Don t Let Anybody Tell You That Businesses Create Jobs

Business not only creates jobs, it creates wealth. Government uses some of the wealth to operate. The deeper it digs into the pockets of business the worse the economy gets. Morons blame business.

Facts not in evidence.

Yeah, there is no evidence in reality. :rolleyes:

Two largest tax increases in the history of this nation occurred under Bush Sr and Bill Clinton and that was followed by 20 million new jobs being created.

The massive tax cuts under Bush Jr resulted in a net zero job creation. Even when you factor out the economic collapse there is zero evidence that tax cuts produced any jobs.

The Truth About The Bush Tax Cuts And Job Growth - Forbes

So the "evidence in reality" is that increasing taxes does NOT harm the economy.

So let's raise them to 60% then. 70%? Hell, let's just do 80%, because according to you increasing taxes does not hurt the economy.

Reagan lowered the top rate from 70% to 50% and then eventually to 28%. The 80s saw a period of substantial growth following this that ultimately carried into the 90s. Clinton also cut capital gains taxes. Additionally, Bush Sr and Clinton presided over the dawn of the tech boom which fueled the economy throughout the 90s even faster. Bush Jr cut taxes and that lead to an increase in federal revenue pulling us out of the recession caused by the burst of the tech bubble and made worse by 9-11.

Taxes do affect economic growth, but they are not the only factor.

Our largest growth period was in the 50's and 60's when taxes were much higher.

Retread argument #5,456. We had no competition then since Europe and Japan were a mess and no one payed those high rates due to loopholes. Closing loopholes and lowering the rates brought in more revenue. Libs can't learn from history and have to lie about it to further their agenda.

Business not only creates jobs, it creates wealth. Government uses some of the wealth to operate. The deeper it digs into the pockets of business the worse the economy gets. Morons blame business.

Facts not in evidence.

Two largest tax increases in the history of this nation occurred under Bush Sr and Bill Clinton and that was followed by 20 million new jobs being created.

The massive tax cuts under Bush Jr resulted in a net zero job creation. Even when you factor out the economic collapse there is zero evidence that tax cuts produced any jobs.

So the "evidence in reality" is that increasing taxes does NOT harm the economy.

Taxes are WAY too high, raising them is a bad idea. Second only to electing a bunch of dumb asses to spend it.

Zero substantiation for your allegation.

Go ahead tell us why taxes should be increased so I can mock you. lol

Facts not in evidence.

So let's raise them to 60% then. 70%? Hell, let's just do 80%, because according to you increasing taxes does not hurt the economy.

Reagan lowered the top rate from 70% to 50% and then eventually to 28%. The 80s saw a period of substantial growth following this that ultimately carried into the 90s. Clinton also cut capital gains taxes. Additionally, Bush Sr and Clinton presided over the dawn of the tech boom which fueled the economy throughout the 90s even faster. Bush Jr cut taxes and that lead to an increase in federal revenue pulling us out of the recession caused by the burst of the tech bubble and made worse by 9-11.

Setting aside for a moment that your logic is rather simpleton, go ahead tell us exactly what congress would do with the money? Tell us why its a good idea for us to fork over more of our hard earned money to them?

...I guess businesses need to beef up the border patrol and build a higher fence. All this time I thought the Federal Government was responsible for controlling the border and setting immigration policy. Please tell me I am wrong.
Of course you're wrong.

However, in a situation where business silently and tacitly stimulates Illegal Immigration by hiring and exploiting low-wages Illegal Alien labor, thereby being responsible, at least in part, for an irresistible motivation and stimulus for outsiders to try crossing into the United States, it greatly increases the volume and makes border control all the more difficult.

Before you dig the hole deeper, perhaps you should read these links.

U.S. Code § 1324a - Unlawful employment of aliens
8 U.S. Code 1324a - Unlawful employment of aliens LII Legal Information Institute

How Federal Law Regulates ForeignWorkers
Foreign Workers Post September 11th - News Publications=

Facts not in evidence.

Taxes are WAY too high, raising them is a bad idea. Second only to electing a bunch of dumb asses to spend it.

Zero substantiation for your allegation.

Go ahead tell us why taxes should be increased so I can mock you. lol

Onus is on you to substantiate your own ludicrous allegation that "Taxes are WAY too high, raising them is a bad idea".

This is what happens when you cut taxes.

The Great Kansas Libertarianism Tea Party Disaster US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This idea that a businessman can create jobs without demand for his product or service is like a belief in creationism. It is just weird.

This is what Hillary said. “Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs,” Read it slowly and tell me if the word demand is there.

Is that her entire statement? Are you really making an effort?

I am the person in this thread who has argued that demand is required for jobs to be created. This has been met with opposition. It's weird.

That is because if businesses did not hire people they would not have any money to create demandand produce a product or service that the consumer wants or needs. Businesses offer a product of service and if they market it, and consumers buy it, and the demand exceeds production, they hire MORE people.

Hillary is dead wrong.
BUT, if corporations/businesses were living up to how they historically contribute the economy at home, instead of creating jobs offshore and keeping wages flat despite very good profits, America would be in a much better economic position.
Based on the last three decades plus, they are making Hillary, right in a sense. I guess we can blame the American approach to business. In most other developed/wealthy countries, the working class has seen a much more significant growth with their income than what the US worker has seen. Thus, the US no longer has the strongest and most admired Middle Class. Other countries have shown economic progress for their Middle Class, while in the US the Middle Class has seriously weakened.

Attachments

• corporate-profits-400x287.png
    corporate-profits-400x287.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 67
  • ted_20110224.png
    ted_20110224.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 65
  • Jobs-Offshored-Annual.jpg
    Jobs-Offshored-Annual.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Facts not in evidence.

Setting aside for a moment that your logic is rather simpleton, go ahead tell us exactly what congress would do with the money? Tell us why its a good idea for us to fork over more of our hard earned money to them?

Liberals think that the government IS the economy

It's sick

Facts not in evidence.

How about so we can have a healthy, educated, society?

The report also highlighted Oklahoma, Arizona, Idaho, Kansas, North Carolina and Wisconsin as states that worsened their education funding problems by cutting personal or corporate income taxes.

State Remains First in Education Funding Cuts Oklahoma Watch

Here's how we make up for tax cuts...

Oklahoma's education spending has dropped by almost 23 percent since 2008. Kansas cut 16 percent, Missouri cut 3 percent, and Iowa spends 11 percent more. And North Dakota spends 27 percent more than before the recession.

In Oklahoma, the cut is $810 per student, per year.

Study Oklahoma Is Number 1 In Education Spending Cuts Since 200 - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa OK - News Weather Video and Sports - KOTV.com

Demand for goods and services creates jobs. Period.

Owning a business is a job. No demand for goods and services.......no jobs.

Demand does not create jobs. Anticipation of profit is what creates jobs. There would be great "demand" for a car that performed like a Corvette but cost as much as a Chevy Spark! That doesn't create jobs however because you don't make a profit selling $50,000 cars for $12,000 and if there is no anticipation of profit then factories won't be built and workers won't be hired to work in those factories.

What liberals like yourself just can't quite get through your heads, Laugher is that any time you lessen the chances of turning a profit...you lessen the chances of creating jobs.

If you REALLY want to create jobs...then the way to do it is to entice those with capital to invest it in search of anticipated profit.

This idea that a businessman can create jobs without demand for his product or service is like a belief in creationism. It is just weird.

This is what Hillary said. “Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs,” Read it slowly and tell me if the word demand is there.

I am the person in this thread who has argued that demand is required for jobs to be created. This has been met with opposition. It's weird.

Sooo...farmers exist because people eat?

I never thought of that before now.

Are you sure that is the industry that you wish to use in an argument about job creation?

Classic lack of awareness.

Retread argument #5,456. We had no competition then since Europe and Japan were a mess and no one payed those high rates due to loopholes. Closing loopholes and lowering the rates brought in more revenue. Libs can't learn from history and have to lie about it to further their agenda.

You cannot get the kind of revenue that you need simply from closing loopholes without taxing the hell out of the middle class.

If you REALLY want to create jobs...then the way to do it is to entice those with capital to invest it in search of anticipated profit.

You seem to be missing the fact that US businesses are profiting quite nicely, yet they are shipping jobs offshore and holding down wages. Even when the Capital Gains and Dividend taxes were reduced, they just kept on doing the same thing, hire offshore and kept wages flat and that hurts the US economy as demonstrated by how fragile our economy has been the last decade.
See Post 188.

...I guess businesses need to beef up the border patrol and build a higher fence. All this time I thought the Federal Government was responsible for controlling the border and setting immigration policy. Please tell me I am wrong.
Of course you're wrong.

However, in a situation where business silently and tacitly stimulates Illegal Immigration by hiring and exploiting low-wages Illegal Alien labor, thereby being responsible, at least in part, for an irresistible motivation and stimulus for outsiders to try crossing into the United States, it greatly increases the volume and makes border control all the more difficult.

Before you dig the hole deeper, perhaps you should read these links.

U.S. Code § 1324a - Unlawful employment of aliens
8 U.S. Code 1324a - Unlawful employment of aliens LII Legal Information Institute

How Federal Law Regulates ForeignWorkers
Foreign Workers Post September 11th - News Publications=
Are you really and truly going to try to pretend that businesses do not hire Illegal Aliens by the hundreds of thousands and by the millions, in order to take advantage of far lower labor rates?

Really?

And you serve-up a law-citation or two, in support of that, and some commentary about the state of affairs immediately subsequent to 9-11?

Implying, of course, that businesses routinely comply with such laws, and that the post 9-11 state of affairs continued largely in the same vein, ever since the 9-11 timeframe, in an Illegal Immigration context?

Really?

You're a funny guy.

My plumber uses Illegals.

My roofer uses Illegals.

My general contractor uses illegals.

My driveway paving and resurfacing provider uses illegals.

My painter uses illegals.

My pool service (tough jobs only) uses illegals.

My neighbor's lawn care service uses illegals.

Five fast food joints within five minutes of my house use illegals.

Puh-leeeze!

And, the particular statute you cited, was passed by the present 113th Congress - only a year or two old.

How long have members of the latest Invasion Wave (12,000,000 to 20,000,000 Illegal Aliens now present upon United States soil) been coming here?

Since the 1986 Reagan Shamnesty was fulfilled, admitting a prior 3,000,000.

This most recent Invasion Wave began more than a quarter-century ago, long before that particular piece of legislation was passed.

A little like locking the barn door after the horses have already escaped.

Even IF such statute were being scrupulously observed by all sizes of companies and in all industries...

It didn't exist throughout the majority of the most recent Invasion Period, and, therefore, is nearly irrelevant, for our purposes here.

And, what existed prior to that time was oftentimes and rightfully viewed as being about as useful as a screen door on a submarine.

Businesses don't hire Illegal Aliens on a large scale - law or no law?

Yeah - right.

Your Honor - the Defense rests.

Last edited:
E

Sooo...farmers exist because people eat?

I never thought of that before now.

Are you sure that is the industry that you wish to use in an argument about job creation?

Classic lack of awareness.

Actually, it is an argument about the relationships between supply and demand.

Classic lack of an education in Economics 101.

You seem to be missing the fact that US businesses are profiting quite nicely, yet they are shipping jobs offshore and holding down wages. Even when the Capital Gains and Dividend taxes were reduced, they just kept on doing the same thing, hire offshore and kept wages flat and that hurts the US economy as demonstrated by how fragile our economy has been the last decade.
See Post 188.

Should it surprise anyone that multi-national corporations are choosing to build factories in other places than the US? The United States is not a business friendly nation like it used to be. We are over taxed...we are over regulated...we have higher labor costs and now liberals are doing their best to drastically increase the cost of energy in the US. Quite simply...why would you choose the US over other places?

You can also see a pronounced drop off in entrepreneurial start-ups over the past thirty years BECAUSE of the same issues as above. If you don't have people doing start-ups, then you aren't going to see a vibrant Middle Class.

Really? Mind showing his quotes and date of this 8 years of his blaming Clinton
What actually created jobs during the Clinton Administration?

We had two of the LARGEST TAX INCREASES in history. Spending on the military was being slashed and bases were being closed down. The government (ARPA) created Internet took off and the government was hiring thousands of new cops and teachers.

Tax increases, government investment, reduction in military spending and public sector hiring all contributed to 20 million new jobs.

Compare that to businesses outsourcing millions of jobs overseas because of Republican failed "free markets" dogma, massive taxcuts for the highest earners and illegal warmongering that have cost this nation trillions of taxpayer dollars.

Which scenario is better for We the People?

And then the dot com bubble busted and Bush spent 8 years blaming Clinton.

Forum List

Back