Donald Trump Position Paper on the 2nd Amendment

Good luck loading the page right now. May have to come back when its not getting pummeled.

UPDATE: its back online

As a CCL holder I like the idea of a National Right to Carry.

Second Amendment Rights

If you're licensed to carry in your State the Constitution requires other States to recognize it. But when did the Constitution stand in the way of most anything a State wants to do.

Article 4, Section 1

Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State. And the Congress may by general Laws prescribe the Manner in which such Acts, Records, and Proceedings shall be proved, and the Effect thereof.
Not true. My license does not permit me to conceal carry anywhere in the US. Some states have laws that will allow it however (Licensed in another state to carry in their state)

Guess you only bothered to read the first sentence of my post. Carry on.

Good luck loading the page right now. May have to come back when its not getting pummeled.

UPDATE: its back online

As a CCL holder I like the idea of a National Right to Carry.

Second Amendment Rights

If you're licensed to carry in your State the Constitution requires other States to recognize it. But when did the Constitution stand in the way of most anything a State wants to do.

Article 4, Section 1

Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State. And the Congress may by general Laws prescribe the Manner in which such Acts, Records, and Proceedings shall be proved, and the Effect thereof.
Not true. My license does not permit me to conceal carry anywhere in the US. Some states have laws that will allow it however (Licensed in another state to carry in their state)
His point is how it ought to be. I am against forcing states to adopt laws like that btw.
Trump's position here is at odds with positions he's taken in the past. I guess these poll-tested much better than his old positions.

Technically no law required, just follow the damn Constitution.

Fix Our Broken Mental Health System

Let’s be clear about this. Our mental health system is broken. It needs to be fixed. Too many politicians have ignored this problem for too long.

All of the tragic mass murders that occurred in the past several years have something in common – there were red flags that were ignored. We can’t allow that to continue. We need to expand treatment programs, because most people with mental health problems aren’t violent, they just need help. But for those who are violent, a danger to themselves or others, we need to get them off the street before they can terrorize our communities. This is just common sense.

And why does this matter to law-abiding gun owners? Once again, because they get blamed by anti-gun politicians, gun control groups and the media for the acts of deranged madmen. When one of these tragedies occurs, we can count on two things: one, that opponents of gun rights will immediately exploit it to push their political agenda; and two, that none of their so-called “solutions” would have prevented the tragedy in the first place. They’ve even admitted it.

We need real solutions to address real problems. Not grandstanding or political agendas.

BAM! Somebody said something. It's about time.
Yeah I grabbed the last two sections and YES the place is busy.. Same link as OP

"NATIONAL RIGHT TO CARRY. The right of self-defense doesn’t stop at the end of your driveway. That’s why I have a concealed carry permit and why tens of millions of Americans do too. That permit should be valid in all 50 states. A driver’s license works in every state, so it’s common sense that a concealed carry permit should work in every state. If we can do that for driving – which is a privilege, not a right – then surely we can do that for concealed carry, which is a right, not a privilege.

MILITARY BASES AND RECRUITING CENTERS. Banning our military from carrying firearms on bases and at recruiting centers is ridiculous. We train our military how to safely and responsibly use firearms, but our current policies leave them defenseless. To make America great again, we need a strong military. To have a strong military, we need to allow them to defend themselves."

The RIGHT to carry SHOULD be a NATIONAL right because it IS a right given to ALL of us.

I don't see anything about everyone should be able to carry at work?

You can in TX unless the employer prohibits it. There are such a thing as private property rights.

He's got his finger in the air. The president can't implement those things but he can use the bully pulpit and maybe some deal making leverage. I'd love to cross state lines with my weapons but there would be massive opposition to it. Oregon isn't bad, but California? ain't gonna happen.
The Bill of Rights are your civil rights. He CAN with hold funding and the courts would back him.
The president doesn't fund anything and it's an Amendment, not part of the BoR.

Hey dumbass the first 10 amendments are the bill of rights. Here's a thought, how about State refuse to recognize the drivers licenses and faghadist marriage licenses form States that don't honor their concealed carry licenses. What would you lefties think of that?

Forum List

Back