Doubling State’s 1,100 Wind Turbines Won’t Replace This One Coal/Gas Plant ( Michigan)

I agree: nuclear power across the board.
Possibly, yes, but there are barriers to that. The Obama administration offered 4 government-guaranteed loans to entice companies to build power plants. Not one company took up the opportunity.

Why would they? The NIMBY and BANANA idiots will stonewall it for decades, and they know it.

Most nuclear power plants are a long way from town. After 3 Mile Island, people are quite rightly worried about nuclear power plants in their back yards. There are studies coming out of Europe showing increased cases of childhood lukemia in children living withint 5 kilometers of a nuclear plant.

A recent study in Ontario showed elevated rates of thyroid cancer and lukemia in adults living within 25 kilometers of Ontario's three nuclear power plants. Many people in the medical community criticized the study as having been "diluted" by using the 25 k radius, as opposed to the 5 k radius used in the European studies. I have an uncle who used to work at Darlington, who died young from cancer. A guy I was dating worked at Chalk River from the 1970's until he retired a few years ago. He's had 2 go-rounds with cancer. It should be part of the disclosure in your contract when you sign up as a nuclear engineer - you will die horribly of cancer.

Bullshit. The radiation level in the plant is barely (if any) above background and constantly monitored.

Sure it is. And nothing can go wrong, but there have been three major nuclear plant failures with catostrophic consequences, on three different continents. Chernoble was the worst because the Russians had such lax building standards for nuclear reactors, and corruption in communist countries being what it is, the place was an accident waiting to happen. Fukishima would seem to be the least damaging, except the radiation is affecting the entire Pacific Ocean, all the way to North America. I'm now buying Atlantic salmon as a result which makes me sad because wild BC salmon was the best!

Nothing like driving rates thru the roof in the name of your green god

The left NEVER consider that their 'green' higher energy costs hurt the poor and middle class. That is the pattern with assholes on the left, they don't care what must be sacrificed on the alter of liberalism.

Now why don't the left take the billions of dollars the piss away on stupid shit like California high speed rail and invest that into alternative energy hmmm. These liberal assholes talk out both sides of their mouths.

You don’t know what you are talking about. Let me guess. You are a Trump supporter.

1. High speed rail is an investment for people like me that travels to Las Vegas then back to Ca the same day.

2. Left has nothing to do with the dying energy like coal.

3. Like 20 years from now with all the car manufacturers are switching to electric vehicles. What do you think will happen to gasoline?

California is investing billions in clean energy away from coal.

Renewable Energy

California is leading the nation toward a 100 percent clean energy future and addressing climate change. The California Energy Commission plays a pivotal role by developing and mandating programs that use renewable energy, incentives for energy technology installation, renewable energy grants, and by ensuring the efforts benefit all Californians.
Lol
It is not an either/or thing, an all of the above thing. An all of the above strategy is best, There is no reason to villainize anything just because of political correctness. Go with what suits your area of the best.

If coal was ZERO emission the left would still try to destroy it. You have to understand the left. When they demonize and attack something is rarely for the reasons they state. They hate fossil fuels because...wait for it...CORPORATIONS profit from them. The left feel all that money should be theirs, government owned profits like fossil fuels are in other countries. That's what pisses them off about fossil fuels. This is why clean coal, clean diesel, clean natural gas, none of these arguments work on liberals because emissions really are not the reason the are attacking. Its their hatred of for profit corporations.
If we had a clean limitless source of energy, the left would still be against it. They are against material well being for the human race. They want us all to live in poverty and misery.

You’ve been listening too much with your fake messiah. You sound like attorney Giuliani.

Nobody wants the coal industry to die...... You should blame the oil industry for producing natural gas coming from 32 states.

Nothing like driving rates thru the roof in the name of your green god

The left NEVER consider that their 'green' higher energy costs hurt the poor and middle class. That is the pattern with assholes on the left, they don't care what must be sacrificed on the alter of liberalism.

Now why don't the left take the billions of dollars the piss away on stupid shit like California high speed rail and invest that into alternative energy hmmm. These liberal assholes talk out both sides of their mouths.

You don’t know what you are talking about. Let me guess. You are a Trump supporter.

1. High speed rail is an investment for people like me that travels to Las Vegas then back to Ca the same day.

3. Like 20 years from now with all the car manufacturers are switching to electric vehicles. What do you think will happen to gasoline?

Renewable Energy

California is leading the nation toward a 100 percent clean energy future and addressing climate change. The California Energy Commission plays a pivotal role by developing and mandating programs that use renewable energy, incentives for energy technology installation, renewable energy grants, and by ensuring the efforts benefit all Californians.
Lol
It is not an either/or thing, an all of the above thing. An all of the above strategy is best, There is no reason to villainize anything just because of political correctness. Go with what suits your area of the best.

If coal was ZERO emission the left would still try to destroy it. You have to understand the left. When they demonize and attack something is rarely for the reasons they state. They hate fossil fuels because...wait for it...CORPORATIONS profit from them. The left feel all that money should be theirs, government owned profits like fossil fuels are in other countries. That's what pisses them off about fossil fuels. This is why clean coal, clean diesel, clean natural gas, none of these arguments work on liberals because emissions really are not the reason the are attacking. Its their hatred of for profit corporations.
If we had a clean limitless source of energy, the left would still be against it. They are against material well being for the human race. They want us all to live in poverty and misery.

In 2016 alone solar industry employed more than 260,000 jobs. That includes installations, manufacturing and sales.

By the end of 2016, the coal industry employed approximately 50,000 miners. US employment in coal mining peaked in 1923, when there were 863,000 coal miners.

So your opinion is invalid.

Possibly, yes, but there are barriers to that. The Obama administration offered 4 government-guaranteed loans to entice companies to build power plants. Not one company took up the opportunity.

Why would they? The NIMBY and BANANA idiots will stonewall it for decades, and they know it.

Most nuclear power plants are a long way from town. After 3 Mile Island, people are quite rightly worried about nuclear power plants in their back yards. There are studies coming out of Europe showing increased cases of childhood lukemia in children living withint 5 kilometers of a nuclear plant.

A recent study in Ontario showed elevated rates of thyroid cancer and lukemia in adults living within 25 kilometers of Ontario's three nuclear power plants. Many people in the medical community criticized the study as having been "diluted" by using the 25 k radius, as opposed to the 5 k radius used in the European studies. I have an uncle who used to work at Darlington, who died young from cancer. A guy I was dating worked at Chalk River from the 1970's until he retired a few years ago. He's had 2 go-rounds with cancer. It should be part of the disclosure in your contract when you sign up as a nuclear engineer - you will die horribly of cancer.

Bullshit. The radiation level in the plant is barely (if any) above background and constantly monitored.

So...... Are you willing to live 2 miles from nuclear power plant?

So...... Are you willing to live 2 miles from nuclear power plant?
Sure.

If you drive to Las Vegas coming from California this will be on your left. It’s a massive and very impressive to look at these solar panels. It provides electricity to LV and nearby communities.

This Huge New Solar Farm Near Las Vegas Provides Power—Even At Night

Solar power keeps getting cheaper, but there’s a reason why utilities still turn to fossil fuels: it’s expensive to store solar energy for use at night or on a cloudy day, times when solar doesn’t work. But a massive new solar plant, sprawling over 1,670 acres near Las Vegas, was designed to solve that problem. It provides energy on demand, even when it’s dark.

If you drive to Las Vegas coming from California this will be on your left. It’s a massive and very impressive to look at these solar panels. It provides electricity to LV and nearby communities.

Solar power keeps getting cheaper, but there’s a reason why utilities still turn to fossil fuels: it’s expensive to store solar energy for use at night or on a cloudy day, times when solar doesn’t work. But a massive new solar plant, sprawling over 1,670 acres near Las Vegas, was designed to solve that problem. It provides energy on demand, even when it’s dark.
There nothing wrong with solar, in Some areas is it just is not a viable option.
Cold turkey solves nothing, fossil fuels are here to stay... an all of the above is the winning strategy

As of September 2018 there are approximately 1 million EV highway legal plug in vehicles. Sales are booming.

Ten to 20 years from now. What do you think will happen to gasoline producing states or countries?
The stupid left did it again.....

There nothing wrong with solar, in Some areas is it just is not a viable option.
Cold turkey solves nothing, fossil fuels are here to stay... an all of the above is the winning strategy

I’m not disagreeing with that either.

Coal will be with us for a while but usages are getting less and less as new technologies emerges. That’s a fact. No one is limiting the coal industry to stop or decrease the coal productivities.

I just don’t like idea that blaming the left why coal is dying.

Sure it is. And nothing can go wrong, but there have been three major nuclear plant failures with catostrophic consequences, on three different continents. Chernoble was the worst because the Russians had such lax building standards for nuclear reactors, and corruption in communist countries being what it is, the place was an accident waiting to happen. Fukishima would seem to be the least damaging, except the radiation is affecting the entire Pacific Ocean, all the way to North America. I'm now buying Atlantic salmon as a result which makes me sad because wild BC salmon was the best!

Three Mile Island safety standards worked. A minor release occurred. Fukishama is an example of being built in a safer area or a better infrastructure protecting the reactors built with it. Chernobyl is a different reactor then Western ones. It is called a Graphyte Reactor. I am not nuclear technician. And I have concerns like anyone else. Today newer Reactors are many many times safer then even the modern ones from decades ago.

You may want to update yourself about ......... when Obama green power plan will not start till 2022.

How Many People Work in the Coal Industry?

August 2016: the crowd is buzzing, bristling with video-ready smartphones, waiting to catch Candidate Trump's big entrance. Hard rock is blasting, and a clutch of ecstatic travel agents is waving signs emblazoned "TRUMP," peppered with clever slogans. They go wild when he takes the stage and promises to end the War on Travel Agents, rejuvenating their battered industry.

That didn't happen of course. Trump made similar promises to sign-waving industry representatives, but the industry was coal.

The reasons that coal country jobs have found themselves at the center of American politics are varied and complicated. So are the reasons behind the coal industry's decline, which led to the bankruptcies of several major firms last year, including Arch Coal Inc. (ARCH) and Peabody Energy Corp. (BTU).

Obama's Green Power Plan is often cited as one reason, but it would not have gone into effect until 2022.

Trump, who ordered Scott Pruitt's Environmental Protection Agency to review the rule in March, is expected to eliminate it. Competition from natural gas – due to fracking – has also damaged the industry, as has a broad reduction in the amount of energy required to generate economic growth. Automation has reduced the need for human labor, so that employees are faring worse even than their firms.

You may want to update yourself about ......... when Obama green power plan will not start till 2022.

How Many People Work in the Coal Industry?

August 2016: the crowd is buzzing, bristling with video-ready smartphones, waiting to catch Candidate Trump's big entrance. Hard rock is blasting, and a clutch of ecstatic travel agents is waving signs emblazoned "TRUMP," peppered with clever slogans. They go wild when he takes the stage and promises to end the War on Travel Agents, rejuvenating their battered industry.

That didn't happen of course. Trump made similar promises to sign-waving industry representatives, but the industry was coal.

The reasons that coal country jobs have found themselves at the center of American politics are varied and complicated. So are the reasons behind the coal industry's decline, which led to the bankruptcies of several major firms last year, including Arch Coal Inc. (ARCH) and Peabody Energy Corp. (BTU).

Obama's Green Power Plan is often cited as one reason, but it would not have gone into effect until 2022.

Trump, who ordered Scott Pruitt's Environmental Protection Agency to review the rule in March, is expected to eliminate it. Competition from natural gas – due to fracking – has also damaged the industry, as has a broad reduction in the amount of energy required to generate economic growth. Automation has reduced the need for human labor, so that employees are faring worse even than their firms.

Bad news champ, those 50,000 employees affect a lot of others.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/power-plants/?utm_term=.b0ee46728858

Our country has a lot of small gas wells, many of which are leased to gas companies. I was doing real estate work for the only law office in town, when I moved here, and had to take a crash course on gas well ownership, and the legal hoops for transfer of the gas rights, when I moved here, in addition to having to study up on the provincial laws in regard to wind mill leases, solar panel contracts and the like. A lot of local farmers are going off-grid, using private gas wells for heat, cooking and hot water, and solar electricity. You can sell your excess power to Hydro One at above market rates, so they're paying you instead of the other way around. This helps to defray the costs of the solar equipment.

Until recently, home owners could get rebates and subsidies to install solar electric, but the new Conservative government of Doug Ford, cancelled those subsidies. Dougie is a climate change denier. Fortunately Dougie is a bigger idiot than his drug addict brother, Rob Ford, the buffoon mayor of Toronto, and Ontario voters have had extreme buyers' remorse with this asshole, so the Conservatives are very unlikely to be re-elected.

America has coal plants. America has natural gas plants. America has oil fired plants. America has nuclear plants.

With all those ways of driving steam turbines, why do you think the only alternative is wind turbines? Couldn't wind be included in electrical generation the way coal, oil, natural gas and nuclear are?
The AGW cult believes that only solar and wind are viable alternatives.
Biomass, geothermal, tidal, hydrogen fuel cells. There are lots,of,alternatives. You should check,out the Exxon sponsored Fox News report on alternative sustainable energy!

I'm kidding! Exxon and Fox don't want you to know anything but what they tell you. Sorry.
Hydrogen fuel cells do not produce energy. They consume it. The other sources you mentioned will never be anything other than minor sources. They've never managed to construct a viable means of producing tidal energy.

Lets not forget the left routinely attack wind and solar as harmful to the environment or obstructing their ocean views. These people are insane. Its like tax increases, so long as its not impacting them personally they are all for it. As soon as they feel the impact they squeal like stuck pigs.

You are lying.

Show me where the left attack wind and solar energy.

LMAO ignorant lib challenges me. You better go check with your Cape Cod libs about how they felt about a wind farm. :itsok:

Plus you stupid dumb fucks the coal will just be shipped to China and burned dirty,
You literally just made that up. Like just now, on the spot.

^^^ proof you are ignorant on this topic. Now lets get back to the point LIBERAL POLICIES HURT THE POOR admit it.

Okay.

Give me or show me any policies from liberals that hurt the poor.

^^^ that's some funny shit right there.:21:

Renewable Energy

Lol

In 2016 alone solar industry employed more than 260,000 jobs. That includes installations, manufacturing and sales.

By the end of 2016, the coal industry employed approximately 50,000 miners. US employment in coal mining peaked in 1923, when there were 863,000 coal miners.

So your opinion is invalid.
And, yet, coal fired power plants supplied about 40% of our electric power and "renewables" supplied less than 5%

We`re producing more fossil fuels? That`s the only way that fossil fuels are here to stay.

We`re producing more fossil fuels? That`s the only way that fossil fuels are here to stay.
Lol
Nature is, More being made every day

Forum List

Back