Dubbing

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
I've been watching a few foreign programs on Netflix that are dubbed in English. I have been bingeing "Borgen" which is a political drama set - and produced - in Denmark.

It is interesting to me that the actors who are reading the lines in English speak in several different accents, English, Scottish, Irish, and American, for example.

Does anyone here know how this works? Who does the interpretation from Danish to English? Do the actors who are speaking the lines in English get credit? Are they even identified? Do the Danish actors ever dub their own lines in English? Surely, most of them are fluent in English.

Anybody know how this works?

Was this series about a female prime minister and her bodyguard?
As for the dubbing I wondered how it works with the actors so I hope you get an answer. We've watch several foreign series on Netflix. We just finished 2 and both were about a virus...one was out of Russia ?The Lake? and I've already forgot the other one. Another one I think we watched awhile back was the Rain think it was out of Denmark.

No bodyguard. She has a handsome assistant who is billed as her "spin doctor," but they are different generations....no romantic involvement.

There are three or four main characters with separate, albeit intertwined, story lines.

Forum List

Back