British slave owners’ family to apologise and pay reparations

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
I suppose that it i a start. These people live off the fruits of slavery even today. They should make good on that.
Its about governments put some thought into this. Apologies dont cut it any more.
Good, I'm glad for you--now you can pay reparations to American black people who were never slaves because Brits are reponsible for the slaves being brought to the US in the first place. Sounds reasonable to me.

Not seeing how no members of this family knew of the not so distant past family history, especially the BBC journalist.

I suppose that it i a start. These people live off the fruits of slavery even today. They should make good on that.
Its about governments put some thought into this. Apologies dont cut it any more.
An apology and a donation from people who have never been slave owners to people who have never been slaves. This changes everything.

If this were America I would tell the black panhandlers that they are fortunate to be Americans rather than goat herders in Africa

But I dont know enough about Grenada to make the same comparison

Maybe its even worse in Grenada than Africa

Slavery was a tradition in Africa centuries before any were brought out of that continent.

So, in effect, we are paying reparations to people who’s ancestors were themselves slave owners?

So are we also paying plantation owners as well?

Explain this.

If this were America I would tell the black panhandlers that they are fortunate to be Americans rather than goat herders in Africa

But I dont know enough about Grenada to make the same comparison

Maybe its even worse in Grenada than Africa
Of course you would.

Slavery was a tradition in Africa centuries before any were brought out of that continent.

So, in effect, we are paying reparations to people who’s ancestors were themselves slave owners?

So are we also paying plantation owners as well?

Explain this.
Why does this gesture harm you Norm.?

Everyone in Britain has benefited from the slave trade because it helped finance the industrial revolution, so what are you doing about it? How much are you donating?
I am happy to pay reparations. I wouldl like to see a scheme proposed that starts to put rght the injustice.
Over here and in America black folk have been mistreated and held back. Something should be done.

I am not sure how my family benefitted from the industrial revolution.Working down pits is not really a reward.

Why should a BBC journo know about it.She researhed it and found out. Now they are doing something about it. Thats good isnt it ?

Um she's a journalist and knew nothing about her family history until now? Seriously when my kids were in middle school they had assignment on the family tree.

good, the AFRICAN CZARS /WAR - LORDS WHO ENSLAVED AFRICANS, ASIANS AND EUROPEANS ´D apologise and pay reparations AS WELL ?​

WHATS ABOUT the Muscovites ?

I am happy to pay reparations. I wouldl like to see a scheme proposed that starts to put rght the injustice.
Over here and in America black folk have been mistreated and held back. Something should be done.

I am not sure how my family benefitted from the industrial revolution.Working down pits is not really a reward.

Why are liberals so lazy and in need of the government to intervene? What is preventing you from paying reparations, why do you need some kind of scheme proposed to do your part of righting the injustice of having been born white?

Forum List

Back