Duckworth vows to block over 1,000 military confirmations until Pentagon proves Vindman will be promoted

Duckworth vows to block over 1,000 military confirmations until Pentagon proves Vindman will be promoted

Not true! She just wants assurance that if Vindman is on the list - that his name will not be BLOCKED by the White House for partisan reasons.

She’s looking out for the troops.
By denying 1000 of them their promotions. I'm sure they are thrilled with how she is "looking out for them".

Duckworth won her reputation in a hard way.

She has now tarnished it; and done so over a 'chow thief' no less.

With any luck, all the (Lt.) Colonel needs to do is to hang on until January 20, 2021.

It's a good guess that he will jump right over Full Bird and get his first Star on January 21, 2021, or sometime very soon afterwards.

At Tammy's prompting, President Biden will issue the directive to DoD, with orders to expedite the matter.

That way, the Colonel can retire on a General's pay, or continue serving, as he and the service think best.
Hopefully. Biden will stay out of it and leave it up to the military itself.

The military has already made their decision and Vindman will be passed over for the next rank. He can stay in the military as a Lt. Col for the rest of his life. He will not be advanced to Full Bird Col. or General.

He already has his retirement job in Ukraine. He shouldn't worry about his Army career, which is, in effect, over!

OP title is a lie. She is holding it up to ensure no retaliatorypolitical interference on Vindman’s promotion. NOT as the OP dishonestly claims, to ensure his promotion.
She is pulling a political stunt at the expense of the careers of 1000 military members. And you cheer it.

Disgusting.

She is preventing Trump from pulling a political stunt.

You are disgusting.
What political stunt is Trump pulling? This is a matter of the military. Just because she claims that is the reason doesn't make it so.

She is pulling a political stunt 1000X worse than what you accuse Trump of, Dummy.

Can you tell me which particular military member she is personally intervening in, and pressuring them to deny?

Thank you, I will await your deflection.
She said 1000. Ask her.

You don’t seem to have understood the question. I put it in bold it for you, so won’t miss it this time.
She is denying 1000 of them.
Oh? Please provide me a link that shows she is interfering in the Internal process and telling them to deny those promotions because I haven’t seen anything to that affect. I think you are flailing in defense of anything Trump.
Holding them up isn't interfering?

You are a moron.

You do not understand the question?

What internal process is she interfering in?

Who is she pressuring the military to deny a promotion to?

She is denying promotion to 1000 members of the military due for promotion. When I was an O-2, the budget was in such crappy shape, I wore O-3 for over a year before getting paid for it!

Can you show me where holding up equals denial?

Those personnel will not get the respect offered the higher rank and it will cost them money. You must think it would be OK if they were never promoted. They don't get back pay!

Nope, don’t think it is ok.

Do you think it is ok for the President to interfere in promotions for political vengeance?
What is your proof he did interfere? All you have is a claim by a lefty hack politician pulling a political stunt in an election year.

Vindman reported a crime, using legal whistleblower procedures.
He was also legally obligated to testify, because he was subpoena'd.

Not.

The whistleblower Act only applies to members of the intelligence community, not to POTUS.

And even then it does not apply to policy differences.

The Act defines a matter of "urgent concern" as:​
  1. a serious or flagrant problem, abuse, violation of law or Executive order, or deficiency relating to the funding, administration, or operations of an intelligence activity involving classified information, but does not include differences of opinions concerning public policy matters ...

You really should not compare military records for presidents of candidates. Democrats always come up short. Obama never served and Clinton actually dodged the draft.

W and Trump both dodged the draft.
W was a FANG dummy. Trump didn't dodge the draft but he may ducked it. But being the coward and lilly livered lying scumbag and otherwise no good SOB and child molester he is, Clinton left the country and outright dodged the draft.

Vindman reported a crime, using legal whistleblower procedures.
He was also legally obligated to testify, because he was subpoena'd.

Not.

The whistleblower Act only applies to members of the intelligence community, not to POTUS.

And even then it does not apply to policy differences.

The Act defines a matter of "urgent concern" as:​
  1. a serious or flagrant problem, abuse, violation of law or Executive order, or deficiency relating to the funding, administration, or operations of an intelligence activity involving classified information, but does not include differences of opinions concerning public policy matters ...
He received a lawful subpoena, showed up, and told the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Dictator Donnie didn't like it. It only became classified after the fact.

If Vindman hadnt complied with subpoena, he'd be charged behavior unbecoming of officer under UCMJ.

Can you tell me which particular military member she is personally intervening in, and pressuring them to deny?

Thank you, I will await your deflection.
She said 1000. Ask her.

You don’t seem to have understood the question. I put it in bold it for you, so won’t miss it this time.
She is denying 1000 of them.
Oh? Please provide me a link that shows she is interfering in the Internal process and telling them to deny those promotions because I haven’t seen anything to that affect. I think you are flailing in defense of anything Trump.
Holding them up isn't interfering?

You are a moron.

You do not understand the question?

What internal process is she interfering in?

Who is she pressuring the military to deny a promotion to?

She is denying promotion to 1000 members of the military due for promotion. When I was an O-2, the budget was in such crappy shape, I wore O-3 for over a year before getting paid for it!

Can you show me where holding up equals denial?

Those personnel will not get the respect offered the higher rank and it will cost them money. You must think it would be OK if they were never promoted. They don't get back pay!

Nope, don’t think it is ok.

Do you think it is ok for the President to interfere in promotions for political vengeance?

You're making that accusation, The military has different values that affect promotion and Pres. Trump doesn't have to interfere. Vindman cut his career short because of his political ideology. Political ideology/influence is not acceptable in the military. It's a career killer.

The military put him on the list. They therefore must not have felt as you do. And Trump should not be pressuring them on it. I disagree with what you say about Vindman, but that is neither here nor there. If the felt he deserved promotion, it should not n
be subject to a political vendetta. The president fired him, as is his right to do, but to exact vengeance in this way is wrong.

Why don't you shut up and stop talking about shit you know nothing about? How is he on the "list"? Everyone is on the list dumbass!

His going outside the chain of command not only warrants passing him over for promotion, he should have been forced to retire.

You really should not compare military records for presidents of candidates. Democrats always come up short. Obama never served and Clinton actually dodged the draft.

W and Trump both dodged the draft.
W was a FANG dummy. Trump didn't dodge the draft but he may ducked it. But being the coward and lilly livered lying scumbag and otherwise no good SOB and child molester he is, Clinton left the country and outright dodged the draft.
I am curious. What is a FANG? I know ANG stands for Air National Guard because my son in law is an E-6.

Lt. Col. Alexander S. Vindman, a decorated Iraq war veteran who served on the staff of the White House’s National Security Council, is among scores of officers who have been picked to be promoted to full colonel this year. Typically, such promotions are backed by Army and Pentagon officials before moving to the White House for final approval and then to the Senate for a confirmation vote. The latest promotion list is now with the Pentagon’s personnel office.

But some military officials and lawmakers fear Mr. Trump’s antipathy toward Colonel Vindman could sink the officer’s promotion, despite promises from Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper and other senior military leaders to protect from retribution members of the armed services who return to military duties after serving tours at the White House.

OP title is a lie. She is holding it up to ensure no retaliatorypolitical interference on Vindman’s promotion. NOT as the OP dishonestly claims, to ensure his promotion.
She is pulling a political stunt at the expense of the careers of 1000 military members. And you cheer it.

Disgusting.

She is preventing Trump from pulling a political stunt.

You are disgusting.
A 'political stunt' ..

...Like an admitted political partisan Impeachment based on zero crime, zero evidence, & zero witnesses, the 1st one in US history...

...Like Censuring the US AG for REFUSING TO BREAK THE LAW...

Bwuhahahaha...

Not true! She just wants assurance that if Vindman is on the list - that his name will not be BLOCKED by the White House for partisan reasons.

By denying 1000 of them their promotions. I'm sure they are thrilled with how she is "looking out for them".

how many would the blob block due to their not exhibiting loyalty? She’s only asking your blob to honor the actions of the board of promotion. That they won’t should worry anyone who served.

how many would the blob block due to their not exhibiting loyalty? She’s only asking your blob to honor the actions of the board of promotion. That they won’t should worry anyone who served.
You have no evidence Trump has blocked anything, Dumbass.

Bring your evidence.

My Senator! Trump couldn't carry that woman's handbag.
She is a Democrat! That makes her military service suspect at best!
What a stupid thing to say considering that she lost both legs flying in combat while every republican president in this century were draft dodgers.

So were the democrats you stupid fuck. BTW GWB served.

GWB "served"?

Jesus, you are a special kind of stupid, aren't you?

No, you are.

Find one like this of Clinton or Obama.

1200px-GW-Bush-in-uniform.jpg

The little commie **** has no interest in honest discussion. Just tell it to fuck off.

Forum List

Back