Don't be foolish, O Christians

https://carm.org/false-prophecies-of-joseph-smith

PROPHETS MUST BE 100% CORRECT AND OBV. Joseph fails the test.

Not if you at a credible source. Let's look at the first one on your list. And let's look at what Joseph actually said in his own words.

I was once praying very earnestly to know the time of the coming of the Son of Man, when I heard a voice repeat the following:

Joseph, my son, if thou livest until thou art eighty-five years old, thou shalt see the face of the Son of Man; therefore let this suffice, and trouble me no more on this matter.

I was left thus, without being able to decide whether this coming referred to the beginning of the millennium or to some previous appearing, or whether I should die and thus see his face.

I believe the coming of the Son of Man will not be any sooner than that time." (D&C 130:14-17)

So Joseph predicted that the second coming would not occur before 1891. And it didn't.

Check Joseph accurately predicted the civil war as well as the timeline to the world wars in D&C 87 and your site is trying to pretend it's a false prophesy.

Or Isaiah 11 which has been partially fulfilled. The Lord did raise an ensign to the world and commence gathering Israel. The rest will be fulfilled at the coming of Christ. Or are you suggesting that Joseph lied when he said Isaiah 11 would be fulfilled? It seems to me you would have to deny your own faith to prove Joseph someone falsely prophecies.

In fact Joseph, or rather, the Book of Mormon prophecies of you.

And because my words shall hiss forth—many of the Gentiles shall say: A Bible! A Bible! We have got a Bible, and there cannot be any more Bible. (2 Nephi 29:3)

Wo be unto him that shall say: We have received the word of God, and we need no more of the word of God, for we have enough!

For behold, thus saith the Lord God: I will give unto the children of men line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my counsel, for they shall learn wisdom; for unto him that receiveth I will give more; and from them that shall say, We have enough, from them shall be taken away even that which they have. (2 Nephi 28:29-30)

I've always found it amusing that those who attack the Book of Mormon and diefy the Bible to be something it doesn't claim to be prove the prophetic character of the Book of Mormon.

But you don't have to take my word for it. Read it for yourself. And when you have read it ponder the message and mercy of the Lord. Then take the challenge and ask the Lord with a sincere heart and He will show you the Book of Mormon is true. And it's the greatest asset we have to defend the faith of Jesus Christ in our day.

Look at this thread. Muslim will not contend against the Book of Mormon. He Cannot. And you've found it, with it's testimony of Christ to be a bigger threat to your faith than Islam. It's interesting to see.

Anonymous, the hadiths Bukhari are well regarded by Muslims

The quran says the sun orbits the earth, therefore it is not from God.

when the quran says, at sura 21.33 and 36.40 and 36.38 that the sun has an orbit, Imams falsely claim this is a great revelation, because Muhammad knew the sun had an orbit in the galaxy. But the quran is actually saying the sun orbits the flat earth and is reset every dawn , and I can prove it with the following hadith.

Hadith Bukhari Volume 4, Book 54, Number 421:
Narrated Abu Dhar:

The Prophet asked me at sunset, "Do you know where the sun goes (at the time of sunset)?" I replied, "Allah and His Apostle know better." He said, "It goes (i.e. travels) till it prostrates Itself underneath the Throne and takes the permission to rise again, and it is permitted and then (a time will come when) it will be about to prostrate itself but its prostration will not be accepted, and it will ask permission to go on its course but it will not be permitted, but it will be ordered to return whence it has come and so it will rise in the west. And that is the interpretation of the Statement of Allah: "And the sun Runs its fixed course For a term (decreed). that is The Decree of (Allah) The Exalted in Might, The All-Knowing." (36.38)

As can be seen it says that if the sun changed direction it would rise in the west. But if the sun changed direction in its orbit in the galaxy it would make no difference to the sun rising in the east, because it is the rotation of the earth that causes the appearance of the sun in the east. The hadith is clearly saying the sun orbits the earth, and it is a fuller explanation of verse 36.38 in the quran.

You are lying. The Qur'an says the earth is round. It does not say it bluntly but it indicates it: "He merges the night into the day and He merges the day into the night." I have already talked to you about this. The Qur'an also says: "We are able to put in perfect order the very tips of his fingers."

When God says "We", you don't say this is false because a true God would have said "I". But when He talks about suns and stars you want to restrict it to absolutely scientific meanings and theorems. This is not a book of mathematics. It is a book from God, revealed to His beloved (peace be upon him and his family). God has His way of saying things. It does not make it false because of what humans needed thousands of years to finally bring forth what we know as "science".

Firstly I am not lying, I am telling you what I truly believe. If you read the hadith I quoted and then my notes on it you will see I am absolutely correct that the hadith says the sun orbits the earth, and this hadith is a fuller explanation of the Quran verse 36.38.

The Quran is obscure and there are many things that cannot be precisely understood, but the hadiths sometimes clarify the meanings. The only excuse you can have is that this hadith is false otherwise it is certain I am right and the hadith, and the Quran both say the sun orbits the earth, and therefore it is not from God.

You make the point that when God supposedly speaks in the Quran he says 'we' not 'I' and this would indicate that God is not one as the Quran claims.

Not if you at a credible source. Let's look at the first one on your list. And let's look at what Joseph actually said in his own words.

I was once praying very earnestly to know the time of the coming of the Son of Man, when I heard a voice repeat the following:

Joseph, my son, if thou livest until thou art eighty-five years old, thou shalt see the face of the Son of Man; therefore let this suffice, and trouble me no more on this matter.

I was left thus, without being able to decide whether this coming referred to the beginning of the millennium or to some previous appearing, or whether I should die and thus see his face.

I believe the coming of the Son of Man will not be any sooner than that time." (D&C 130:14-17)

So Joseph predicted that the second coming would not occur before 1891. And it didn't.

Check Joseph accurately predicted the civil war as well as the timeline to the world wars in D&C 87 and your site is trying to pretend it's a false prophesy.

Or Isaiah 11 which has been partially fulfilled. The Lord did raise an ensign to the world and commence gathering Israel. The rest will be fulfilled at the coming of Christ. Or are you suggesting that Joseph lied when he said Isaiah 11 would be fulfilled? It seems to me you would have to deny your own faith to prove Joseph someone falsely prophecies.

And because my words shall hiss forth—many of the Gentiles shall say: A Bible! A Bible! We have got a Bible, and there cannot be any more Bible. (2 Nephi 29:3)

Wo be unto him that shall say: We have received the word of God, and we need no more of the word of God, for we have enough!

For behold, thus saith the Lord God: I will give unto the children of men line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my counsel, for they shall learn wisdom; for unto him that receiveth I will give more; and from them that shall say, We have enough, from them shall be taken away even that which they have. (2 Nephi 28:29-30)

I've always found it amusing that those who attack the Book of Mormon and diefy the Bible to be something it doesn't claim to be prove the prophetic character of the Book of Mormon.

But you don't have to take my word for it. Read it for yourself. And when you have read it ponder the message and mercy of the Lord. Then take the challenge and ask the Lord with a sincere heart and He will show you the Book of Mormon is true. And it's the greatest asset we have to defend the faith of Jesus Christ in our day.

Look at this thread. Muslim will not contend against the Book of Mormon. He Cannot. And you've found it, with it's testimony of Christ to be a bigger threat to your faith than Islam. It's interesting to see.

you have zero proof the BOM was written by the Spirit- zero. Lots of other examples. I will get some questions ready asap for you.

you have zero proof the BOM was written by the Spirit- zero. Lots of other examples. I will get some questions ready asap for you.

sure I do. I asked the Lord. After I studied it.

I've been encouraging you to do the same.

Av- here are a few questions I have for you;

How do you explain the fact that 2 Nephi 16:2 is copied from an older version of the KJV in Isaiah 6:2?

If the Book of Mormon is true, then why has the Mormon church changed it? Gerald and Sandra Tanner have counted over 3900 changes in the book of Mormon, excluding punctuation changes.

Mormonism teaches only God the Father had a real human body at the time Adam was created; but why did God the Father say, "Let us make man in OUR image"? Why didn't He just say, "Let us make man in MY image?" (Gen. 1:26).

Why does the Mormon Church still teach that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God after he made a false prophecy about a temple being built in Missouri in his generation (D &C 84:1-5)?

Why is the Passover mentioned 71 times in the Bible, but ZERO times in the Book of Mormon?

If God is an exalted man with a body of flesh and bones, why does Alma 18:26-28 and John 4:24 say that God is a spirit?

Muslims use up to 20 different versions of the Koran.

there's as much proof that the BoM was divinely inspired as there is any book in the bible.

i personally don't believe in it, but mormons do, and my albeit limited experience with them has been that they are by and large honest people that earnestly believe in their faith, a faith that professes a love for jesus and inspires them to do right by their fellow man.
i can't imagine that god would have a problem with that

there's as much proof that the BoM was divinely inspired as there is any book in the bible.

i personally don't believe in it, but mormons do, and my albeit limited experience with them has been that they are by and large honest people that earnestly believe in their faith, a faith that professes a love for jesus and inspires them to do right by their fellow man.

God has a problem with cults and false gods.

God has a problem with cults and false gods.
well we do pray for the reconciliation of the church. until that time though, i put my faith in john 14:6, believing that those that earnestly seek and believe will find god.

A True Prophet

Mormon Article of Faith #8: "We Believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God." Why do you only add the phrase, "as far as it is translated correctly" to describe the Bible and not after the book of Mormon when in fact there are far more translating errors in the Book of Mormon than the Bible?

Because the Book of Mormon was translated by the power of God.

And why should we believe the Bible where it's been incorrectly translated?

THE Book of Mormon was translated by a sinful human, with many errors; the Bible was not.

So who are these sinless humans that translated the Bible. And which translation did they translate?
God said the KJV is his word. Did he not tell you the same thing?

I just want to see Christians argue with this guy why their god is real and not his.
no need to argue....he's made his choices, I've made mine, you've made yours.....out of the three, only one has made the claim he could prove he was right......it wasn't him and it wasn't me........

Av- here are a few questions I have for you;
Ill do what I can to answer. Though co spidering they are boilerplate questions that have been asked and answered for decades a little research would probably give you a far more in depth answer than I can provide with limited time to construct a proper response.

How do you explain the fact that 2 Nephi 16:2 is copied from an older version of the KJV in Isaiah 6:2?

The fact that 2 Nephi 16 is quoting Isaiah 6. Wouldn't you expect it to be similar?

I think the better question is how did Joseph Smith get the Book of Mormon passages of Isaiah to more accurately reflect the original text then the king James version?

If the Book of Mormon is true, then why has the Mormon church changed it? Gerald and Sandra Tanner have counted over 3900 changes in the book of Mormon, excluding punctuation changes.

I've already answered this. Grammar is more than punctuation. Not to mention there were discrepancies between the original manuscript and the manuscript used by the printer so the second edition fixed those. Include those made to make it flow better in English and to make it plaintext so people cannot misunderstand. Also the fact that the first edition wasn't organized in chapter and verse as it is today.

As for the exact number, I'm not sure the tanners are reliable for any real information. I've found them playing with the facts too often for my taste. I tend to double check what they claim before accepting it.

Mormonism teaches only God the Father had a real human body at the time Adam was created; but why did God the Father say, "Let us make man in OUR image"? Why didn't He just say, "Let us make man in MY image?" (Gen. 1:26).

I think that question causes more problems with your version of Christianity than mine but it should be obvious that the Father was talking with Christ. You guys deny that either had a physical body at the time. I much prefer physical than human. Human implies mortal when the body our Heavenly Father, and now Christ, has is a perfect immortal body.

If you would sincerely like more information on this I highly recommend reading Ether 3.

Ether 3

Why does the Mormon Church still teach that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God after he made a false prophecy about a temple being built in Missouri in his generation (D &C 84:1-5)?

Three problems with your analysis.

It says that gathering will start when the temple is built in this place. The pronoun is unfortunately ambiguous. The revelation was received in Kirtland where a temple was built only a few years later and was the beginning of the gather ing.

Second, it's ambiguous what the Lord meant by generation. After all a day for Him is a thousand years. Did he mean those alive? Did He mean this dispensation? You can ask Him

Third, it's not really a prophesy. It's a command. If the Lord tells us Thou shall not kill in this generation, and we do so anyway, it's not a false prophesy it's a disobeyed command.

Again the real question is why do you ignore the actual prediction Joseph made? Like the Stephen Douglas prophesy? Or the prophesy on wars? Or the fact that people such as yourself would proclaim that the Bible is enough and they need no more word of God? Or the prophesy of his death. Or the prophesy that Willard Richard would have bullets flying around him and would not be injured? Or that Dan Jones would survive to serve a mission? I could go on but you get my point.

Why is the Passover mentioned 71 times in the Bible, but ZERO times in the Book of Mormon?

The Book of Mormon mentions the people keeping the law of Moses multiple times. But as the Book of Mormon is a book abridged by Mormon nearly 400 years after Christ fulfilled the law of Moses, and that He was writing to persuade men in our day to come to Christ, why would you expect Him to detail every holiday the people celebrated?

Also, you do realize that much of the Bible discussing Passover was the actual law instructing people on the Passover and the people celebrating it till Christ came, mostly the old testament.

If God is an exalted man with a body of flesh and bones, why does Alma 18:26-28 and John 4:24 say that God is a spirit?

Alma 18 is a missionary discussion with someone who has almost no understanding of God. Ammon was using the investigators language to teach Him not making a doctrinal point on the physical body our Father has. Not to mention Christ did not have a body at this point.

John 4 more accurately translated says God is Spirit. In fact the next verse mentions how we are to worship Him in Spirit. Does that mean we have to remove ourselves from our physical bodies to worship God? Look at context here.

God is also truth, love, and light. Are you suggesting that the scriptures are describing is appearance or His character?

Now when are you going to answer my questions? Which bible is the correct translation? Why should we believe the Bible when it's not translated correctly?

Moreover when are you going to read the Book of Mormon yourself and come up with your own questions instead of asking the asked and answered ones?

A True Prophet

Mormon Article of Faith #8: "We Believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God." Why do you only add the phrase, "as far as it is translated correctly" to describe the Bible and not after the book of Mormon when in fact there are far more translating errors in the Book of Mormon than the Bible?

THE Book of Mormon was translated by a sinful human, with many errors; the Bible was not.

So who are these sinless humans that translated the Bible. And which translation did they translate?

That doesn't tell me who the sinless people are

Single account witnessing such as muslin and Buddhism is not from God. They are copy cats but without truly understanding the meaning of witnessing. True will use the more valid multiple account witnessing. He will send warnings seriously about bearing false witnessing.

The true God forewarned false witnessing with His 10 commandments. And the Jews are with the custom that single account witnessing is deemed illegal. The true has made muslin and buddhism as illegal some thousands of years ago.

Matthew 19:18-19 (KJV)
He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

It is because humans can bear false witnessing that God arranged the martyrdom of Jesus Christ's direct witnesses. 10 out of 11 direct disciples of Jesus Christ were martyred for what they witnessed, as no witnessing can be made more valid than those bearing the witnessing martyred themselves for what has been said. Only the true God but not the copy cats ever knows this!

A True Prophet

That doesn't tell me who the sinless people are
OK, I will admit that not a one of the people who worked on the King James translation was sinless it is a translation approved by God.

Single account witnessing such as muslin and Buddhism is not from God. They are copy cats but without truly understanding the meaning of witnessing. True will use the more valid multiple account witnessing. He will send warnings seriously about bearing false witnessing.

The true God forewarned false witnessing with His 10 commandments. And the Jews are with the custom that single account witnessing is deemed illegal. The true has made muslin and buddhism as illegal some thousands of years ago.

Matthew 19:18-19 (KJV)
He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

It is because humans can bear false witnessing that God arranged the martyrdom of Jesus Christ's direct witnesses. 10 out of 11 direct disciples of Jesus Christ were martyred for what they witnessed, as no witnessing can be made more valid than those bearing the witnessing martyred themselves for what has been said. Only the true God but not the copy cats ever knows this!
You lost me here. What is it that a single person can not witness?

I have never understood why Muslim's don't recognize their father as Ishmael, I just think the prophet Muhammad(may he burn along side his master, Lucifer), actually fooled billions, well, the Bible did say that was going to happen. Enjoy the heat, when you meet Muhammad(now that I think about it, he might just have been Lucifer, he was at very least the false prophet).

You need, O people, to consider the Muslims' belief. Namely, that we Muslims are more worthy of Jesus than you Christians. Namely, that Jesus has strong hate for you, and that waves of destruction come upon you from Jesus, from Moses, from Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family), from God Almighty.

Jesus wonders about the ones who dare say that God Almighty let him down and so he was crucified. Jesus wonders about the cross found in churches, or around your necks. You actually think God made him talk in the cradle, making Mary innocent of what she was accused of, but then in the end God asked him to give his life up for the sake of others. You actually think God will spill the blood of His friends in order to save all mankind. God has no other way to do that, or so you think.

If you want to know to truth, if you care for it, God raised up His friend, Jesus, to Him; and made the enemy of Jesus to die on the cross. That enemy of Jesus kept saying he was not Jesus, but they crucified him anyway because God made him look like Jesus. That's quite a difference with what Pope Francis and Pope Benedict XVI believes. If you don't care for the truth, waves of destruction come upon you from Jesus, from Moses, from Abraham, from Ismail, from Jonah, from Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family), from Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman, Ali (may God ennoble his face), from God Almighty, Praised and Exalted.

The Women (Surah 4), V 154-158

154. And for their covenant we raised over them (the towering height) of Mount (Sinai); and (on another occasion) we said: "Enter the gate with humility"; and (once again) we commanded them: "Transgress not in the matter of the sabbath." And we took from them a solemn covenant.

155. (They have incurred divine displeasure): In that they broke their covenant; that they rejected the signs of Allah. that they slew the Messengers in defiance of right; that they said, "Our hearts are the wrappings (which preserve Allah.s Word; We need no more)";- Nay, Allah hath set the seal on their hearts for their blasphemy, and little is it they believe;-

156. That they rejected Faith; that they uttered against Mary a grave false charge;

157. That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah.;- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-

158. Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise

You need, O people, to consider the Muslims' belief. Namely, that we Muslims are more worthy of Jesus than you Christians. Namely, that Jesus has strong hate for you, and that waves of destruction come upon you from Jesus

Have you ever actually read the teachings of Jesus? I recommend you start reading the new testament.

You will find that Jesus says things like. "love your enemies" and "forgive them that persecute you"

Your ignorant ramblings about Jesus show you know nothing about him.

Forum List

Back