Don't get sick, and if you do, die quickly...

No it doesn't. The market will still set the bar high cost-wise because they will not reduce their profits for any reason. Make them accept the sick, cancer patients and those with chronic illnesses that they must maintain and the cost goes even higher. We need a not-for-profit entity handling our insurance needs. Period.

I fully disagree with you and your assumption. Free market will always lower costs...get rid of the frivilous law suits...(which the politicians don't want to do, because they are in the pockets of trial lawyers) and that will bring down costs even more. A public option by our government will ruin the economy. We haven't addressed the 74 trillion dollar loss with Medicare, and the Government option will be 1/5-1/6 of our economy, think of the staggering losses which the democrats don't even want to address, nor the libs on this board. I see the reality of what's about to happen, and the libs see the "pie in the sky" on what's about to happen.

Free markets will always lower costs?

Have you ever heard of monopolies?

WTF? Where did this guy come from? Monopolies? Who's talking about monopolies? Unless youir talking about the government healthcare in 25 years...is that what your talking about?

My industry is here. I work import / export for a major trading company. All port cities are expensive - well, except for Memphis, but jobs are scarce there. Besides, my argument is not with location, but profits before services rendered, especially services that are necessary to living. The airlines are more effed up than ever and more expensive than ever. Also, look what deregulation of credit cards did. Look what deregulation of banks and lenders did.

Yes, so the PUC sets the price and then the utility company adds on to that so that they get a nice big profit, driving up the price for me even more. That is why my private electricity costs 10% more than my parents' TVA electricty. The middle-man has been cut out.

Like I said, everyone makes choices. I lived in Ca. for 41 years, and came up here for the benefit of cost of living, and quality of living. CC and banks are amping up the cost of doing service to try and pay back the government. That is from government intervention.

Your cost of electricity has a lot to do with state and local taxes, I would think.

For those wondering what the Republican plan is, you can see it here in action:

Mom’s death is only relief from medical debt
After battling breast cancer and medical bills for years, a Texas mother dies, finally allowing her family to pay their debts and get insured
msnbc.com Video Player

Hey take off those blue sunglasses for a min so you can see the republicans have plans.

Type GOP health plan into google....oh here ill do the work

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRJJRTT4HUA&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - A health care plan for America[/ame]

here is a list of the bills the republicans introduced that the dems have shut down

Republican Health Care Plans shot down by the Democrat congress

H.R. 198 Health Care Tax Deduction Act
H.R. 502 Health Care Freedom of Choice Act
H.R. 544 Flexible Health Savings Act
H.R. 879 Affordable Health Care Expansion Act
H.R. 1891 Sunset of Life Protection Act
H.R. 2607 The Small Business Health Fairness Act
H.R. 3217 Health Care Choice Act
H.R. 3218 Improving Health Care for All Americans Act
H.R. 3508 Healthy Savings Act
H.R. 3821 Improved Employee Access to Health Insurance Act
H.R. 3822 Improved Access to Employer Financed Health Insurance Act
H.R. 3823 Medicaid and SCHIP Beneficiary Choice Improvement Act
H.R. 3824 Expanded Health Insurance Options Act

Rooting Out Waste, Fraud, Abuse and Enhancing Transparency

H.R. 27 Medicare Fraud Prevention and Enforcement Act
R. 203 Medicare Fraud Prevention Act
H.R. 2249 Health Care Price Transparency Promotion Act
H.R. 2785 Health Care Paperwork Reduction and Fraud Prevention Act

Medical Liability Reform

H.R. 1086 Help Efficient, Accessible, Low-cost, Timely Healthcare Act
H.R. 1468 Medical Justice Act
H.R. 2787 Medical Liability Procedural Reform Act
H.R. 2975 Medical Practice Protection Act
H.R. 3372 Health Care Over Use Reform Today Act

Prevention/Wellness

H.R. 3468 Promoting Health and Preventing Chronic Disease through Prevention and Wellness Programs for Employees, Communities, and Individuals Act

Preserving Doctor/Patient Relationship

H.R. 2516 Medical Rights Act
H.R. 3002 Patients Act

Like I said, everyone makes choices.

Yes. they do, but if your career requires you to be near a major port, that does limit things quite a bit. I'm certainly not going to change careers now. Not like I could find a job anyway if I did, since all the entry level jobs are now going overseas as well.

Why would I want to go back to square one?

Like I said, everyone makes choices.

Yes. they do, but if your career requires you to be near a major port, that does limit things quite a bit. I'm certainly not going to change careers now. Not like I could find a job anyway if I did, since all the entry level jobs are now going overseas as well.

Why would I want to go back to square one?

Don't get me wrong, I do understand exactly what your saying, especially in this work enviroment that we have.

For those wondering what the Republican plan is, you can see it here in action:

Mom’s death is only relief from medical debt
After battling breast cancer and medical bills for years, a Texas mother dies, finally allowing her family to pay their debts and get insured
msnbc.com Video Player

Dieing because mother nature has decided that its someone's time sounds a hell lot more humane than allowing someone to die because the politicians have decided its time for grandma to go into the netherworld.

Obama care, Democrat plan fill out this form and go wait in the line we will call you in a month or two if you haven't died yet to set up an appointment some time next year, if you are a taxpayer, if you are on publi aid or retired take an asprin!!!

I fully disagree with you and your assumption. Free market will always lower costs...get rid of the frivilous law suits...(which the politicians don't want to do, because they are in the pockets of trial lawyers) and that will bring down costs even more. A public option by our government will ruin the economy. We haven't addressed the 74 trillion dollar loss with Medicare, and the Government option will be 1/5-1/6 of our economy, think of the staggering losses which the democrats don't even want to address, nor the libs on this board. I see the reality of what's about to happen, and the libs see the "pie in the sky" on what's about to happen.

Free markets will always lower costs?

Have you ever heard of monopolies?

WTF? Where did this guy come from? Monopolies? Who's talking about monopolies? Unless youir talking about the government healthcare in 25 years...is that what your talking about?

I'm saying that free markets don't always lower costs, in some cases the market can be in a monopoly situation where one or more participant effectively control the market. And in those cases, costs are not lower.

Obama care, Democrat plan fill out this form and go wait in the line we will call you in a month or two if you haven't died yet to set up an appointment some time next year, if you are a taxpayer, if you are on publi aid or retired take an asprin!!!

I love it when people post such comments attached to a story which clearly shows this result with the current system.

Fuck you too, Frank.

Emma, Medicare is something like 74 trillion dollars in debt at this point. The public option healthcare will be far worse...even though we don't have a perfect healthcare system, we just can't afford to sustain this kind of debt. It WILL ruin our economy.
No, it's not.

The primary reason why Medicare runs in the red is the majority of those covered by medicare subsidized by payroll taxes aren't paying premiums. Only $2.9 billion of its income of nearly $231 billion comes from its client base --- which are statistically the sickest demographic.

Trustees Report Summary

Excuse the fuck out of me. But I paid into Medicare/Social Security my entire adult life, and when i was forced to go on medicare (That happens when you become disabled) I am still paying about $200 a month in premiums. Now understand that I am retired from the US Army And when I was a young dumb private i was promised free health and dental coverage for life if i only served 20 years. Well I did 22 years and where is that coverage? Sure as hell isn't Medicare.

Forum List

Back