Downeaster train riders won't be able to buy alcohol during New Hampshire stretch

We are one of the most backwoods states when it comes to certain things. One of those is allowing the state to control the hard liquor sales.
So, if I were these people, I'd just purchase beer and wine (which you can purchase from any corner store) and serve it. Sorry, no hard booze for 35 miles.

But in the end, the article saysthis:

The NHLC said it has been attempting to work with NexDine on a temporary solution. In the interim, the NHLC has informed NexDine and Amtrak Downeaster that they can proceed with business as usual.

Does that mean they can drink through NH after all?

We are one of the most backwoods states when it comes to certain things. One of those is allowing the state to control the hard liquor sales.
So, if I were these people, I'd just purchase beer and wine (which you can purchase from any corner store) and serve it. Sorry, no hard booze for 35 miles.
It is kind of strange that the NH state liquor stores are brimming with whiskey, but you have to go to the Market Basket across the street to pick up a six-pack.

il_570xN.3006508421_gs2m.jpg

It is kind of strange that the NH state liquor stores are brimming with whiskey, but you have to go to the Market Basket across the street to pick up a six-pack.
Yep. State liquor stores don't sell beer. Then again, if you wanted a six pack at odd hours, the liquor store would be closed anyway. We used to have pretty restrictive blue laws on Sundays up until a few decades ago.

Yep. State liquor stores don't sell beer. Then again, if you wanted a six pack at odd hours, the liquor store would be closed anyway. We used to have pretty restrictive blue laws on Sundays up until a few decades ago.
I used to hate having to stock up on Saturdays.

Forum List

Back