Earth just had hottest 12 months in recorded history

Abu and I are not the same person.

We (my wife and I) own three houses. Two have typical suburban lawns, one is 1.5 acres of woods. All three have large butterfly gardens.

Have you been voting for candidates who accept mainstream science?
My typo there. I know you and "abu afuk" are two different persons, but carbon copy mindsets.

I vote for candidates whom accept REAL science, not political agenda Leftist driven propaganda "science".

A reminder, we 'have' to accept you are what you say, have what you claim, but I have my doubts. Also, "typical suburban lawns" do very little on 'carbon sequestration' and 'butterfly gardens' only cover a small percentage of pollinator range. Try doing something for the various types of bees as well, especially any local honeybee colonies.

My typo there. I know you and "abu afuk" are two different persons, but carbon copy mindsets.
Similarities. Not copies.
I vote for candidates whom accept REAL science, not political agenda Leftist driven propaganda "science".
So they accept the IPCC conclusions. Excellent.
A reminder, we 'have' to accept you are what you say, have what you claim, but I have my doubts.
You don't have to. I don't accept that Billy Boy is an atmospheric physicist or employed conducting any form of research. There are other posters who tend to exaggerate their qualifications. I try to simply state my experience and not make any judgements about qualification. However, I did have classes in a lot of subjects that apply to the topic: thermodynamics, heat transfer, physics, chemistry and five different classes in oceanography. Many posters here have not had such course material and it shows.
Also, "typical suburban lawns" do very little on 'carbon sequestration'
If you're looking for permanent sequestration, no plant does any. It is all released when the plant decomposes. If you buried the plant deep enough, you could put it away for a while, but if it decomposes on or near the surface, there is absolutely nothing gained.
and 'butterfly gardens' only cover a small percentage of pollinator range.
But they're pretty.
Try doing something for the various types of bees as well, especially any local honeybee colonies.
Good idea. We have some bee plants but I'm sure we're not doing enough. We use no pesticides or herbicides, which helps some., but we're getting a little old to get much done in the way of landscaping or xeriscaping.

That seems about right.

1700184720300.png

"...In the global climate models (GCMs) most of the warming that has taken place since 1950 is attributed to human activity. Historically, however, there have been large climatic variations. Temperature reconstructions indicate that there is a ‘warming’ trend that seems to have been going on for as long as approximately 400 years. Prior to the last 250 years or so, such a trend could only be due to natural causes..."

"...Kobashi et al. (2011) have reconstructed Greenland surface snow temperature variability over the past 4,000 years (until 1993) at the GISP2 site (near the Summit of the Greenland ice sheet) with a new method that utilizes argon and nitrogen isotopic ratios from occluded air bubbles (Figure B4, Appendix B). These data indicate that warmer temperatures were the norm in the earlier part of the past 4,000 years, including century-long intervals nearly 1°C warmer than the decade (2001-2010). Therefore, it appears that the current decadal mean temperature in Greenland has not exceeded the envelope of natural variability over the past 4,000 years. Schönwiese (1995)has reconstructed temperatures from ice cores in Greenland for the last 11,000 years (Figure B5,Appendix B). These reconstructions show that during the past 10,000 years temperatures over long periods were higher than they are today. The warmest phase occurred 4,000 to 8,000 years agoand is known as the Holocene Climate Optimum or the Atlantic Period..."

https://www.ssb.no/en/natur-og-milj...594b9225f9d7dc458b0b70a646baec3339/DP1007.pdf

Forum List

Back