor have an identical orientation?

...further from the rift, is magnetized in the opposite orientation. Then, a bit further away from the rift, it's back to the current orientation. Why the differences? If the poles have always been N/S, as they are today, shouldn't the
The science buzz these days is that the polls reversed as recently as 41K years ago, during which modern man made it through ok.

...further from the rift, is magnetized in the opposite orientation. Then, a bit further away from the rift, it's back to the current orientation. Why the differences? If the poles have always been N/S, as they are today, shouldn't the
The science buzz these days is that the polls reversed as recently as 41K years ago, during which modern man made it through ok.

Except we had to get all new iPhones........

p12_eq1.gif
and
p12_eq2.gif
"

What's going to happen?

p12_eq1.gif
and
p12_eq2.gif
"

What's going to happen?

Lots of possibilities, nuclear holocaust being the most likely

Forum List

Back