Early Oscars ratings down from 2017 telecast

Lower than last years record low.

Congrats, keep it up Hollywood, soon you will no longer be a "thing".

Live viewership of the 90th annual Academy Awards ceremony was down significantly from the 2017 telecast, according to preliminary Nielsen ratings for ABC's nearly four-hour telecast.
2017 had record box office revenues. Hollywood’s not going anywhere. :itsok:

I'm sure they did. Whenever there are good movies I go see them, I wanted to watch The Darkest Hour, but didn't. Doesn't mean their influence is growing.

Live viewership of the 90th annual Academy Awards ceremony was down significantly from the 2017 telecast, according to preliminary Nielsen ratings for ABC's nearly four-hour telecast.

I'm sure they did. Whenever there are good movies I go see them, I wanted to watch The Darkest Hour, but didn't. Doesn't mean their influence is growing.
Oh did conservative propaganda convince you it was? :rolleyes:

Yes just like the football games. Lots of people stream. Just because Fox and Breibart hates Hollywood, doesn't mean you have to hate the actors and actresses. I hate reality TV shows, really hate those artificial actors.

Here, I knew there was a reason to watch this movie, outside of the fact that Churchill if my historical idol. He thanked America to the silence of the crowd. USA! USA! Stay silent Hollywood, America is going to win!

HATE FEST: Hollywood Remains SILENT as Best Actor Winner ‘THANKS AMERICA’ at Oscars | Sean Hannity

The winner of the Academy Award for Best Actor publicly praised America during the 90th Academy Awards ceremony Sunday night, thanking the United States for “many wonderful gifts” as Hollywood looked on in stone-cold silence.

British-born Gary Oldman publicly acknowledged his adopted nation during his acceptance speech for his role portraying Prime Minister Winston Churchill in ‘Darkest Hour,’ saying the US has given him many “loves and friendships” over the years.

“I’ve lived in America for the longest time, and I am deeply grateful to her for the loves and the friendships I have made and the many wonderful gifts it has given me. My home, my livelihood, my family, and now Oscar,” said Oldman as the audience watched in silence.

Last edited:

Weird though how they wish for an industry to 'go down'. And then turn on the tv or go to pay per view and rent a movie.

Here, I knew there was a reason to watch this movie, outside of the fact that Churchill if my historical idol. He thanked America to thes ilence of the crowd. USA! USA! Stay silent Hollywood, America is going to win!

HATE FEST: Hollywood Remains SILENT as Best Actor Winner ‘THANKS AMERICA’ at Oscars | Sean Hannity

The winner of the Academy Award for Best Actor publicly praised America during the 90th Academy Awards ceremony Sunday night, thanking the United States for “many wonderful gifts” as Hollywood looked on in stone-cold silence.

British-born Gary Oldman publicly acknowledged his adopted nation during his acceptance speech for his role portraying Prime Minister Winston Churchill in ‘Darkest Hour,’ saying the US has given him many “loves and friendships” over the years.

“I’ve lived in America for the longest time, and I am deeply grateful to her for the loves and the friendships I have made and the many wonderful gifts it has given me. My home, my livelihood, my family, and now Oscar,” said Oldman as the audience watched in silence.
It must be a real passion for you, inventing ways to feel like a victim.

Hollywood demonstrated last night that they have their heads firmly shoved up their arses and are totally oblivious to the opinion of everyone outside of Hollywood who isn't a devout partisan Trump-Hater.

The vast majority of people do not want to waste hours of their valuable time by watching a bunch of pompous, arrogant, hypocritical liberals at a self-appreciating awards show at which they engage in a partisan hate-driven Trump-Bashing liberal political 'orgy'.

Their numbers are plunging...and they just don't care...but rest assured the networks who rely on advertiser dollars from those who buy (or not) expensive ad time slots during this declining, dying outdated waste of time care. Should Hollywood continue to ignore the reaction / response from Americans turned off (like their TVs) by this politicized liberal crap tv coverage will eventually dry up, and they will be able to hold their awards shows in the conference room at a local Holiday Inn / Marriott. :p

Hollywood demonstrated last night that they have their heads firmly shoved up their arses and are totally oblivious to the opinion of everyone outside of Hollywood who isn't a devout partisan Trump-Hater.

The vast majority of people do not want to waste hours of their valuable time by watching a bunch of pompous, arrogant, hypocritical liberals at a self-appreciating awards show at which they engage in a partisan hate-driven Trump-Bashing liberal political 'orgy'.

Their numbers are plunging...and they just don't care...but rest assured the networks who rely on advertiser dollars from those who buy (or not) expensive ad time slots during this declining, dying outdated waste of time care. Should Hollywood continue to ignore the reaction / response from Americans turned off (like their TVs) by this politicized liberal crap tv coverage will eventually dry up, and they will be able to hold their awards shows in the conference room at a local Holiday Inn / Marriott. :p

All these cons so concerned about 'plunging numbers' must just be apoplectic watching Trump's poll numbers tank month after month. The suicide hotline must be busy in red states these days.

There is a reason they feel that way about Trump. I have more respect for those people than Trump , (bone spur ) and most of them have higher moral standards as well. They are the real artists, not the fake crap like the Apprentice.

All these cons so concerned about 'plunging numbers' must just be apoplectic watching Trump's poll numbers tank month after month. The suicide hotline must be busy in red states these days.

:auiqs.jpg:

Hollywood must be getting their poll numbers from the same place you are - CNN. LOL

Trump has already accomplished more - successfully - in less than 2 years than Barry did in 8, even reportedly surpassing Reagan so far...while Barry's 'Legacy' - the very significance of his Presidency - has all been but erased from the record / history books.

And as for Hollywood's Oscar numbers, you seem to be defending them as you did Hillary's election lass numbers.....'Oh yeah, but she won the 'popularity contest'.' Yeah, how is that working out for the Felon, Democrats, and snowflakes.

Embrace the suck - tone deaf Hollywood partisan extremists' numbers / popularity is imploding with every self-promoting/honoring 'Trump-Bashing Gala'. I personally hope they keep it up so the networks will stop interrupting their usual television schedules to put that crap on. :p

:auiqs.jpg:

Hollywood must be getting their poll numbers from the same place you are - CNN. LOL

Trump has already accomplished more - successfully - in less than 2 years than Barry did in 8, even reportedly surpassing Reagan so far...while Barry's 'Legacy' - the very significance of his Presidency - has all been but erased from the record / history books.

And as for Hollywood's Oscar numbers, you seem to be defending them as you did Hillary's election lass numbers.....'Oh yeah, but she won the 'popularity contest'.' Yeah, how is that working out for the Felon, Democrats, and snowflakes.

Embrace the suck - tone deaf Hollywood partisan extremists' numbers / popularity is imploding with every self-promoting/honoring 'Trump-Bashing Gala'. I personally hope they keep it up so the networks will stop interrupting their usual television schedules to put that crap on. :p

upload_2018-3-5_9-35-23.jpeg

Record box office revenue last year :thup:

For the Oscars? They said this one was 'worse than 2017'...

Hollywood / movies in general? Several reasons:
1) Higher ticket prices
2) Movies are the only time you can see these stars NOT engaging in hypocritical, liberal extremism...Sure can't do it at these political self-appreciating awards shows.

"Viewers flee Oscars..."

1) Higher ticket prices
2) Movies are the only time you can see these stars NOT engaging in hypocritical, liberal extremism...Sure can't do it at these political self-appreciating awards shows.

"Viewers flee Oscars..."
Hollywood’s roaring, and you can’t stand it. But you’ll be okay :itsok:

'Kobe Bryant's Oscar win raises eyebrows...'

'Gary Oldman's Oscar win draws backlash as domestic abuse report resurfaces'

I see Hollywood is taking the mistreatment of women to heart... :p

(Biggest embarrassment for Hollywood, though, might have been that Kobe Bryant won an Oscar... :p)

1) Higher ticket prices

"Viewers flee Oscars..."
Hollywood’s roaring, and you can’t stand it. But you’ll be okay :itsok:
Just exactly how many times were you dropped on your head as a baby?

The vast majority of the headlines about the Oscars today are talking about viewers 'FLEEING' the Oscars and their numbers tanking....

Forum List

Back