DOW Closing In On 25,000.Who Will Dems/Liberals/Liberal Hosts Give All Credit To?

we all know what Obama was up to,,,he wanted to bring the USA down back to the 30's when Pelosi was in high school and Hitler was President of Germany
Pssst. He was never president of Germany...
then who was? Sir Edmund Hillary?
He was Chancellor...
i wonder if Maxine Waters was running around in her 20's back then demanding that we impeach Hitler :drillsergeant:
Maxine was a dancer at the Bunny Club when Al Capone was getting VD....

we all know what Obama was up to,,,he wanted to bring the USA down back to the 30's when Pelosi was in high school and Hitler was President of Germany
He was Chancellor...
i wonder if Maxine Waters was running around in her 20's back then demanding that we impeach Hitler :drillsergeant:
i guess back then the average tip was a condom

He was Chancellor...
i guess back then the average tip was a condom
Well they ain't free..

Whatever works for ya. I know how desperate partisans are to claim credit. Great.

Well hold on a second...you're the one who is trying to give credit to Trump for something he didn't do. So you're the partisan here.

I'll assume that you now know that the rate of job growth will slow as the job market tightens.

So that's the excuse.

Thanks, Obama.

Whatever works for ya. I know how desperate partisans are to claim credit. Great.

Well hold on a second...you're the one who is trying to give credit to Trump for something he didn't do. So you're the partisan here.

I'll assume that you now know that the rate of job growth will slow as the job market tightens.

So that's the excuse.

Thanks, Obama.
Ah, lying.

Show me where I'm trying to give credit to Trump. Go ahead.

And yes, job rate growth slows as employment markets tighten. Simple stuff. Even a partisan can get it, if you try.

So, show me where I'm giving Trump credit. Let's see it.

In your expert opinion, who do you give credit to when the stock market goes up or down?

Confidence and attitude. No "who".

So I guess there was a lot of confidence under Obama, since the stock market gained so much during his 2 terms. Right?

Wrong, Obama tried his best to undermine the economy with regulations and stupid shit liberal policies, the market rose in spite of Obama. Now that we got rid of that moron the market has taken off under pro business Trump.

But I was just told that the stock market goes up and down because of confidence. The stock market rose tremendously under Obama, so that must mean confidence was.......

I'll let you fill in the blank.

You liars cannot escape the fact that we can point to Obama's anti business policies, and Trump's pro business policies.

In your expert opinion, who do you give credit to when the stock market goes up or down?

So I guess there was a lot of confidence under Obama, since the stock market gained so much during his 2 terms. Right?

Wrong, Obama tried his best to undermine the economy with regulations and stupid shit liberal policies, the market rose in spite of Obama. Now that we got rid of that moron the market has taken off under pro business Trump.

But I was just told that the stock market goes up and down because of confidence. The stock market rose tremendously under Obama, so that must mean confidence was.......

You liars cannot escape the fact that we can point to Obama's anti business policies, and Trump's pro business policies.
i wonder how the ladies of the view will speak of the 25,000 DOW tomorrow? try to tie it to the Stimulus?

:2up: This is my prediction. Some point after the DOW surpasses 25,000. We will hear from Joe Biden, and he will speak of the Stimulus, Obama-Care, and a three letter word. J O B S. Yes, thanks to the stimulus, we are having a killer economy producing 500,000 jobs a month!
:iagree: :thewave: :stupid:

Job Gains In 2017 Lag 2016 Numbers By An Average Of 13,000 Per Month, Agency Says : The Two-Way U.S. jobs growth has averaged 174,000 per month so far in2017, compared to an average monthly gain of 187,000 in 2016, the Bureau of Labor Statistics says.Dec 8, 2017
November Jobs Report: Economy Adds 228,000 Jobs; Unemployment Steady

When something good happens, it's because of what my side has done.

When something bad happens, it's because of what your side has done.

Partisan Politics 101. Required curriculum.

A little REALITY CHECK for those on the right, and the left------------->

The economy was going to pick up, no matter who/whom was elected, and that is a true statement!

Why?

Because no matter how you cut it, the Obama policies were normalized. Business had built in his edicts, then after paying for his brilliance.......or nonsense.......depending upon how you want to look at it, they had paid the price, and now were ready for expansion.

So what is the difference then?

The difference is--------> that because Trump has alleviated a lot of the planning they had to do to fit their business model into the regulatory environment created, they are able to release more cash for expansion, paying stockholders, or both. Add to that the tax cut; like it or not, and you have a tailwind for rapid expansion of our economy!

I as an honest person, (at least I think I am) and have little doubt that the Hillary economy would have done quite well also. Its' expansion would also have dwarfed the Obama economy by virtually all numbers. This because business......as I have stated...........had built in the new outlays that Obama had mandated. In all fairness to both sides, I would have expected the Hillary economy to average somewhere around 3.2% over the 1st 2 years; maybe even slightly more.

But, with Trump at the helm, AND the tax breaks to write off machinery quicker, (yeah, I know, those evil company rich people) I expect it to go over 4% quickly, IF......and that is a big IF, we can avoid a war.

I also expect the expansion to be more uneven, as is always the case in a more unregulated market. More over all growth.......yes...........but nowhere near as much consistency. Such is the nature of the beast, like it or not. We are going to see MASSIVE amounts of outlays for new equipment for factories this year, just in case the Democrats get control of congress in the midterms, and can roll some of the breaks back.

So I ask ya. Have you ever seen a post that will be panned by both left and right like this?!?!?! Hillary would have done good, Trump is doing good, but of course, the partisans will pan it because any mention that their opposite side would have/is doing good is a non-starter, correct?

Well, many of you may know politics, but the economy; and what effect things have long term/short term, not so much-)

:2up: This is my prediction. Some point after the DOW surpasses 25,000. We will hear from Joe Biden, and he will speak of the Stimulus, Obama-Care, and a three letter word. J O B S. Yes, thanks to the stimulus, we are having a killer economy producing 500,000 jobs a month!
:iagree: :thewave: :stupid:

Job Gains In 2017 Lag 2016 Numbers By An Average Of 13,000 Per Month, Agency Says : The Two-Way U.S. jobs growth has averaged 174,000 per month so far in2017, compared to an average monthly gain of 187,000 in 2016, the Bureau of Labor Statistics says.Dec 8, 2017
November Jobs Report: Economy Adds 228,000 Jobs; Unemployment Steady

When something good happens, it's because of what my side has done.

When something bad happens, it's because of what your side has done.

Partisan Politics 101. Required curriculum.

A little REALITY CHECK for those on the right, and the left------------->

The economy was going to pick up, no matter who/whom was elected, and that is a true statement!

Why?

Because no matter how you cut it, the Obama policies were normalized. Business had built in his edicts, then after paying for his brilliance.......or nonsense.......depending upon how you want to look at it, they had paid the price, and now were ready for expansion.

So what is the difference then?

The difference is--------> that because Trump has alleviated a lot of the planning they had to do to fit their business model into the regulatory environment created, they are able to release more cash for expansion, paying stockholders, or both. Add to that the tax cut; like it or not, and you have a tailwind for rapid expansion of our economy!

I as an honest person, (at least I think I am) and have little doubt that the Hillary economy would have done quite well also. Its' expansion would also have dwarfed the Obama economy by virtually all numbers. This because business......as I have stated...........had built in the new outlays that Obama had mandated. In all fairness to both sides, I would have expected the Hillary economy to average somewhere around 3.2% over the 1st 2 years; maybe even slightly more.

But, with Trump at the helm, AND the tax breaks to write off machinery quicker, (yeah, I know, those evil company rich people) I expect it to go over 4% quickly, IF......and that is a big IF, we can avoid a war.

I also expect the expansion to be more uneven, as is always the case in a more unregulated market. More over all growth.......yes...........but nowhere near as much consistency. Such is the nature of the beast, like it or not. We are going to see MASSIVE amounts of outlays for new equipment for factories this year, just in case the Democrats get control of congress in the midterms, and can roll some of the breaks back.

So I ask ya. Have you ever seen a post that will be panned by both left and right like this?!?!?! Hillary would have done good, Trump is doing good, but of course, the partisans will pan it because any mention that their opposite side would have/is doing good is a non-starter, correct?

Well, many of you may know politics, but the economy; and what effect things have long term/short term, not so much-)

I would have supported Obama if there weren't two aspects about him that the attached documents illustrate.
A) He told us he was an angry black man but those that supported him didn't believe or more importantly didn't CARE!
B) He has and will be anti-American, Anti-Business and anti-white.
Examples:
A) Angry Black man
Obamabiography1995.png

B) Anti-Business...
10Obamaantibusiness.png

now we wait for 25,500. I think we will hit on on wed. and Biden will still be giving 100% of the credit to Obama and Michelle

Of course it's easy to pick the first year, because the percent change is greatest right after a recession when confidence is returning to the markets. Why not pick the first 6 months?

So here's a perfect example of what Conservatives always do; when confronted with the realities that the numbers don't match their bragging, they try to redefine the parameters of what's being measured or discussed in order to cast themselves in a favorable light. But funny thing is, even doing that you're still fucking wrong.

1/20/09: 7,949.09
7/20/09: 8,848.15
+ 11%

1/20/17: 19,732.40
7/20/17: 21,612.00
+ 10%

Is 11% > or < 10%?

They're close enough for idiots to fight over. The rest of us, not so much.

yes the Obama economy continues to percolate.
Ever wonder why even with the good economy Trump still has the lowest approval rating of any president in history.
Of course none of you do.

Why does your chart only show since Trump took over?
To illustrate Obama's failure, obviously.

No, it's because you didn't want to show that Trump grew the market by a smaller % than Obama did in his first year.

And Trump also created the fewest jobs since 2012, maybe 2010 depending on December's jobs report.

Of course it's easy to pick the first year, because the percent change is greatest right after a recession when confidence is returning to the markets. Why not pick the first 6 months?

So let's summarize what happened with this thread:
  • I said that Obama grew the market more in his first year than Trump did
  • You whined that it wasn't fair for me to count the year because, apparently, a recession skews growth (?)
  • You whined that we should look at the first six months
  • Even in the first six months, Obama outpaced Trump on market growth

And let's continue the summary. You picked a time frame that did include a recession that did skew the numbers, because it causes the market to tumble, then recover to a certain extent. You then proceeded to rub paint on your face and dance around the campfire, certain that you had managed to rehabilitate the abysmal Obama economic record from certain oblivion. What you fail to acknowledge, however, is that whatever you think Obama did to cause the market to rebound, Trump has done as well, and Trump didn't have the advantage of an artificially low starting point. One would have expected Obama to have ignited an economic boom, much as Reagan did, that would have put the recession in the nation's collective rear view mirror. Instead, he managed to drag everyone through painful daily reminders of poor economic conditions, IE the slowest economic recovery ever.

So dance around your campfire while the rest of the nation enjoys the renewed economic optimism that will benefit Trump quite a lot.

yet you havent named one.

They're close enough for idiots to fight over. The rest of us, not so much.

No, they're not. You all made wild claims about the market gains under Trump. Claims that are completely false and wrong. And even when you try to redefine the parameters and move the goalposts, you still end up being wrong.

At this point, it's time to pack it in and give up.

Forum List

Back