Duckworth vows to block over 1,000 military confirmations until Pentagon proves Vindman will be promoted

Can you tell me which particular military member she is personally intervening in, and pressuring them to deny?

Thank you, I will await your deflection.
She said 1000. Ask her.

You don’t seem to have understood the question. I put it in bold it for you, so won’t miss it this time.
She is denying 1000 of them.
Oh? Please provide me a link that shows she is interfering in the Internal process and telling them to deny those promotions because I haven’t seen anything to that affect. I think you are flailing in defense of anything Trump.
Holding them up isn't interfering?

You are a moron.

You do not understand the question?

What internal process is she interfering in?

Who is she pressuring the military to deny a promotion to?

She is denying promotion to 1000 members of the military due for promotion. When I was an O-2, the budget was in such crappy shape, I wore O-3 for over a year before getting paid for it!

Can you show me where holding up equals denial?

Those personnel will not get the respect offered the higher rank and it will cost them money. You must think it would be OK if they were never promoted. They don't get back pay!

Nope, don’t think it is ok.

Do you think it is ok for the President to interfere in promotions for political vengeance?

What do you not understand about the title "Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces"?

Didn't see you crying for these folks.

Why are you trying to compare two incomparable things? Desperation?

One is firing. That is the president’s pervue (though just because he can doesn’t mean he should) - whether it is Obama or Trump, they can do this. If you want a comparison, compare Obama’s firings and Trump’s, such as his firing of Vindman.

The other, has no relationship to the above: using his political power to affect an individuals promotion in an act of retaliation.

Honestly, I can’t believe you would support that but I guess it goes to show how absolutely nuts Trump supporters have become.

I don't buy the premise, I believe Trump thinks Vindman is a bad officer, I might add, I agree. Trump has every right to remove him from his position in the WH and as commander in chief, the Army as well. Of course you commies are going to push your propaganda regardless, so carry on. Division is what you're about.

It was very clear that this was retaliation for Vindman fulfilling his duty to he Constitution. He does not have the power to remove him from the Army. He has not violated the UCMJ in any way.

Can you tell me which particular military member she is personally intervening in, and pressuring them to deny?

She said 1000. Ask her.

You don’t seem to have understood the question. I put it in bold it for you, so won’t miss it this time.
Oh? Please provide me a link that shows she is interfering in the Internal process and telling them to deny those promotions because I haven’t seen anything to that affect. I think you are flailing in defense of anything Trump.

You are a moron.

She is denying promotion to 1000 members of the military due for promotion. When I was an O-2, the budget was in such crappy shape, I wore O-3 for over a year before getting paid for it!

Those personnel will not get the respect offered the higher rank and it will cost them money. You must think it would be OK if they were never promoted. They don't get back pay!

Do you think it is ok for the President to interfere in promotions for political vengeance?

What do you not understand about the title "Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces"?

Trump does not have total power over the military. Congress can defund any military action the President undertakes. Congress also has the power of oversight which extends to the military.

Really????? ROFLMAO

She said 1000. Ask her.

You are a moron.

One is firing. That is the president’s pervue (though just because he can doesn’t mean he should) - whether it is Obama or Trump, they can do this. If you want a comparison, compare Obama’s firings and Trump’s, such as his firing of Vindman.

The other, has no relationship to the above: using his political power to affect an individuals promotion in an act of retaliation.

Honestly, I can’t believe you would support that but I guess it goes to show how absolutely nuts Trump supporters have become.

I don't buy the premise, I believe Trump thinks Vindman is a bad officer, I might add, I agree. Trump has every right to remove him from his position in the WH and as commander in chief, the Army as well. Of course you commies are going to push your propaganda regardless, so carry on. Division is what you're about.

It was very clear that this was retaliation for Vindman fulfilling his duty to he Constitution. He does not have the power to remove him from the Army. He has not violated the UCMJ in any way.

No, he probably violated the espionage act. That is a violation of the UCMJ, ever heard of conduct unbecoming? The SOB had no business giving classified information to someone with no need to know. I seriously doubt you're ever served or had a security clearance. So carry on, oh ignorant one.

He does not have the power to remove him from the Army.

This is to answer your stupid statement...

POTUS did not dismiss Vindman, he quit for being passed over for promotion to full bird... Embarrassed...

She said 1000. Ask her.

You are a moron.

He does not. The military should be free of politics. You communists want to politicize the military. You people need to divide people to win.

Obviously you've never been in the military. Politics have been part and partial of the military from day one, when the founders placed them under civilian control and limited the Army's funding to two years at a time. You commies have been playing with military funding ever since. I witnessed politics in the military from the local to national level my whole military career. Your dear leader maobama injected politics and social engineering in the military more than any CIC in US history.

I have been in the military. Politics in promotions have had nothing to do with the modern day military. It is also the most successfully integrated organization in history. Society has changed and the question is how much the military will have to change. I never voted for Obama so he is not my dear leader. You will defend your fuehrer at all costs.

You really should not compare military records for presidents of candidates. Democrats always come up short. Obama never served and Clinton actually dodged the draft.

W and Trump both dodged the draft.
W was in the military, and Trump had the same deferment Biden had, you raving lunatic.

W was in the National Guard for the Coast Guard. That's where they send the son of the Speaker of the House to keep him from getting his head shot off.

I knew a kid who "worked his way through college" working for our law firm. His job was to keep our Fearless Leader's 36 ft. sailboat clean, provisioned, ship shape, and ready to head out on Lake Ontario at a moment's notice, and to crew for the lawyer if and when he took the boat out. The kid "tested" the boat at least once a week, with his friend(s) as crew. This also helped him "dispose" of any food which might go bad. The boat slept 6, so he basically lived at the Island Yacht Club all summer long, so he could come to our office quickly (he lived in the outer burbs).

Our summer student worked his way through college spending his summer living on a 36' yacht, berthed at the Island Yacht Club and taking his friends sailing once a week. He came into the office on the 15th and the 30th, to help me with closings at the Registry Office. W's "military service" was just like Winkie's working his way through college.
W was in the National Guard for the Coast Guard.

More lies by you.

Bush was a Fighter Pilot in the Texas Air National Guard.

I stand corrected. I had no idea that there was such a thing as the Air National Guard. What exactly was W's risk potential in this job? Was he ever deployed?

This is still a bullshit service record gifted to the son of the Speaker of the House, just like our summer student's job.
He volunteered to go to Nam, but his jet was being phased out and they didn't need him.

What was Barry Hussein's service record? We know Clinton wrote a letter to a Senator to get him out of the draft and said he "loathed the military".

We know bonespurs Trump didn't serve either.

She said 1000. Ask her.

You are a moron.

No, he probably violated the espionage act. That is a violation of the UCMJ, ever heard of conduct unbecoming? The SOB had no business giving classified information to someone with no need to know. I seriously doubt you're ever served or had a security clearance. So carry on, oh ignorant one.

You are laughable. The Congress has the power of oversight. Vindman had a duty according to the Constitution to testify before the Congress. and tell the truth. There are plenty of veterans who disagree with you. Will you attack their service as well? You are a despicable person.

I have been in the military. Politics in promotions have had nothing to do with the modern day military. It is also the most successfully integrated organization in history. Society has changed and the question is how much the military will have to change. I never voted for Obama so he is not my dear leader. You will defend your fuehrer at all costs.

Well thank you for your service... I served in the U.S Army my damn self... I did not defend anyone in this post, so please show me where I did... I posted because I found humor in Vindman's lawyers response to the news media... Sounded like your typical snowflake excuses... Sounds like your excuses...

She said 1000. Ask her.

You are a moron.

He does not. The military should be free of politics. You communists want to politicize the military. You people need to divide people to win.

Obviously you've never been in the military. Politics have been part and partial of the military from day one, when the founders placed them under civilian control and limited the Army's funding to two years at a time. You commies have been playing with military funding ever since. I witnessed politics in the military from the local to national level my whole military career. Your dear leader maobama injected politics and social engineering in the military more than any CIC in US history.

Really what was your rank, politics have always played a roll in the senior NCO and senior officer promotions, especially officers. In my 20+ years in the Army, I saw it often.

The Washington Post logoLt. Col. Alexander Vindman retires, citing campaign of ‘bullying’ and ‘retaliation’ by Trump after impeachment testimony

An Army officer who played a high-profile role in President Trump’s impeachment proceedings is retiring from the military over alleged “bullying” and “retaliation” by the president, his lawyer said Wednesday.

a man wearing a uniform and standing in a room: Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman during the House impeachment inquiry, Nov. 19, 2019. (Melina Mara/The Washington Post)
Not much of a warrior.

More of a warrior than bonespurs Trump.

She said 1000. Ask her.

You are a moron.

You are laughable. The Congress has the power of oversight. Vindman had a duty according to the Constitution to testify before the Congress. and tell the truth. There are plenty of veterans who disagree with you. Will you attack their service as well? You are a despicable person.

Poor child, Vindman was probably protected from taking the 5th when shitt stopped him from answering questions during his testimony.

She said 1000. Ask her.

You are a moron.

Really what was your rank, politics have always played a roll in the senior NCO and senior officer promotions, especially officers. In my 20+ years in the Army, I saw it often.

So you say. The fact is that Trump has no business playing politics with promotions. Vindman did his duty by testifying.

She said 1000. Ask her.

You are a moron.

So you say. The fact is that Trump has no business playing politics with promotions. Vindman did his duty by testifying.

What ever.

She said 1000. Ask her.

You are a moron.

No he doesn’t. That is abuse of power. If Vindman was put up for promotion, that meant three senior officers supported it.

Imagin if Biden wins, and orders A review of all officers who supported Trump, and actively pressured to block their promotion.

She said 1000. Ask her.

You are a moron.

No he doesn’t. That is abuse of power. If Vindman was put up for promotion, that meant three senior officers supported it.

Imagin if Biden wins, and orders A review of all officers who supported Trump, and actively pressured to block their promotion.

You mean the same way maobama did. I gave you a list and you blew it off. But with Vindman it's a moot point since he retired, if he's lucky Durham isn't looking into who he talked to and was prevented from answering in his congressional testimony. He'll either answer of plead the 5th if he's called before a grand jury. I'd pay to see that.

Vindman was a rumor monger that heard nothing first hand

by the rules that existed when Trump took office he was not a legal whistleblower

Vindman was an honourable man who fulfilled his oath of duty to the country and to the Constitution. Donald Trump is a corrupt criminal, who should never have been President. Vindman deserves to be promoted.

In most countries, those who attempt an unsuccessful coup, are summarily shot before they can cause more trouble for the country. I always thought that was excessively cruel, but with the continuing lies and trouble being fomented by Trump since January 6th, I'm now understanding why an attempted usurper must be disposed of as soon as possible after his failed insurrection.

Trump should be in jail and muzzled. This slow moving coup has to end.

Forum List

Back