Donald Trump Claims That He Can "Handle" DeSantis If He Runs

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
See? This is why I'm not as big of a Trump supporter anymore. Trump was a great president, but he's not anywhere near being a team player. I don't think that DeSantis will run, but it still doesn't give him the right to speak against a member of his own party. Especially the way he did.

Well, apparently Trump was willing to steal his "make America great again" slogan from Reagan, but wasn't willing to remember Reagan's 11th Commandment:

"Thou shalt not speak ill of any fellow Republican".

But, in the shitshow we saw during his campaign for president where he repeatedly badmouthed fellow Republicans, as well as the way he spoke ill of his fellow Republicans as president, guess we should have seen this coming (yet again).

Trump is only for Trump, not his fellow Republicans or even his followers. Trump's 11th Commandment probably reads "Thou shalt not speak ill of ME!"

Trump will never get an opportunity to destroy DeSantis.

DeSantis will never risk going head to head against Trump.

With the way things have been going for The Donald lately (losing support from his base, lawsuits, documents, etc.), I'm pretty sure DeSantis wouldn't have too much trouble going head to head with Trump. All he'd have to do is repeat some of the things currently in the news and watch Trump implode trying to take him down.

DeSantis is going to be the nominee and Trump, out of spite, will launch an independent run splitting the Republican vote and dooming any chance the GOP might have had for The White House OR controll of Congress.

DeSantis is going to be the nominee and Trump, out of spite, will launch an independent run splitting the Republican vote and dooming any chance the GOP might have had for The White House OR controll of Congress.

A third party launch by Trump doesn't necessarily doom Republicans. First off, he'd have to get on the ballot which as an independent candidate without a party apparatus around you is a lot more difficult, particularly since many, if not all, of his big money donors are going to go to the R candidate as they will view Trump as a spoiler and won't want to risk another Dem administration.

Second, look at Arizona right now. Sinema became an independent and yet, in a recent poll showing a three-way match between her, Democrat Ruben Gallego, and Republican Kari Lake, Lake actually lead Gallego by one point and Sinema was only pulling in around 12% of the vote if I remember correctly.

Even if the Trumpster were to decide to not run in 2024, I don't see DeSantis as running.

He has a big, important job right now that requires lots of attention.

If he really wanted to spend 2023 kissing ugly babies in Iowa, he would have never volunteered to run the show in Tallahassee last November in the midterms.

A third party launch by Trump doesn't necessarily doom Republicans. First off, he'd have to get on the ballot which as an independent candidate without a party apparatus around you is a lot more difficult, particularly since many, if not all, of his big money donors are going to go to the R candidate as they will view Trump as a spoiler and won't want to risk another Dem administration.

Second, look at Arizona right now. Sinema became an independent and yet, in a recent poll showing a three-way match between her, Democrat Ruben Gallego, and Republican Kari Lake, Lake actually lead Gallego by one point and Sinema was only pulling in around 12% of the vote if I remember correctly.

Trump will handle it the way he usually handles things……childish names, unfounded accusations and personal insults.

DeSantis will handle it the way most Republicans do, meekly accepting the insults and being too afraid of the wrath of MAGA to retaliate

Trump will siphon enough money off of Republicans to mount an independent campaign.
When he loses the GOP nomination he will claim the nomination was stolen and the GOP nominee is not legitimate.
He will ask “Real Republicans” to vote for him and call his opponent a RINO

Those who believe his lie will send him money….just like last time

Last edited:
If the GOP were to try to steal the nomination away from the Trumpster, it would actually be a winning strategy for Trump to run as a 3rd Party. The Republican candidate and Sleepy Joe would split the Anti-Trumpster vote, and the Donald would plow right up the middle of the road for the easy victory.

Trump will siphon enough money off of Republicans to mount an independent campaign.
When he loses the GOP nomination he will claim the nomination was stolen and the GOP nominee is not legitimate.
He will ask “Real Republicans” to vote for him and call his opponent a RINO

Those who believe his lie will send him money….just like last time

Yanno....................I could actually see something like that happening. And if it did, it would cause the GOP to implode from the weight of their own partisan bickering and stupidity.

Forum List

Back