Donald Trump's greatest achievement.

Could there be any greater achievement?

• Total voters
When one side takes an extreme position, the other side often does the same in response. In the aftermath of the Parkland shooting, the gun lobby's refusal to support sensible, modest measures like raising the age for rifles to 21 and universal background checks has pushed some on the left to call for repealing the Second Amendment.

The anti-gun lobby's reaction has been just as extreme: They are placing 99% of the blame on guns, guns, guns, and are virtually ignoring the repeated and egregious failures of the local police, not to mention the failure of the FBI, the failure of the legal guardian, the misguided program that encouraged the police not to arrest teens for actions that would normally warrant arrest, and the cop at the school who refused to engage the shooter.
no infringement on our rights is modest or reasonable.

and the left has mocked every other reasonable option.

down with or rights or nothing, that's their stance.

It's not an infringement to have to wait till you're 21 to buy a rifle. We make teens wait till their 21 to buy beer; we can certainly make them wait to buy rifles. Nor is it an infringement to require that anyone who buys a gun undergo a background check. If you want to work as a daycare worker, you undergo a background check--no rights infringed. If you want to be a foster parent or host an exchange student, you undergo a background check--no rights infringed there either.

When one side takes an extreme position, the other side often does the same in response. In the aftermath of the Parkland shooting, the gun lobby's refusal to support sensible, modest measures like raising the age for rifles to 21 and universal background checks has pushed some on the left to call for repealing the Second Amendment.

The anti-gun lobby's reaction has been just as extreme: They are placing 99% of the blame on guns, guns, guns, and are virtually ignoring the repeated and egregious failures of the local police, not to mention the failure of the FBI, the failure of the legal guardian, the misguided program that encouraged the police not to arrest teens for actions that would normally warrant arrest, and the cop at the school who refused to engage the shooter.
no infringement on our rights is modest or reasonable.

and the left has mocked every other reasonable option.

down with or rights or nothing, that's their stance.

It's not an infringement to have to wait till you're 21 to buy a rifle. We make teens wait till their 21 to buy beer; we can certainly make them wait to buy rifles. Nor is it an infringement to require that anyone who buys a gun undergo a background check. If you want to work as a daycare worker, you undergo a background check--no rights infringed. If you want to be a foster parent or host an exchange student, you undergo a background check--no rights infringed there either.
drinking beer or fostering kids isn't a right.

not allowing someone to buy a product is CLEARLY an infringement. And a background check is a violation of privacy. I don't support that b/c they can just buy it illegally, which creates more crime.

He has made the left admit word for word that repealing the second amendment is there goal. Donald Trump si the greatest President in history.

Trump didn't do it. Trump even decided that it was better to ignore the 2A, until someone told him that all these nutters who support him think their gun is an extension of their penis and love their guns more than their own family.

The number of school shootings, and other shootings, has brought the issue to the fore.

He has made the left admit word for word that repealing the second amendment is there goal. Donald Trump si the greatest President in history.
I'm on the left. You don't get any more liberal than me. And that's not my goal. I want some guns restricted. Some guns prohibited. That has nothing to do with repealing the 2nd amendment.

When are you fuckers going to get a rational argument on this issue?

I'm on the left. You don't get any more liberal than me. And that's not my goal. I want some guns restricted. Some guns prohibited. That has nothing to do with repealing the 2nd amendment.

When are you fuckers going to get a rational argument on this issue?
your stance is unconstitutional and therefore unreasonable.

Trump didn't do it. Trump even decided that it was better to ignore the 2A, until someone told him that all these nutters who support him think their gun is an extension of their penis and love their guns more than their own family.

The number of school shootings, and other shootings, has brought the issue to the fore.

The Democrats lie in wait for each incident that provides them with the opportunity to stoke an issue they've been raising by degrees since the Kennedy assassination. Now we're finally seeing public expressions of their desired endgame.

shall not be infringed

you don't get pick and choose our rights, that's why we have the Constitution, to keep people, like you, from voting them away.
You're not infringed, you can still bear arms. You just got no business, as a civilian, owning a weapons designed for war. It is illegal for you to start a war, so why have a weapon of war? You think you should be able to own an F-16? How about a Cobra gun ship? Does the 2nd amendment allow you to buy one of those?

shall not be infringed

you don't get pick and choose our rights, that's why we have the Constitution, to keep people, like you, from voting them away.
You're not infringed, you can still bear arms. You just got no business, as a civilian, owning a weapons designed for war. It is illegal for you to start a war, so why have a weapon of war? You think you should be able to own an F-16? How about a Cobra gun ship? Does the 2nd amendment allow you to buy one of those?

"Infringed" does not mean "sometimes".

So, a thread about Don Trump's achievements has turned into a generic discussion about gun rights. Yes, seems right and fair. 2nd Amendment comes under greatest challenges and danger under Donnie's watch. He doesn't have the respect or leadership ability to handle this issue and crisis. If we lose any 2nd Amendment rights it will be on his shoulders.and part of his legacy.

do you have a link of them, as a group, actually stating they want to repeal it?

a former scotus isn't the dnc and not enough of a leader

Especially since that former SC judge is a republican.

Seriously? You believe John Paul Stevens is a Republican? I didn't think I could think you were any dumber than I thought before. I stand corrected.

JPS is a Republican. Wow, that's classic

shall not be infringed

From the class clown. The right to bear arms doesn't require government to sell you arms, Bozo

your stance is unconstitutional and therefore unreasonable.
What's unconstitutional? You still have the right to bear arms. You just can't bear some of them.

The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Hmm. You don't know what infringed means and you don't own a dictionary?

Also, you're lying. You're implying that if we ban semi-automatics you'll be happy and become a second amendment supporter. Actually, you'll move on to the next thing to ban. There is no compromise which you would accept to settle the issue. If you get your way, you will eventually ban all guns

Two Thumbs, post: 19623052,
not allowing someone to buy a product is CLEARLY an infringement.

You are not allowed to by auto-matic firearms. Not being allowed to buy any firearm designed to be most efficient at mass murder is not an infringement on anyone's SA right or any right.

You make a Stupid argument. Alchohol and cigarettes are products.

And you accept having your purchasing rights infringed upon every single minute of every single days.

It's no wonder the shooting victims and their peers from the right middle and left are calling BS on Assaut Rifle Nuts. The latter can't even make a clear case defending the easy purchaseanility of Assault Rifles by any law abiding citizen that wants to play with one.

It is not my goal.

Next.

It is what you are fighting for though since you are in lock step with people who are

That's a weird thing for you to engage on.... considering your inability to admit that you fully support Trump.

As I have told you before. I'm a gun owner. My son is a cop. I grew up shooting. Your accusations are stupid.

do you have a link of them, as a group, actually stating they want to repeal it?

a former scotus isn't the dnc and not enough of a leader

Especially since that former SC judge is a republican.

Seriously? You believe John Paul Stevens is a Republican? I didn't think I could think you were any dumber than I thought before. I stand corrected.

JPS is a Republican. Wow, that's classic

Man. You never fail do you?

I don't make statements of fact that I have not checked. I'm wrong sometimes, but you should have learned by now that challenging me on facts is usually not going to end well for you.

The man is a republican.

Since you are such a stand-up guy, I'm sure you'll issue a heart felt apology.

kaz, post: 19623273
Also, you're lying. You're implying that if we ban semi-automatics you'll be happy and become a second amendment supporter. Actually, you'll move on to the next thing to ban.

You call someone that does not agree with you a liar based on your admitted paranoia and unjustified fear that they are out to strip you of your right to own any gun whatsoever, The slippery slippery slope argument.

Excessive paranoia can be a serious mental disorder which perhaps you should get checked out specifically since you sound like you are miffed at losing your right to own any automatic machine gun you want to own and play with.

Many gun owners support background checks and a ban on high capacity magazines and assault rifles. It's not just coming from leftists who would ban BB guns if they could,

Banning semi automatic assault rifles is sensible and must get done.

Don't worry you will still have plenty of toys to play with after that to resist the government tyranny that you also likely fear is coming.

Forum List

Back