Dow Hits 36,000! Profits soaring!!

I agree with everything you said. However I will again submit that the cognitive dissonance of thinking the economy sucks based on who is in office is a Republican issue. Democrats will point out not everyone wins with a good economy as you can see in wealth consolidation at the top but they won’t say it’s a terrible economy when it’s not.
Yeah, those who do that are idiots. I wouldn't pay much attention to them.

no dodge at all. I am raking in the money off the market right now, and I am far from being a rich elite.

If you are a bottom feeder, do something about it besides whining on a forum.
so I should be greedy?? sorry not my way,, but you sure feel free to skim your profits off the top for your benefit,,

so I should be greedy?? sorry not my way,, but you sure feel free to skim your profits off the top for your benefit,,

If you are happy being a bottom feeder, more power to you. Just do not come on here and whine about it.

blackhawk
I have to agree. The stock market isn't the economy. Anyone who plays the market is doing well. Too bad the economy isn't as robust.

citygator
It means folks that play the market are doing well. The market isn't the economy though.
Gator does make a valid point that the stock market being at a record high was amongst one of Trump and his supporters most regular and repeated talking points. Now it doesn't matter. Those that flopped on their position on this from both sides are just showing their partisan stripes.

citygator
It means folks that play the market are doing well. The market isn't the economy though.
The market reflects the return on investing in company stock. Companies show record earnings which leads to record stock prices. If companies are making record profits the economy is doing well.

I’m not arguing everyone, particularly the bottom, is doing well but the economy is doing well for sure. Offer up a data point that it isn’t perhaps?

citygator
No one has to offer anything. Just look around at the hiring signs, and empty shelves and the price of gas. That should tell you how the economy is doing.

It’s just so morally offensive for people to work hard, be disciplined and responsible, save and invest and reap the rewards.
Lib 101 Core Course

WEATHER53
I'm all for those who play the stock market and win. Takes a lot of insight to be good at playing the market. Good for them. They are making loads right now if they invested correctly.

Next month the market could be in the cellar.

Forum List

Back