Doug Jones: "The 2nd Amendment has limitations"...translation: i'm coming for your gun!

Really? Because I can think of quite a few limitations that have been around for decades.

Is this the level of scare tactics the GOP is resorting to?

If the constitution was taken seriously, the federal government would have no authority in this area because of the second and TENTH amendment. Article One Section 8 does not properly delegate any power to the federal government to restrict, ban, nor control firearms owned by private citizens. The limitations, if any, are at a state level because the bill of rights was not intended to apply to the states and the founders only had the authority to create the powers for the new federal government, not the states. once the bill of rights was incorporated through the 14th amendment, the entire federal structure was sent helter-skelter though.

If the constitution was taken seriously, the federal government would have no authority in this area because of the second and TENTH amendment. Article One Section 8 does not properly delegate any power to the federal government to restrict, ban, nor control firearms owned by private citizens. The limitations, if any, are at a state level because the bill of rights was not intended to apply to the states and the founders only had the authority to create the powers for the new federal government, not the states. once the bill of rights was incorporated through the 14th amendment, the entire federal structure was sent helter-skelter though.

I just mentioned that very same thing here - How is repealing the madate going to save money?

Thank You. I'm glad I'm not the ony one who realizes that.

The Supreme Court has long said there are limits.

The founders would have hanged them.

The founders would have hanged the Supreme Court? You know that's a little nuts there, don't you buddy?

As a matter of fact, please locate for us where Judicial review is to be found in Article 3 of the Constitution

Annotation 13 - Article III - FindLaw

HelloOoOoo. I said that constitution. We'll wait. Thanks!

The Supreme Court has long said there are limits.

The founders would have hanged the Supreme Court? You know that's a little nuts there, don't you buddy?

As a matter of fact, please locate for us where Judicial review is to be found in Article 3 of the Constitution

HelloOoOoo. I said that constitution.

Lots of things aren't specifically in the constitution, but are still covered by it. Only an idiot, or someone who doesn't know as much as he thinks he does about the constitution wouldn't know that.

HelloOoOoo. I said that constitution.

Lots of things aren't specifically in the constitution, but are still covered by it. Only an idiot, or someone who doesn't know as much as he thinks he does about the constitution wouldn't know that.

It wasn't there, was it? Hehe. You may go now.

Forum List

Back