Downton Abbey venue forced to scrap weddings thanks to Brexit

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

Yes they cant get the staff. Its a problem faced by all hospitality businesses in the UK. Maybe they could pay staff more?

Hilarious to see Johnsons dad quoted bemoaning the brexit he campaigned for. Still you cant expect consistency from a a wife beater.

Trumps golf courses have suffered from brexit in the same way. So it isnt all bad.

1n5wni.gif

:lmao:

Yes they cant get the staff. Its a problem faced by all hospitality businesses in the UK. Maybe they could pay staff more?

Hilarious to see Johnsons dad quoted bemoaning the brexit he campaigned for. Still you cant expect consistency from a a wife beater.

Trumps golf courses have suffered from brexit in the same way. So it isnt all bad.

Maybe they should be a living wage instead of relying on foreign slave labor.......

Yes they cant get the staff.
Is that a problem for you Tommy, you can't get enough staff?

Its a problem faced by all hospitality businesses in the UK. Maybe they could pay staff more?
I don't know, I just was in the UK about a month ago and I had no problems getting hospitality. There was hospitality all over the place from Surrey to Sussex to Wadhurst! Maybe they just like Yanks there more than they do you Welsh blokes!

Not that you could ever afford to play at one of them or ever will.

Tummy Tommy the Communist without a cause .

But I guess I could be as obsessive and stupid at his age.

Tammy still butthurt over Brexit.

Get over it loser. You can always move to some EU country if you love it so much.

Yet another Tainted Tommy thread whining about how his shithole of a country is incapable of governing itself, and needs to be governed by a distant, unaccountable foreign power.

And by the way…

Well Bob if you were academically gifted ,or even applied yourself in school, you would have a better job with better working conditions.

What do you do for a living, that makes you think you can look down on me for my profession?

Tummy Tommy the Communist without a cause .
But I guess I could be as obsessive and stupid at his age.

Doesn't work.

I'm already his age. Two days older, in fact. I never have and never will achieve his level of obsession and stupidity, no matter how long I live.

It appears that you have almost three years, yet, so maybe you might, if you try hard enough.

Maybe they should be a living wage instead of relying on foreign slave labor.......
Thats a part of it. But there is a wider problem.The labour pool has reduced and there arent enough people to fill all the vacancies.
For example we are short of 100000 nurses.
Is affecting certain sectors and is stunting growth. Our tax take is less because of this.Immigration is good. Brexit is bad.

Thats a part of it. But there is a wider problem.The labour pool has reduced and there arent enough people to fill all the vacancies.
For example we are short of 100000 nurses.
Is affecting certain sectors and is stunting growth. Our tax take is less because of this.Immigration is good. Brexit is bad.

I obviously don't know the nuances of the UK immigration system as I am not a citizen there, but I would think they would have work visas available to fill this need.

Stop whining you silly old bitch.

The odds are that the UK will become a member of the EFTA (in one form or another) and the Schengen area at some point in the future. This can resolve many issues the Brexit brought about.

I obviously don't know the nuances of the UK immigration system as I am not a citizen there, but I would think they would have work visas available to fill this need.
There is a lot of talk about widening the visa system to do just that. At the moment you can only get one if you are a high flyer.

The article states that their staff came from students as it is part time and casual work. Its also in a well off area. Their business model no longer works.

Pubs and restaurants are closing every day over here. Staffing is a key issue as well as energy costs and the fact that people cant afford it at the moment.

The odds are that the UK will become a member of the EFTA (in one form or another) and the Schengen area at some point in the future. This can resolve many issues the Brexit brought about.
I think it will take a couple of years. Brexit was a bruising process and is still not complete.

Forum List

Back