Dow Hits 36,000! Profits soaring!!

Slade3200
Sure it was a great talking point and both sides used it but, as I said, the stock market isn't the economy.

I agree, the stock market isn’t the economy which is why I shook my head whenever Trumpsters bragged and took credit for it and why I am now when the occasional Biden bro boasts about it. Who do you think boasted about it more the Trump crew or the Biden crew?

Companies are making profits right now and Wall Street sure likes that. I remember how much of a barometer the stock market was to measure a President’s success over the last several years. When will you conservatives start enjoying a growing economy?

Dow Average Touches 36,000 Buoyed by Earnings: Markets Wrap
Stocks Pare Gains Amid Earnings, Fed Taper Outlook: Markets Wrap

Stocks rose toward another record amid earnings surprises and optimism the recovery in the world’s largest economy is on track.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average touched the 36,000 level. The S&P 500 climbed for a third day, led by commodity, retail and financial companies. The tech-heavy Nasdaq 100 underperformed. Treasuries fell.

More than 80% of S&P 500 companies reporting third-quarter results have beaten Wall Street estimates, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. That has laid the groundwork for a nearly 6% gain in the equity benchmark since the season began on Oct. 13 -- the best performance over a comparable period since 2014.
Is it time yet to declare this Quid Pro Joe's economy or do we still need to wait until his first tax and spend bills hit? The memo wasn't clear.

Anyone who owes money benefits as their debt shrinks in value. IOW all those who borrowed money and can now pay it off with cheaper dollars.

Yeah. Pretty much. The hedge funds and private equity firms are making a killing.

The political football type direction these thread always take, although chuckle worthy, are a bit disturbing. Really is a reflection of the sad state of the electorate. They're taking a pounding and basically celebrating while the people giving the mthe pounding laugh all the way to the central bank.

People would do well to study economic theory and monetay policy.

Anyway. Good to see you around, Hadit. Hope you're doing well.

We should try to open the old place back up, btw.

Last edited:
There is no inflation. There is supply and demand. Totally different.
The supply/demand balance drives inflation. When demand goes up but supply does not, prices go up. That's inflation. It can come down again when demand goes down or supply goes up, but it's still inflation.

What do you think caused the inflation?

The creation of new 'money" out of thin air.

The monetary system itself is the culprit.

Duh.

And there's not a nickel's worth of difference between the parties who rely on it.

Sure, you can pretend there's a difference in the winger world of unicorns and fairies, if that's the kind of conversation you're loking for. But there's not.

Last edited:
Companies are making profits right now and Wall Street sure likes that. I remember how much of a barometer the stock market was to measure a President’s success over the last several years. When will you conservatives start enjoying a growing economy?

Stocks rose toward another record amid earnings surprises and optimism the recovery in the world’s largest economy is on track.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average touched the 36,000 level. The S&P 500 climbed for a third day, led by commodity, retail and financial companies. The tech-heavy Nasdaq 100 underperformed. Treasuries fell.

More than 80% of S&P 500 companies reporting third-quarter results have beaten Wall Street estimates, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. That has laid the groundwork for a nearly 6% gain in the equity benchmark since the season began on Oct. 13 -- the best performance over a comparable period since 2014.

The market loves the near term certainty of an obstructed Congress! (Thanks Joe Manchin!!)

Meanwhile, other areas still burn under Joe ''Nero" Biden while he fiddles around.
I can live with this, for now. :eusa_boohoo:

Great! What are the Democrats going to do for Main Street? Wealthy Liberal Elites need a healthy Wall Street. What they don’t need nor care about is a healthy Main Street.

How much was created and where did it go? Who was responsible?

Alright. Let me just cut to the chase with you, so as to avoid meaningless dialogue.

Technically what happens is that the politicians say, hey, vote for me and I'll make sure you get more free stuff than my opponent says he'll get for you.

Then government creates glorified IOUs in the form of Treasury Bonds. Then, in order to provide all of that supposed free stuff that they ran on, the politicians vote for the country to spend more than its income.

This is called deficit spending.

So to pay for that deficit spending the Treasury borrows currency by issuing a bond. Which is just an IOU. These bonds increase our national debt and put the public on the hook to pay it back.

Then those IOUs are swapped to create 'currency.' Through a shell game called 'open market operations' the Treasury sells those bonds to the banks. The banks then turn around and sell our national debt at a profit to the Federal Reserve who buys them by opening its checkbook and writes a hot check which is drawn from an account with nothing in it. The Fed is buying those IOUs with their own IOUs.

Technically speaking the Fed is committing fraud here.

So anyway, they give those hot checks to the banks and 'currency' is created out of thin air. AKA "inflation"

Then the whole process repeats over and over and over again. This results in a build-up of bonds at the Federal Reserve and a build-up of currency at the Treasury which is really just a supply of numbers. The Treasury then deposits the numbers into the various branches of the government and then the government spends the numbers on promises, public works, social programs, and undeclared wars.

After everyone deposits their new 'currency' the banks multiply the numbers by creating more IOUs through fractional reserve lending where they steal a portion of everyone's deposit and lend it out. That 'currency' gets redeposited and then a portion is stolen again. And the process repeats over andover and over again, magnifying the currency supply exponentially.

Then the poor saps in the electorate work for some of those numbers and then they get held up at the barrel of a government gun by the Federal Reserve's collection wing, the IRS ,who then turns those numbers over to the Treasury so the Treasury can pay the principal plus the interest on the bonds that were purchased by the Federal Reserve from the banks who themselves previously bid on them with a hot check.

Of course, the increasing levels of debt will eventually collapse under its own weight because politicians and pundits always kick the can down the road so it doesn't happen on their watch.

Which is where we are in all of this. But they're actually running out of road to keep kicking the can. And people really aren't talking much about that at all. The BIS is aware of this, however, and are starting to come from out of their historically comfortable wood work. Which is what all of this reset spew is about. That's a bit of a deeper discussion, however.

If you have any more questions, I'll be in the neighborhood. Maybe. I dunno. The bad joo joo around here is starting to become a bit much, in my view.

Last edited:
While I'm thinking of it.

Some relevant reading, for casual passers-by...

Alright. Let me just cut to the chase with you, so as to avoid meaningless dialogue.

Technically what happens is that the politicians say, hey, vote for me and I'll make sure you get more free stuff than my opponent says he'll get for you.

Then government creates glorified IOUs in the form of Treasury Bonds. Then, in order to provide all of that supposed free stuff that they ran on, the politicians vote for the country to spend more than its income.

This is called deficit spending.

So to pay for that deficit spending the Treasury borrows currency by issuing a bond. Which is just an IOU. These bonds increase our national debt and put the public on the hook to pay it back.

Then those IOUs are swapped to create 'currency.' Through a shell game called 'open market operations' the Treasury sells those bonds to the banks. The banks then turn around and sell our national debt at a profit to the Federal Reserve who buys them by opening its checkbook and writes a hot check which is drawn from an account with nothing in it. The Fed is buying those IOUs with their own IOus..

Technically speaking the Fed is cmmitting fraud here.

So anyway, they give those hot checks to the banks and 'currency' is created out of thin air. AKA "inflation"

Then the whole process repeats over and over and over again. This results in a build-up of bonds at the Federal Reserve and a build-up of currency at the Treasury which is really just a supply of numbers. The Treasury then deposits the numbers into the various branches of the government and then the government spends the numbers on promises, public works, social programs, and undeclared wars.

After everyone deposits their new 'currency' the banks multiply the numbers by creating more IOUs through fractional reserve lending where they steal a portion of everyone's deposit and lend it out. That 'currency' gets redeposited and then a portion is stolen again. And the process repeats over andover and over again, magnifying the currency supply exponentially.

Then the poor saps in the electorate work for some of those numbers and then they get held up at the barrel of a government gun by the Federal Reserve's collection wing, the IRS ,who then turns those numbers over to the Treasury so the Treasury can pay the principal plus the interest on the bonds that were purchased by the Federal Reserve from the banks who themselves previously bid on them with a hot check.

Of course, the increasing levels of debt will eventually collapse under its own weight because politicians and pundits always kick the can down the road so it doesn't happen on their watch.

Which is where we are in all of this.

If you have any more questions, I'll be in the neighborhood. Maybe. I dunno. The bad joo joo around here is starting to become a bit much, in my view.
Haha, I appreciate the explanation but I still just have the original two questions that I asked. Would you mind just answering those?

New Topics

Forum List

Back