Don t Let Anybody Tell You That Businesses Create Jobs

This idea that a businessman can create jobs without demand for his product or service is like a belief in creationism. It is just weird.

This is what Hillary said. “Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs,” Read it slowly and tell me if the word demand is there.

Is that her entire statement? Are you really making an effort?

I am the person in this thread who has argued that demand is required for jobs to be created. This has been met with opposition. It's weird.

This idea that a businessman can create jobs without demand for his product or service is like a belief in creationism. It is just weird.

This is what Hillary said. “Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs,” Read it slowly and tell me if the word demand is there.

Is that her entire statement? Are you really making an effort?

I am the person in this thread who has argued that demand is required for jobs to be created. This has been met with opposition. It's weird.

Sooo...farmers exist because people eat?

I never thought of that before now.

Business not only creates jobs, it creates wealth. Government uses some of the wealth to operate. The deeper it digs into the pockets of business the worse the economy gets. Morons blame business.

Facts not in evidence.

Yeah, there is no evidence in reality. :rolleyes:

Two largest tax increases in the history of this nation occurred under Bush Sr and Bill Clinton and that was followed by 20 million new jobs being created.

The massive tax cuts under Bush Jr resulted in a net zero job creation. Even when you factor out the economic collapse there is zero evidence that tax cuts produced any jobs.

The Truth About The Bush Tax Cuts And Job Growth - Forbes

So the "evidence in reality" is that increasing taxes does NOT harm the economy.

Really? Hillary said something so stupid that she needs a remedial class in economics? And she is a valid candidate for presidency? Please tell me this is a joke. Perhaps people like her can pull money out of their rich trust fund well endowed assess but rest of us Americans have rely on business providing us JOBS. And that is fact, no welfare ,no lottery winnings, no rich parents teats to suckle off of.
We can't get millions up front for books that don't sell either, like Hillary and Cuomo.

Sounds like you're suffering from class envy.

Business not only creates jobs, it creates wealth. Government uses some of the wealth to operate. The deeper it digs into the pockets of business the worse the economy gets. Morons blame business.

Facts not in evidence.

Two largest tax increases in the history of this nation occurred under Bush Sr and Bill Clinton and that was followed by 20 million new jobs being created.

The massive tax cuts under Bush Jr resulted in a net zero job creation. Even when you factor out the economic collapse there is zero evidence that tax cuts produced any jobs.

So the "evidence in reality" is that increasing taxes does NOT harm the economy.

So let's raise them to 60% then. 70%? Hell, let's just do 80%, because according to you increasing taxes does not hurt the economy.

Reagan lowered the top rate from 70% to 50% and then eventually to 28%. The 80s saw a period of substantial growth following this that ultimately carried into the 90s. Clinton also cut capital gains taxes. Additionally, Bush Sr and Clinton presided over the dawn of the tech boom which fueled the economy throughout the 90s even faster. Bush Jr cut taxes and that lead to an increase in federal revenue pulling us out of the recession caused by the burst of the tech bubble and made worse by 9-11.

Taxes do affect economic growth, but they are not the only factor.

Really? Hillary said something so stupid that she needs a remedial class in economics? And she is a valid candidate for presidency? Please tell me this is a joke. Perhaps people like her can pull money out of their rich trust fund well endowed assess but rest of us Americans have rely on business providing us JOBS. And that is fact, no welfare ,no lottery winnings, no rich parents teats to suckle off of.
We can't get millions up front for books that don't sell either, like Hillary and Cuomo.

Well then that would make him a Democrat, wouldn't it?

Your strawman is flimsy. Try a better molecular construct in the plastic.

In no way, shape, or form, was that straw man.

Sure it is. A straw man is a misrepresentation of an opponent's argument. No rhetorical opponent has made the argument as stated. Maybe I missed a post somewhere, please show me if I have.

She also said this: “You know that old theory, ‘trickle-down economics,’” she continued. “That has been tried, that has failed. It has failed rather spectacularly.”

She is probably charging 1/4 million to babble on. My gosh she is dated Reagan was 30 years ago. Don't dried up old bags have something new to run on?

Sounds like she's talking about job demand and tax cuts. I don't care how many tax cuts you give, if there's no demand, companies are not going to hire people to stand around.

Well then that would make him a Democrat, wouldn't it?

Why don't you ask him why he's suffering from class envy.

Facts not in evidence.
Not in your mind. But you're the same guy that looks at only what he wants to make his case. Businesses are much more multinational than ever before, many outsourced jobs are for those markets, many are due to increasing government regulations and costs in a global playing field and automation replaced many tasks.

Those are some of the things one must consider before blaming business. And where do you suppose wealth comes from? Government?

Facts not in evidence.

Taxes are WAY too high, raising them is a bad idea. Second only to electing a bunch of dumb asses to spend it.

The Campaign Commercials against Hillary are just writing themselves....

Facts not in evidence.
Not in your mind. But you're the same guy that looks at only what he wants to make his case. Businesses are much more multinational than ever before, many outsourced jobs are for those markets, many are due to increasing government regulations and costs in a global playing field and automation replaced many tasks.

Those are some of the things one must consider before blaming business. And where do you suppose wealth comes from? Government?

Nothing there substantiates your failed allegation that taxes harm the economy.

"
Appearing at a Boston rally for Democrat gubernatorial candidate Martha Coakley on Friday, Hillary Clinton told the crowd gathered at the Park Plaza Hotel not to listen to anybody who says that “businesses create jobs.”

Hillary Don t Let Anybody Tell You That Businesses Create Jobs

....and you Lefty pusillanimous puss pockets will lap this right up.

Leave it to dumbass Breitfart to only post 36 seconds of Hillary's comments on job creation. I guess we all know that's she's talking about tax cuts and demand, right?

Facts not in evidence.

Taxes are WAY too high, raising them is a bad idea. Second only to electing a bunch of dumb asses to spend it.

Zero substantiation for your allegation.

Perhaps she meant that businesses would rather outsource and shop the jobs offshore, hiring cheaper non-American labor, than to create or sustain a job here, yes?

Or tempt-across and then hire Illegal Aliens at near-slave wages, yes?

For some of the Big Boy Companies, those accusations are certainly true, aren't they?

Who is responsible for the continued flow of illegal into this country? Here is a clue. I ain't businesses. And the Big Boy Companies don't knowingly hire illegals, they have the resources to vet a potential hire. Most illegals that do work instead of getting an Obama check, work for small contractors.
I prefer to think that she was hinting that government creates jobs.

Wow.

You could not be more wrong.

The reason for the big push to end migrant workers coming here is to force small farmers to pay the higher wages Americans demand. The small family farms are going broke and Big Business is buying them up for pennies on the dollar.

Big businesses actually advertise in Mexico and other countries, for migrant workers. And, its not just "contractors". Look at who is cleaning your hotel room, slaughtering your meat, washing the dishes in the restaurant.

Not just Mexico either. Nor is it just labor jobs. Big business goes out of the US for high tech jobs too because the right has become so anti-education.

And, you might want to educate yourself on our history with bringing migrant farmers to the US. Start by Googling "Bracero program".

There have been government procedures in place for decades to allow migrant workers into the US to do seasonal farm work. Migrant is not the same as illegal immigrant. High tech jobs for foreign nationals also has had and continues to have a governmental policy allowing them to work in the US.

...I guess businesses need to beef up the border patrol and build a higher fence. All this time I thought the Federal Government was responsible for controlling the border and setting immigration policy. Please tell me I am wrong.
Of course you're wrong.

However, in a situation where business silently and tacitly stimulates Illegal Immigration by hiring and exploiting low-wages Illegal Alien labor, thereby being responsible, at least in part, for an irresistible motivation and stimulus for outsiders to try crossing into the United States, it greatly increases the volume and makes border control all the more difficult.

Forum List

Back